It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Satphones bugged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I just saw Hilary Clinton at a press conference with Chile's president Michelle Bachelet. They hugged, got all gushy and Hilary pulled out a Satphone from her handbag, proudly saying she had 25 with her, that this one in particular is for you, Mrs. President, and informing the gathered press that there were more on the way.

It struck me that these phones would have to be bugged - but perhaps I am a little paranoid. I don't really know much about South America and the capabilities of the countries, however I'd like to think they would be switched on enough to check for things like that.

I can recall seeing a documentary about the SAS raid on the Iranian Embassy in London, and how the radio provided to the terrorists was "always on" and transmitting everything it could pick up. This would seem like a perfect opportunity for the CIA to get a bit of juicy intel in the short term if the Chileans were silly enough to allow it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"Never waste a crisis"

I wouldn't be surprised if these were 'special' phones too.

I don't think these kinds of presents are appropriate among world leaders. I understand gifts like wine and smoked salmon but sat phones? Seems weird.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Enlighten me as to why we would give a crap about Chile.

Chavez nearby? Chile is just another south american rat hole.

With Hillary, I wouldnt accept a glass of water if I was on fire LOL!

new topics

join