It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by The Teller
I won't visit the Sun site for the same reason I wouldn't think of buying it. Any chance of a cap?

Ding.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/575751b48e38.jpg[/atsimg]

The obvious answer is a rock. Its a case of "seeing what you want to see".

But come on, look at the tracks of the rover, there MUST be several closer shots that "prove" its a rock. Not that we should need it lol.

Its only been published for cheap hits, which is typical of the Sun.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For those late to the thread, yes other pictures of the 'gorilla' exist... and here they are (thanks ArMaP). Earlier pictures of the same rock taken in sequence by the rover.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Also here's some other images showing a comparative analysis of the rock.

www.planetary.org...
img127.imageshack.us...

IRM

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The believers get so mad at me for pointing this out....but 13 pages over a friggin' rock. Are you kidding me?!?

Guys, we have to do better than this if you ever expect anyone to take us seriously.

What's next, someone going to apply ps filters over some moon rocks and claim they are blowing the lid off this subject, LOL? Oh wait...that happens here on a darn near weekly basis...never mind.

It should not be a mystery to anyone on this forum why this subject is not taken seriously enough to create the environment that leads to the truth.

But yeah, I see a gorilla too. Just like I saw Garfield and Snoopy in a cloud formation yesterday afternoon. The only difference is, I'm not ignorant enough to honestly think, or even entertain a public discussion, as to whether what I saw yesterday was actually Garfield or Snoopy.

Thank goodness the open exchange of information over the internet has led to the serious advancement of this subject.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

so according to the measurements in your picture, its a small gorilla type animal the size of a small dog. could have easily burrowed out of a hole after the rover passed to check out the vibrations he/she heard/felt, akin to a prairie dog?

I love how everyone jumps on the "its a rock" bandwagon to keep their illusion of reality in check.

the actual rock you are comparing it to doesn't even resemble the "gorilla"

there is alot of "Trusters" on this thread doing a fine job for TPTB...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Clearly you took the time to at least look at one of those links but maybe you missed the first four. Then again maybe you did not and just chose to ignore them and continued anyway. That is unless your claiming the rocks are two different rocks and even then the problem is they are not two different rocks.
Seriously people? And you moan about not being taken seriously.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ok, in fairness, lets call it a rock 'that looks like a gorilla'....vaguely.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

I'm am so embarrassed for ATS.

To think of the numbers of people laughing their heads off --- no wonder some of my friends say to me, "Are you talking to those crazy Space People online again?!?"

I try to explain that there are many, many highly intelligent and discriminating people on this site....then something like THIS happens?

>Face/Palm

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Weedwhacker, I couldn't agree more. But be careful, your ability to use the centers of your brain that are responsible for logic, reason and common sense will only get you in trouble around here, lol.

For the majority of the things discussed here, one not only needs to have an open mind, but must also willfully embrace ignorance. The diamond in the rough doesn't stand a chance anymore....

I think this is nothing more than entertainment for some.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I believe this thread has run its course and enough members have clearly shown why this is just a rock. And lets all remember, if its posted by the Sun, might want to chalk it up to fiction

Thread moved. Please remember ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use still apply to this forum.

[edit on March 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Sun photo of Gorilla MaMa is a lifeform similar to the lifeform that

was present during the Pathfinder Sojourner mission that contained a

hairy body. ^Y^

[edit on 17-3-2010 by amari]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
...I love how everyone jumps on the "its a rock" bandwagon to keep their illusion of reality in check.

the actual rock you are comparing it to doesn't even resemble the "gorilla"...

Yes, it is the same rock. The rock in the close-ups is the same rock as the "gorilla rock". Take a closer look at the rock and the surrounding rocks. It is the same rock, but seen in different lighting and from a different angle.

...and you are right about something -- the up-close view of that "gorilla rock" does not look like a gorilla.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
oops
edit on 19-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

I don't believe that. Looks like a rock to me....

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join