It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I "feel someone dying" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
A few days ago, I was in light meditation, when I suddenly started thinking about death. It does not often happen to me, yet when it does, it gets really strong. I feel like cold, a bit affraid too, and unable to think about anything else.
Also, I'm affraid of death only during these one moments, usually, I just tend to "know" that there is something else to be found after death, so I'm not hanging on life that hard (not that I want to commit suicide, but a few years ago, I got stuck in a big pozzolana slope, feeling that any wrong movement could send me down the slop to a sure death, and the only feeling I had was "well, SNIP, it shouldn't end that way there are many things left to experience for me !").
To get back on my topic, the following day, someone called, telling my father that an old woman we used to know (even though we were not that close to her, I actually haven't seen her for years) just had died. She was not sick yet very old, so I guess she must have died in her sleep.
Where these two events linked ? Did anyone experience such things ?
I can recall two times when I got these same feelings about death, but it was the first time it resulted in someone I knew dying.
Also, when I lost my grandmother, a few monthes ago, I did not feel anything, but it was when I was only starting to get into meditation, and the day she died was an extremely busy day for me (also, my grandparents living in another country, I haven't seen them or even have any communication with them for years).

Mod Edit: Please don't evade the censors

[edit on 3/3/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

That sounds....well, disturbing.

I hope you find your answers. I've got none, but I'm flagging this so you can get some attention.

As a side note, have you heard the song "Lightning Crashes?" I think its by Live, but not sure. It kinda describes exactly what you experienced.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks.
On the moment, yes, it was very disturbing.
But when thinking about it again, I rather feel "happy" : happy that, if it is real, it works, and happy for her soul that either found rest or restarted a brand new life in a brand new body.
I'll make sure to take a look at your song as soon as I can.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sorry I don't know how to embed videos here, so follow the linky:

www.youtube.com...

It's a very good song

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

the sense of fearing death is because death is an horrible thing, there is nothing good about it or of its sources, on the contrary it is only evil livings that enjoy growing as livings by killing livings and watch what would truth bring as next

that is why there is nothing to experience about death and it is always about a new life

eternity as powerful livings ruling it is a very horrifying place apparantly where all the horros shows start from
i wish i could never know all those truths i wish that truth was alive for me too and protect people like me to be abused and forced by such disgusting forces calling itself god

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

And where did you learn these "truths" ?
Of course there are evil beings out there like everywhere, but there are some good beings too.
What we have to accept is that death is natural, as much as life. Billions and billions of being have been through it and will do so in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

natural doesnt mean right, anything right is absolutely right so death is natural to you but that doesnt mean anything and surely not right

it is not because something happen always that it is justified, the proof is how you cant say any objective justification of it while it occurs as you said always everywhere, logically you should know what it is with that occurance frequent forms is all perspective of it

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

and no there is no good being upthere at all, it is an objective definitive true fact

to be good is to be source of good and to be source of good is to be an absolute living alone good realisations, your god use wrong to say what is good and how he is good living by emphasizing on evil livings he gave them life as doing their moves too

now you can defend your god by saying that you love him so it is not an evil living, but you cant at all say that god is a good being, objectively he prooved himself being not

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A similar thing happened to me when I was younger although the circumstances are slightly different. When I was about 14 my granddad had bowl cancer deemed inoperable and was basically dying before our very eyes. I had just started getting into Wicca and the spiritual side of life so I had other witches help me write a ritual I could perform to help him. I did this every night, hoping I could save my granddad. After about 4 nights of completing it the night after I just didn't do it. I just didn't feel the will to do it, I was empty, no passion. The following morning my dad rang from the home of my granddad to say he had passed away. Although initially I blamed myself and was so thrown with shock, I believe now (having a bit more age and experience on my side) what I felt was that release, that maybe my positive thinking was giving him more time on this earth but was not necessarily helping. I think the feeling I felt was not "death" exactly. But what the realisation that death was inevitable, and i think someone up there was telling me to leave it be, and let my granddad pass in peace. It took me to be empty inside, to give up on someone I love. I think that emptiness is also the feeling of death that you probably picked up on.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe your eyes did indeed pick up the apparition of this dead person thus giving you the eebie-jeebies. But since these paranormal events are not meant to be seen, your brain told your eyes not to pay attention to the old woman in the long flowing gown floating in the corner of the room, so the visual was not prossessed.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Alexandro : well, my eyes where closed. But I know I could have seen it with something else than my physical eyes

eyesdown : you actually gave me an idea. Maybe, as she was dying, she felt affraid and looked for some help. I wasn't the closest one to her, but as I was meditating, I was more easily seen. Maybe, by taking a bit of her fears, I helped her ease her soul. Well... I do hope so.

imans : as I asked, where does this information come from ?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

ya im gonna use your words against your means, what you say assert what i say being true, they see killings and murders as the only living images of death and they keep saying well no death is very natural thing how wonderful to let go when time is to it but while now it is not my time but someone else to kill for such lovely emptiness that i fancy in my imagination being right to dark my eyes on what is going on really to make it happen by living agressions and evil life wealth

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

this information is exactly the same source then yours, which is yourself conscious present as a true existing one so you can witness and explain to yourself objective reality you are forced to deal with

and dont live by illusions when those concerns others livings, you cannot ease another when the other died, it is only death that released anything of him by shuting it off

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

and using that lady death by saying that you did something right for her, proove how what i say is true, you mean to benefit from another death to sense being the living wealth
when there is no objective reference sources the existing or the living is all the positive reference comparaison to what died or weak existance

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it is the source of your existance life and you mean to deal with it as nothing but natural event

men are of existing sense being conscious certain one, but the knowledge of their fatal death is the reason of their negative impulse for each time they mean to be themselves, and they are always meaning to die even on any battle field as long as they did move for themselves knowing the end of death

women are of living sense being continuity of life, but the knowledge of their fatal death to come is the reason of lies they choose to be positive living from, and react so wild for any word that could mean truth

it doesnt matter that you dont care about truth but it does matter that you care about lies

new topics

top topics

join