It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo,Oceanside,CA. 1978-1979

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I lived in Oceanside,Ca., in '78 and '79.Had me a studio apt. on The Strand.,which is right on the beach.On this particular night,a neighbor came over and woke me up.He was in a frenzy,yelling for me to get up and come quick.I grabbed my pants but he took me by the arm,literaly pulling me out of the apt.,telling me there wasn't time for that! I thought maybe the place was on fire.Once we got outside I noticed several people staring upwards at the same time he was yelling "LOOK",as he pointed to the sky.My mind still to this day has a very vivid image of what I saw. There directly above us was a ufo, setting still.It was circular in shape,probably 200-300 feet diameter,a dark ring around the circumference with 6 rings insise this,centered around a center ring.Inside these rings there was what appeared to be some type of combustion process going on.The "fire" was "rolling" in upon itself.It was not being expelled from the craft,it was being consumed internally.And there was no heat being emitted.There was no noise whatsoever.And it sat there.And sat there.And sat there.It sat there for so long that most of the crowd went back to their apartments.But I was mesmerized.Eventually, it began to move very slowly towards the ocean.The inside rings were working one off the other.One would be turning clockwise,the next would be counterclockwise.The circumference ring did not rotate,nor did the center ring.I watched this thing for who knows how long as it just very slowly travelled out over the ocean until I could no longer see it.I remember thinking that if it were to accelerate,it would undoubtedly be super fast. To this day,I don't know what it was.I can't say what the top of the craft looked like,because the bottom had me in a trance.Nor can I say if it was extra-terrestrial.,after all Camp Pendelton was less than 5 miles away.Strange that there were NO aircraft srambled to check it out.,although one of the local radio d.j.'s mentioned it the next morning,but only briefly.End of story.Nothing else ever said about it again.Is there anyone here who might have witnessed this? ---okbmd---

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

That sounds pretty amazing. I would have been in a trance as well. How close to the ground was it?

I had a similar experience but it was during the afternoon, and the object was very very high up. So high that you had to stare in a spot in the sky for a few minutes before you would focus on it. I told my family and they all came out and saw it. Everyone thought it was either a satellite or a balloon, but it seriously was i the same spot for over 3 hours.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I would estimate that it was no more than 600-800 feet off the ground. And yes, this one remained stationary for well over an hour before it began to move at all.It was to the point that my neck was sore from looking upward,but I couldn't take my eyes off of it.Even after it started to move out over the ocean,I continued to watch it for at least another hour.This thing was in no hurry whatsoever.Most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I just don't see how this belongs in the 'Ancient and Lost Civilizations' forum... perhaps skunkworks, as it would get thrown out of the 'aliens & ufos' forum for not containing any pictures, or evidence of any kind.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How do multiple people witness this thing for such a long period of time that they get bored w/ it and go back inside...and yet, not a single photo..

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I gotta agree here. Unless the OP can provide some pictures? Even a video? I'm sure there was ample time to grab something. Who knows! Not saying that you are lying friend.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

I have no idea how it wound up in this forum.As for no pictures,videos,or evidence of any kind,what part of "1978-79" did you all not understand? This was quite some time before video/camcorders were a common household luxury.,and certainly long before camera phones. Also,am I to assume that every thread in the ufo/alien forum contains evidence and/or photos? I don't know, I haven't visited that forum yet. I didn't ask you to believe it,I was simply explaining what I witnessed with my own eyes. Take it or leave it., Doesn't matter to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've seen this kind of arrangement used for breaking ciphers but I'm not sure where. An interference pattern like that could be used for many purposes though.

Most satellite down links aren't in the visible spectrum but there are artificial star type error correction systems that might monitor the atmosphere using a pattern like that. We will probably never know what it was for sure.

The designers and users probably signed a non disclosure statement and technology like that is often classified "eyes only". That means you can see it yourself but cannot copy or repeat a description in the media. Usually links to detailed information get "disappeared" before anyone has a chance to proliferate the information.

Might be something on "adaptive optics" that is declassified by now.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by jephers0n

As for no pictures,videos,or evidence of any kind,what part of "1978-79" did you all not understand? This was quite some time before video/camcorders were a common household luxury.,and certainly long before camera phones.

Polaroids, 35mm, and cheap 110s all existed then. Surely one person in a crowd would have at least one of these. Our household had one of each in the late 70's.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

That's interesting.,am not familiar with what you are talking about,so if you think of anything else please keep me posted?Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I hear what you are saying,but I,personally,did not have any at the time. I didn't post this to try to convince anyone,that's why I asked if anyone here might have witnessed this event?Maybe there ARE pictures out there,that was the underlying reason for this post.I have a hard time believing some of the sightings I hear about too,without some sort of evidence.Who can say that someone will not turn up with photos?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hi friend.

That is amazing.!

When someone actually encounters one of these crafts it stricks with them in their mind.

Makes one think who what was inside of it?

Thankyou for sharing and the rings were interesting of its power source to.

I woulda screamed if i was there.

Dont be a stranger and hope to hear some feed back on this.

Your friend

K

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Must have been an awesome sight. Pity you didn't have a camera. I had the same problem when I saw my first UFO back in 2008. I was on a plane travelling to Tunis from Paris. Didn't have a camera with me and my mobile phone was off and in my bag in the overhead luggage bin.

People have said 'why didn't you get your phone? Well phones are not allowed to be used on planes and I'd have to jump over 2 other sleeping people. Didn't want to tear my eyes from the window......lol

Anyway, great sighting. Hope u have many more. Just keep looking up....lol

I fly every month to and from work and now I take a camera with me.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad the OP posted this. Although it's difficult to sort through the actual encounters/sightings, the fabrications for attention, and the deliberate disinformation, not everyone who has an actual sighting will have photographic proof, and it helps those who have had similar sightings to hear the descriptions of others. Not that I've had a similar sighting to the one described, but perhaps someone who has will stumble upon it, like the OP says. That's really all that these posts are good for, but that's certainly something. Maybe he/she could upload a sketch?

I'm trying to remember if there was anything like this described in "Above Top Secret" (the book), though it's been years since I've read it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well , I posted this almost a year ago , and it never made it past the first page , and it was also moved to the gray area because I didn't have pictures or video .

I still don't have pictures or video , but it is a true account of something I witnessed with my own eyes .

I notice there are several ufo threads up tonight , so I thought I would throw this back out here for those of you interested in this topic .

Like I've said , this is a true account , and although I have no way of proving it , I'd appreciate if no one starts crying hoax , simply because I have no pics or vids .

I keep hoping someone will come along who actually witnessed this too .

Make of it what you will , just don't call me a liar .

top topics

join