It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifteen States Have Polluter-Driven Resolutions To Deny Climate Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yesterday, the South Dakota legislature passed a resolution telling public schools to teach “balance” about the “prejudiced” science of climate change by a vote of 37-33. Earlier language that ascribed “astrological” influences to global warming was stripped from the final version.

This act of conspiracy-driven ideology is hardly alone — a Wonk Room investigation has found at least fifteen state legislatures attempting to prevent limits on greenhouse gas pollution. The states of Alabama and Utah have already adopted resolutions calling for the overturn of the Environmental Protection Agency’s global warming endangerment finding, with legislators in thirteen more states in tow. Several resolutions argue that the overwhelming scientific consensus on the threat of manmade global warming is actually a conspiracy:

KENTUCKY: “WHEREAS, a recent disclosure of communications among scientists associated with the Climate Research Unit of the University of East Anglia has cast serious doubt upon the scientific data that have purportedly supported the finding that manmade carbon dioxide has been a material cause of global warming or global climate change . . . ”

MARYLAND: “WHEREAS, E–mail and other communications between climate researchers around the globe discovered as part of the recent “climate–gate” controversy indicate that there is a well–organized and ongoing effort to manipulate global temperature data and incorporate tricks to substantiate the theory of climate change . . . ”

OKLAHOMA: “WHEREAS, intense public scrutiny has revealed how unsettled the science is on climate change and the unwillingness of many of the world’s climatologists to share data or even entertain opposing viewpoints on the subject . . .”

UTAH: “WHEREAS, emails and other communications between climate researchers around the globe, referred to as ‘Climategate,’ indicate a well organized and ongoing effort to manipulate global temperature data in order to produce a global warming outcome . . . “

Read more:
thinkprogress.org...

So is this a conspiracy?

I am one of the people that believe most of the "climate change" argument is crap. I think that man made pollution may slightly contribute to it, but not much in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Head of ‘Climategate’ research unit admits sending ‘pretty awful emails’ to hide data

Scientists at the heart of the Climategate row were yesterday accused by a leading academic body of undermining science’s credibility.

The Institute of Physics said ‘worrying implications’ had been raised after it was revealed the University of East Anglia had manipulated data on global warming.

The rebuke – the strongest yet from the scientific community – came as Professor Phil Jones, the researcher at the heart of the scandal, told MPs he had written ’some pretty awful emails’ – but denied trying to suppress data.

The Climategate row, which was first revealed by the Daily Mail in November, was triggered when a hacker stole hundreds of emails sent from East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit.

www.infowars.com...

See? I mean it's one thing after another with these people.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It warms my heart to see there are still some with common sense not to drink the man-made climate change kool-aid. I'm hoping this will become a trend, especially after the Climategate fraud.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well, from the looks of that Kitty, it appears it doesn't have too warm a heart for those seeking to defraud the public. Again.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They gotta keep the wheels greased on this machine. It's a major cash cow for governments, and gives enviro-extremist hippies credibility and prestige. It's the latest fashion, the newest craze. I've noticed how very little of it is mentioned in the media over here. Hell, I didn't find out about Climategate until I read it on the net.

But hopefully, people will start shaking from the delerium and start looking at this cult rationally, and the climate change panic will go into the same trash can that Global freezing, ozone destruction, and other enviro panic fads have ended up.

new topics

top topics

join