It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks photoshopped. If not, then it's a rock.

Either way, it's from The Sun, lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks photoshopped. If not, then it's a rock.

Either way, it's from The Sun, lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Why would there be a monkey on mars?

Really.

Can someone tell me this?

I see no vegetation.

I see no immediate signs of water resources.

Why would there be a damned monkey on mars?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that it's not a rock for a moment. It's certainly not an ape but at best some animal that looks like an ape. So, all your subsequent questions regarding things that an ape would need to survive are completely meaningless. Please stop and think for 5 seconds before vomiting onto a discussion forum, asking questions grounded on a faulty premise.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

i hope there are no monkeys on mars. Otherwise the astronauts that go there are in big trouble. they could evolve and get smarter.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Exactly! How do we know that all those rocks are really animals that don't move? And they look like rocks because that is their camouflage. After all, what better camouflage in a field of rocks than to look like a rock?

I still say the gorgon turned all the Martian animals into rocks. That's my theory. Nobody steal it please.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well I think is a rock ape. That's it's technical name, it doesn't need a mouth as it sits on the ground to eat (if you understand anatomy) It eats rocks. That is how i named it. They come in all shapes and sizes and grow right from the martian rocks that we have seen. they are also highly intelligent, that is why this one froze stiff and resembles a rock, Natural camouflage. they are also the ones who built the face of mars and the pyramid. they were jealous that we have pyramids and the nasca lines. so they built their own versions. They communicate in various odors and sounds. they have a highly evolved sense of family as you can see this specimen has been put in charge of all the children that are camouflaging themselves as rocks all around the adult.

just kidding i think its a nice picture of a rock with hair.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Exactly! How do we know that all those rocks are really animals that don't move? And they look like rocks because that is their camouflage. After all, what better camouflage in a field of rocks than to look like a rock?

I still say the gorgon turned all the Martian animals into rocks. That's my theory. Nobody steal it please.

wow great minds think alike.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
4 pages of posts about the gorilla, and not one mentioning the odd dark mark on the opposite side of the pic at the top of the photo? No one even sees or mentions it? Oh, for *shame*!

Seriously- what is that up at the top of the photo.....

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We need a Petrologist! It could be a a Chimera-like animal made up of an Ape and some mineraloids or something.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
its a shame that we take photos from so far away, put all that expense into getting there and cant even use a decent camera, black and white photos are so retro. what would be cool would be to see a pic of this with an infa-red camera then we could see if this rock was cold or warm blooded.. maybe it doesnt even have blood it might just have rock juice circulating through its system. either way a rock gorilla is the best explination i have heard, i mean you look at photos of formations here and you do regard them as the things they look like

2nd thoughts maybe its a rock eating a gorilla

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As much as i love the idea of life on Mars, that has to be a rock. The shadow on the underside of the object, and all the other objects appear to have the same look to them. Obviously even if this were a living creature this underside shadow would be in the same position as the objects around it and they will shift with the sun. but to me they all look TO MUCH alike...but maybe that's just me.

But, my other thought is, if NASA REALLY thought this were any sort of life they would have either kept the Rover in the same spot or brought it back for another, later picture. Obviously if they did we haven't heard about it. So, either they know more than they are saying about this (Though overall NASA does know more than they say.) Or, more likely perhaps is that its just a picture released to get the public hyped up for no reason (or maybe there is one?)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This looks like the sun trying to discredit future anomalies, maybe they know some really anomalous photos are gonna surface soon. Or maybe they are trying a real soft disclosure warm up by just getting serious people talking. Personally If they were going to start seriously I think this photos a bit more stirring

Its a little harder for the general public to be satisfied its definatly a rock, not a statue.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Thanks for posting this. But I have to say that the Sun prints/publishes any crap they hear. Honestly I can only see a rock in there, nothing else. And as long I don't see a video of that where the darn thing moves I won't buy it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I find a lot of the responses here quite amusing...the degree to which your arguments are shaped by the opinion given in the Sun article is amazing...the logic used is basically: Definitely not gorilla, therefore, it must be a rock.

Lets just totally forget about the gorilla for a moment, because that's clearly a very unlikely scenario. IMO, there's a fair probability that it is not rock, if it is in fact a rock, it's quite an odd rock. My guess would be an Alien Astronaut wearing a dark suit, and a lighter colored helmet.

It's certainly a very intriguing picture in any case.

[edit on 3/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If that is a gorilla then I'm god

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Don't be ridiculous. The pic you linked to is OBVIOUSLY a fairy! You can see the light reflecting off her wings!

This isn't the same thing at all! I read somewhere here on ATS that the Russians sent cargo for their Martian petting zoo last year
This is undoubtedly what this gorilla is doing there. It escaped.

But the poster above is right. These animals had to be genetically engineered to survive life on Mars. We knew the results would be strange, but now we have proof of what was really done to keep the animals alive! They back-engineered spacecraft bought from the US military and designed specially shielded and lined survival suits that just so happen to be convertible to igneous type material when danger is near.

Such amazing times we live in!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
4 pages of posts about the gorilla, and not one mentioning the odd dark mark on the opposite side of the pic at the top of the photo? No one even sees or mentions it? Oh, for *shame*!

Seriously- what is that up at the top of the photo.....

Looks like something they wanted to cut out of the photo. It isn't on the Sun photo, on the mars rover website. There is also a white rock almost dead center of the photo that appears to have a picture of what looks to be an airplane on it :0

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Op, you are not the first and for sure not the last to fall for these kind of stories from sources that blatantly exaggerate the truth.

How about we help him by giving some other sources of news that are good to steer away from.

Here's mine: www.whitehouse.gov...

Peace!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Several problems here.

First and probably foremost, this is the Sun,,,not exactly trustworthy IMO.

There is no NASA photo number or even designation as to which rover or date of photo.

Article mentions, "Enthusiast Nigel Cooper..." Who? Enthusiast-What scientific designation is Enthusiast? Enthusiast of what???

I follow the sites where NASA photos are analysed and have never seen this pic.

My opinion...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There are actually two "gorillas" in this picture

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

go to view, zoom, zoom in, as much as possible, and you will see not just the first "gorilla" but also another one behind it. I would do a snap shot but I am not that smart, if someone who knows more about image copying can help me out, there is definitely another "rock" that is looking the other way, also looks like a gorilla.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join