It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Because You're Paranoid, Doesn't Mean They Aren't Out To Get You...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I thought I would take a step back and take a look at paranoia, and how we as human beings react to it.

What exactly makes it paranoia if the human mind senses something out of the ordinary?

I am of course referring to our abilities to sense something which might make us fear.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Paranoia

Paranoia is a thought process heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.

Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

In the original Greek, παράνοια (paranoia) simply means madness (para = outside; nous = mind).

Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state.

Out of the five known senses, hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste, still many things happen in life, which are unknown to us as human beings, no matter our race, age, knowledge, and or experience, where our senses combine and are attuned to our surroundings.

This is generally called our sixth sense, or more commonly referred to as Extrasensory Perception.

It is something hotly disputed, researched, claimed and denied by Government, and many religions.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Extrasensory Perception

Extrasensory perception (ESP) involves reception of information not gained through the recognized senses and not internally originated.

The term was coined by German psychical researcher, Rudolf Tischner, and adopted by Duke University psychologist J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as telepathy and clairvoyance, and their trans-temporal operation as precognition or retrocognition.

ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch.

The term implies acquisition of information by means external to the basic limiting assumptions of science, such as that organisms can only receive information from the past to the present.

Parapsychology is the study of paranormal psychic phenomena, including ESP. Parapsychologists generally regard such tests as the ganzfeld experiment as providing compelling evidence for the existence of ESP.

The scientific community does not accept this due to the disputed evidence base, the lack of a theory which would explain ESP, and the lack of experimental techniques which can provide reliably positive results.

The scientific consensus, as expressed by the National Science Foundation, has identified and described ten subjects, including extrasensory perception, and they consider belief in those subjects to be pseudoscientific beliefs.

I am someone who was raised in a highly Christian household, and pretty much everything that most people talk of casually now, in regards to the ethereal and or esoteric, was taboo.

I've written many threads speaking about my thoughts, sharing bits and pieces of those experiences.

There is really no need to go into it yet again, so many people are critical about my sharing life, because they see it as non-essential to the thread, which I do not concur with.

But, in order to clarify, let me be blunt, I was not encouraged to read upon psychic phenomena.

Did that stop me?

No.

I have written a few threads on the Paranormal Forum areas, very few in fact.

My main focus is on the conspiracies of Government, crimes of Government, and collusion of Government.

Mental Imagery From Words Or Images

...and...

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

Those are just two of several, I felt it pertinent to include them, so as to give you a baseline of my beliefs.

So, my question to you, is what most people perceive, criticize, or claim as paranoia, really paranoia, or is it possibly these individuals being attuned to their surrounding through the ever controversial and scientifically questioned, extrasensory perception?

Is it medication being off, people living in a stressful life, or perhaps seeing things?

I have my thoughts on it, but I am opening it up for others, and let us have a civil discourse.

Is it a fear of something, or the knowledge of something as yet unexplained, or possibly being crazy?

Are you paranoid, are they out to get you, or is it all in your head?

Stop The Stalkers

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spend some time around someone suffering from paranoid schizophrenia who is not on their meds and then try to claim that paranoia is a form of ESP.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
as always SKL you deliver with well thought out questions and impeccable research,

The human mind is amazing, the most amazing creation in the world, a highly complex system, capable of pretty much anything, the world we know was created with the human mind, so why not paranoia?
personally i think that paranoia is not a legitimate fear, it is a self inflating fear that one is important and that others are "out to get them", even with no shred of proof, nor evidence to support it, the idea is cooked up inside the mind and it is allowed to brew until it becomes a full blown realistic tangible fear, that cripples many humans, from doing day to day activity, while drugs may alter the mind, and help speed up the process or coax out paranoia in some, it is completely illegitimate, and can be prevented. just my .02

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting thread Spartan.

I find there is a lot of paranoia on the boards as of late, but them again we are prone that sort of thing.

For moment we should step back and take the tin foil hats off and view our surroundings for what they really are.

I am not paranoid in the least bit, I usually look at things from an observer's point of view instead of a person within the situation, and this usually provides a clearer way forward IMO.

S&F as always for another great conversation starter.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Consider the factors:

Casual sex: welcome to trusting no one to be a whole person, but instead to manipulate others for temporary pleasure.

Multiculturalism: we're not all from the same tradition, values system and heritage, so we're battling it out in the businesses and streets.

Political instability: we have bigger weapons, better spies, and instead of having one world master we're now fighting it out for this role.

Demise of religion: even if a transcendental belief in forests for atheists, some sense of reverent holistic appreciation for life and belief in it as an ongoing order is helpful.

Media: paranoia, horror, doubt, fear and sodomy of innocents sell; contentment, balance, simplicity and wisdom don't.

Economy: everything, including all information around us and our doctor's words, is a product. For this reason, we know that every aspect of our lives is designed to profit from us -- to parasitize us. We don't trust but we must use, so the uneasy balance continues.

Drugs: instead of letting a few knock themselves out with drugs, we're running around in paramilitary gear trying to bust people.

Ugliness: utilitarian design covered with advertising. Blecch!

I'm sure there are more.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Spend some time around someone suffering from paranoid schizophrenia who is not on their meds and then try to claim that paranoia is a form of ESP.

Very good , now go away , you seem tough enough to handle that instruction, nice post op, we know nothing what could be going on , and threads like this is what ats is all about ,informed info, some people just cant help themselves when it comes the unknown,why they even bother ,i wouldnt know , someones medical condition is far from what you are trying to say , keep up the good work !

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just wrote that in my last thread are you out to get me im feeling paranoid

just kiddin
Be Well

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Actually we know quite a bit about what's going on. We know that there is a genetic predisposition. We can also see the symptoms of paranoia in people suffering from coc aine addiction, indicating that a dopamine deficiency is at least partly responsible for paranoid behavior. This is further supported by the fact that medications that work on dopamine receptors cause paranoid behaviors to disappear in some. The brain is not as mysterious as some would have us believe.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
On the net a lot of people call others paranoid schizophrenic. Yet the ones calling other people something like such are the ones ill for believing they are all professional doctors that do diagnoses.

Just my 2 cent.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think you mistake my writing that as giving that as a reason for extreme behaviors.

Again, paranoia, might be the issue, being off medications, might be the issue.

I never said as well that the two are completely separate, nor did I say they were the same.

They might actually be one and the same, or they might be completely different.

Each set of circumstances is unique and I am not claiming to know specifically.

I can speak to my experiences, I can speak to situations I have seen, or heard about.

Originally posted by l neXus l
as always SKL you deliver with well thought out questions and impeccable research,

The human mind is amazing, the most amazing creation in the world, a highly complex system, capable of pretty much anything, the world we know was created with the human mind, so why not paranoia?
personally i think that paranoia is not a legitimate fear, it is a self inflating fear that one is important and that others are "out to get them", even with no shred of proof, nor evidence to support it, the idea is cooked up inside the mind and it is allowed to brew until it becomes a full blown realistic tangible fear, that cripples many humans, from doing day to day activity, while drugs may alter the mind, and help speed up the process or coax out paranoia in some, it is completely illegitimate, and can be prevented. just my .02

I think personally it is dependent upon a unique set of circumstances.

Having been stalked off and on since I was six years old, I know fear.

However, there is a difference when fear is a direct result of an action.

And we as human beings can control that fear and turn it into something useful.

Our five senses are unique but if we develop what is called the sixth sense, it is the combination of these five senses, honed into a defense mechanism.

It took me until a few years ago until I began seeing that my father, who after my mother divorcing him, and trying to kidnap me continually, was my first stalker.

You could say it gave me a unqiue perspective to know that my childhood was not just uncommon fear, nor metaphorical fear, but a reality based fear.

My mother feared my father, a man who threatened to kill a Judge, due to losing visitation rights, who lost custody rights, because of alcoholism.

My stepfather feared my mother's inert fear of my father, and did not fear my father.

I was surrounded, both literally and metaphorically, by fear at all times.

Being afraid became a second nature, it evolved into a first nature, and became then, an instinct, something with which, if it had not been honed, could have driven me nuts, but it did not, and in fact it has saved my life.

It is no longer a fear, and I fear no man, and now it is my salvation.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Interesting thread Spartan.

I find there is a lot of paranoia on the boards as of late, but them again we are prone that sort of thing.

For moment we should step back and take the tin foil hats off and view our surroundings for what they really are.

I am not paranoid in the least bit, I usually look at things from an observer's point of view instead of a person within the situation, and this usually provides a clearer way forward IMO.

S&F as always for another great conversation starter.

~Keeper

Thank you.

Well, I have never worn a tin foil hat, I do not fear any man or machine.

I can sense the paranoia on the boards, it is like the stench of death, it reeks.

Fear has a certain smell, it exudes an odor, and as well you can almost see it.

I look at things both from my perspective and that of the person I speak with.

As the old saying goes :

You cannot truly know a man, unless you walk a mile in another man's shoes.

I think inside the box, outside the box, and smash the box and start over.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

I think the one word that sums up pretty much everything you just said is :

Quote from : Wikipedia : Xenophobia

Xenophobia is a dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown or different from oneself.

It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner" and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear."

The term is typically used to describe a fear or dislike of foreigners or of people significantly different from oneself, usually in the context of visibly differentiated minorities.

Rise of xenophobia in Europe

But, is it fear, paranoia, or group mindset?

It could be mass hatred or mass hysteria or possibly mass paranoia, could it not?

Originally posted by StaceyWilson

Very good , now go away , you seem tough enough to handle that instruction, nice post op, we know nothing what could be going on , and threads like this is what ats is all about ,informed info, some people just cant help themselves when it comes the unknown,why they even bother ,i wouldnt know , someones medical condition is far from what you are trying to say , keep up the good work !

It is because of the mindset of fear, StaceyWilson, nothing more.

You are correct, I am not specifying anyone's medcal condition, thank you.

I merely gave a set of parameters and invoked a civilized discussion.

Something I thoroughly enjoy doing at any and all times, is to talk.

Intelligence can overcome stupidity, just as we can Deny Ignorance, together.

Originally posted by triplescorpio
I just wrote that in my last thread are you out to get me im feeling paranoid

just kiddin
Be Well

No, I assure you, it was not something I saw anyone write, it's been a thread idea.

For quite some time.

I always pre-plan my threads, even now, I have several thousand thought up.

Be well to you too.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Exactly and my life is proof of this thread is correct. I just knew more about humans then most at school, and this fear brought about the criminals coming into my life for no reason.

18 years i have had of no privacy, and i have never commited a crime, the police just absolutely destroyed my life, desperate to make up stuff about me.

Police have proven by what they did to me, that they are out of control, and just animals, just desperate to kill any innocent person, and when i mean i have never done anything i mean it, and they desperately went through my whole life trying to find something.

I just find it amazing how people in position of authority can make up anything, and everyone believes it.

My life is proof absolutely that governments and police murder and desperately try to kill innocent people for no reason.

By the way if you do not believe why should i care, my life is proof positive what police in london do to people when they are desperately out to get them.

The techs today are beyond your imagination to know what they can do, but the people who do these things love destroying people, and it turns out they may be your neighbours.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by StaceyWilson

Actually we know quite a bit about what's going on. We know that there is a genetic predisposition. We can also see the symptoms of paranoia in people suffering from coc aine addiction, indicating that a dopamine deficiency is at least partly responsible for paranoid behavior. This is further supported by the fact that medications that work on dopamine receptors cause paranoid behaviors to disappear in some. The brain is not as mysterious as some would have us believe.

You are quite correct in that the mental stability of a person is affected by many things, from inability to function in society, to mental imbalances in the chemicals which help us make rational thoughts, to fear based reality in which people do not know how to accept help.

And of course, there is people being affected by illicit and illegal drug use.

Something I do not condone because I have zero reason to alter my mind.

And as well the inability to process testoterone, or an over-abundance of it.

Originally posted by Tormentations
On the net a lot of people call others paranoid schizophrenic. Yet the ones calling other people something like such are the ones ill for believing they are all professional doctors that do diagnoses.

Just my 2 cent.

You are correct, I have seen many people try to discredit someone that way.

I have as well seen people claim to be paranoid schizophrenic.

That anyone would call someone that is nothing more than inability to let someone else believe how they want to believe, or an inability to understand that person's unique set of circumstances, and let them be themselves.

I believe in live and let live, leave others to their own thoughts, and share in peace.

Knowledge is a powerful thing, and should be respected, shared, and encouraged.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

While I do not know your unique set of circumstances I assure, I will take it into account, and not become nasty with you, however if you care to share, I encourage it, and ask you to share it, and possibly others will listen.

Not everyone may listen but I can tell you I will listen and hear you.

You may very well have come across sensitive information and are being discredited.

You may like this other thread I have done as well because it sounds like it.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

ya right me too, that sixth sense is common sense, it is the objective perception judgment of the whole reality life value around you, it is easy to guess that everything is based on killing for living so what you call six sense is that sense of reality life level in that evil existance

we can say also that truth is superiority drive, that is why any awareness move must identify a superior base as the living one, and that is how all abuses are meaning the lives of awareness moves prooving their superiority on others livings, how miserable lives are needed then to fix the powerful livings stands and existance others awareness are killed forever so the powrful livings would be the only existance source

the drive of truth is superiority, it is the motivation of truth, but then awareness of it which is truth life, should make existing awareness sense their living move when they consider objectively superiority being alive out of themselves and not themselves, the sense of living should be the focus as positive certainty freedom that can justify being positive free existing freedom from being the source of anything real related to that positive free fact
but the drive without awareness is superiority, which make evil develop because consciousness of that truth wanted to exploit that separation with truth by seting its freedom from in acting as superior and not for superiority which would forced it to act for truth
it wanted to benefit from freedom opportunity of truth life to assert its empire on consciousness life as true free powerful livings creations abusing principles of truth life forever continuity without ever being related to its facts sources life but only related to creators as consciousness empire life wills

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

While I can see your point, the sixth sense, as some call it, is not always common sense.

If the person is not fully trained in the ability of interpreting it, or does not know what it is, or even if the teaching of it goes against their upbringing, like in my situation, it is not in the least bit, common sense.

It would then be uncommon sense in that it would be out of the ordinary.

I had to learn what it was I was intepreting and overcome the overwhelming fear.

It is now something that is an instinct and has become first nature.

Whereas before it was second nature, it is the first thing I listen to, and the last I ignore.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yes but that is why people dont know what common sense is, they identify common sense in others as common living positive reality sense but they dont identify it within themselves

everyone acting outside as ordinary himself right positive living had to face what you said alone

it is common sense base, because it is about the adaptation to the objective reality life whole for positive reality that must come within you,

it is actually the common sense of objective reality life that could be related to you as true common sense too, so the sense of truth in common allowing you to identify a positive reality with and not suffer from contradictions

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans
yes but that is why people dont know what common sense is, they identify common sense in others as common living positive reality sense but they dont identify it within themselves

everyone acting outside as ordinary himself right positive living had to face what you said alone

it is common sense base, because it is about the adaptation to the objective reality life whole for positive reality that must come within you,

it is actually the common sense of objective reality life that could be related to you as true common sense too, so the sense of truth in common allowing you to identify a positive reality with and not suffer from contradictions

I disagree with you here because common sense and common knowledge are different.

People have common sense, but not common knowledge, there is a distinct difference.

If it is not taught, or if it goes against someone's religious upbringing, it can be something as well that is directly in opposition with someone's belief system.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

truth is never to be taught, common sense is of truth it is the common sense of all, the only living point possible when chaotic different sources are present in a same reality form

you are confusing forms with substance which is impossible as they never meet

what you call people beliefs is the supports sources people mean to act as living ones, so it is never them being true and that is why those fears of paranoia would never be for ones beliefs defense

when you mean to defend what support you, your action is always of being supported illusions you would never sense the fear of loosing yourself and that is how people kill for their beliefs and are ready constantly to die for, they are never living source of themselves to fear any denial of existing reality living aganist them

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There are differences between delusional paranoia, schizoid paranoia and of course a real threat. When I was in Africa with the military, we had the ANC, SWAPO and the MLA floating around, hence the expression of extreme caution looks like paranoia but in the presence of a real threat.

My CO (Chief of CI) used to say, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence and three times is enemy action." This can be applied to everyday life, which has become more and more like a covert operation at the edge of a battlefield.

"Prefect paranoia IS perfect awareness" and it may save your life and the lives of those around you.

Precognition of events can also lead up to what appears to be paranoia. A feeling something isn't sitting right, so you change plans. You may never know what or who you saved by doing so. I recall two incidents in Africa where I changed plans "on the road" which prevented my daughter from becoming an orphan. I had a feeling. Was I paranoid or in tune with my situation and environment?

For me it's very simple, if I am paranoid it is because they are after me and I can prove it, most of the time they just keep their distance and observe. At one point it was wiretaps, then it turned into active surveillance and internet monitoring, and now the government has information sitting in files that is altogether incorrect and produced by fraudulent means and sources, that they will not let me correct. Some people on this site will understand that when a person knows too much about military technology or corruption and "bolts" from the "company" or their handlers they turn from asset to liability in a heartbeat.

So is that common sense or paranoia?

Albeit my situation is considerably different than most here, I am on the list, I know it without a doubt and have been living on borrowed time for far too long.

Unfortunately, we live in an age of extreme fear that has been manufactured for our control. Fear breeds paranoia, but the mind will do one of three things I think, it may fall into information overload and drive psychosis or like the boy who cried wolf, eventually ignore all the false markers so that real ones won't be recognized or embrace paranoia and examine all threats, real or perceived in a logical manner, then do what you can do and forget about what you cannot change.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 3/3.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join