It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last shred of proof that we're all slaves.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As if it wasn't enough to build a society based on an out-of-control debt that could never possibly be paid off, and how they continue to just exacerbate the situation by figuring newer and better ways to put us ALL in DEBT.

This one appears to be directed at kids (play now, pay later) and crooks (see quotebox), I guess (?)

I give you... "Kwedit"

Kwedit - is a new, innovative way to purchase digital content and virtual goods safely, easily, and quickly without needing a credit or debit card.

Kwedit Direct allows you to buy digital content and virtual goods and pay for them by:

- visiting a local store (such as a 7-Eleven) that accepts Kwedit payments
- smailing the cash in a pre-paid Kwedit envelope/mailer that’s printed right off the web
- using Pass the Duck™ -- the world’s first social payment network – to ask family members or friends to pay on your behalf.

For some reason, this is just screaming Danger! Danger!

Stephen Colbert did a pretty humerous and scary segment about it, last night:

[Mods? Emeddage? :-)]

www.hulu.com...-p1-sr-i1

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So very very sad.

But on the bright side, kids can't legally enter into contract.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just sent them a nice little e-mail. I asked them who they contract with, the parents or the children. I hope enough people send them e-mails and tell them what they think about this. Nothing like baiting kids is there?

I`m just waiting for a reply, which I doubt I`ll get.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was kind of actually hoping someone (parent, perhaps) that knows about this silly thing might be on ATS - probably not - most folks here are too shrewd.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is glamorizing credit and debt for sure!

As if the economy isn't screwed as it is!!!!!!!!!!

S+F!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Kwedit...
That sounds retarded. Face it guys I don't think will be ever be able to get out of this mess. Especially if our younger generations are being giving these "credit cards" this early. When I was growing up I was spoiled but not that spoiled, to the point of where I could buy anything that I wanted. Now this would destroy the dollar forsure if credit companies are going along with this "Kwedit" crap.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

They've been doing it for a long time now. Well, maybe not glamorizing it but it's become the rule rather than the exception, normalized if you will. Younger people now have grown up watching their parents use their credit cards, sometimes wantonly. For some, credit has gone from a privilege to a way of life.

Regarding credit, it's a lot easier to swipe that card than to not buy what you want because you looked in your wallet or purse and discovered you don't have the cash or you look in your check register and see you don't have enough in the bank to cover it. The proliferation of debit cards operates along the same principle. You don't physically count the money or see the balance on paper, you just slide that card on through and there you go.

Another trend I've noticed, though not universal, is you don't see credit cards rejected as frequently as you used to. If you didn't have enough of a balance it was rejected, period. Now, sometimes the charge will be allowed and Shazam! You get an over the limit fee. Bad for you, good for the issuing bank. Another is the ability to pay bills with a credit card. There was a time when almost nobody would accept a CC as payment for a bill, now it's not uncommon at all.

Handled responsibly, credit can be a good thing. It's when it turns into a lifestyle that you get in trouble. Okay, there's my monthly credit rant. Tune in next month for "Graybeard says credit today is out of control"

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They have had this for years, its called PayPal

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

SquirrelNutz,

I am suprised by the few number of posters here considering this astounding read. Thanks for posting and including Colbert's segment on it. As usual, he nails it in his hilariously mocking fashion. I for one am disgusted by the idea and as you noted in your title "...were all slaves". Yes, KWEDIT is a symbol of such ideals that lead to servitude. Amazingly pathetic.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Maybe the title wasn't 'grabby' enough(?)

Thanks for checking in. :-)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This Kwedit Krap is pathetic at best...and greed is the only reason it was created. Disgusting ....they are like pediphiles with candy!! sorry ....just had to add my 2 cents...

top topics

join