It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great find! Sure it's NOT a gorilla but...it is one of the most amazing rock formations I have ever seen. Great find. Keep em coming. I love this stuff.

Let's play devils advocate now though....Now WHAT if it's not a rock...well then in that case it's still NOT a gorilla but it could be a gorilla shaped life form. It may not have hair, we can't tell from this picture and angle. We don't know what it might eat. I think that would be the biggest question and reason that its not a life form. What would it eat? Drink? Why would it have evolved into that shape? Does that body form suit it's current enviroment in any way? Answer those questions and then we're on to something!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Great find! Sure it's NOT a gorilla but...it is one of the most amazing rock formations I have ever seen. Great find. Keep em coming. I love this stuff.

Let's play devils advocate now though....Now WHAT if it's not a rock...well then in that case it's still NOT a gorilla but it could be a gorilla shaped life form. It may not have hair, we can't tell from this picture and angle. We don't know what it might eat. I think that would be the biggest question and reason that its not a life form. What would it eat? Drink? Why would it have evolved into that shape? Does that body form suit it's current enviroment in any way? Answer those questions and then we're on to something!

Or , it could just be a Rock.

Don't worry though, next week, we will discover Another rock on Mars!!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I suppose you missed This Post which shows the "gorilla rock" up close, and it looks nothing at all like a gorilla (or any living creature). It looks just like a rock.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I suppose you missed This Post which shows the "gorilla rock" up close, and it looks nothing at all like a gorilla (or any living creature). It looks just like a rock.

Hey I never said it WAS nothing more than a rock and yes I did miss that post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Doesn't change the FACT that the original posted picture DOES look like a gorilla! LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Gawsh that picture looks so fake lol

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Wow I cant believe this thread has gone on this long....but then again I can.

I love things having to do with Mars anomalies, just look at my avy, but this is not a gorilla. If you look at the picture in a close up, it's a rock. I dont even see a gorilla when I look at this and I tend to see things like this but then I do my own research and find out its just a rock. The only picture I truly believe to be of importance is the one in my avy. I will never see that as a rock.

The supposed gorilla in this pic just doesnt make sense and there are many posts throughout this thread that show why.

All too true. Which, I suppose, is precisely why we each have taken a moment to enjoy this moment of diversion.

Then again, to tweak this thread a bit; isn't amazing that this "gorilla" artifact exhibits a height and size structure uncharacteristic of its immediate common surroundings?

And what of its color? Stands alone in stark contrast to its surroundings.

Well, not "alone" if you also consider the baby gorilla playing in the sand.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Sure a lot of things look as though they are rocks. On Mars you will find birds

including ducks and I will say again Mars has a breathable atmosphere. The

planet Mercury has one of the most magnificent statues in our Solar System

and do you think NASA has shared that with the public I do not think so. ^Y^

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Hey I never said it WAS nothing more than a rock and yes I did miss that post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Doesn't change the FACT that the original posted picture DOES look like a gorilla! LOL

You're right, you never said that -- I'm sorry if my response sounded critical (that wasn't my intention)...

...all I was trying to point is that the "amazing rock formation" is not really that amazing when viewed up close. The "amazing" part of the OP's image is because of that particular viewpoint and in that particular lighting.

So, it isn't the rock formation that is amazing, but simply the lighting and point of view of the image that makes it look like a gorilla.
I suppose it's just a question of semantics.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Just because someone has used the link from the sun it means its a fake? And the sun would be the only newspaper to have that picture. Its a nasa picture so im sure most of the american papers have it too. Many people jumps onto things way too quickly and say its fake, give it a chance have a look

yep thats why im heavy with the ignore button to people who dont give things a chance, i wont even dignify those people with a response cause we all know they wont listen

Great pic OP, def looks like a gorilla lol but who knows what it could be, but obviously not fake

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

that's the problem, why are there so many lighting and shadow issues with pics from all the places in the solar system?

amazing fortune or bad luck? for whom?

"it's the angle" "sun is in the west" "scale" "illusion" yadda yadda

not saying it's a gorilla but dam, i can't see a gorilla in that rock from any angle.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The picture certainly raises many questions. I do not believe any of us are qualified to judge this decision, especially permanently. Once you write this off as a fake, no amount of contrary evidence is going to be able to convince you otherwise.

I strongly advocate using senses beyond your basic 5, especially your eyes in this one. Did you know anybody can learn how to remote view and travel the perceived distances that separate us? You have the entire universe folded neatly inside of you.

It pains me to see posts like "it's a rock, move on." Why does everyone want "scientific evidence"? Trust your own intuition and go find out for yourself. Take the power back, comrades! Meditation is the best place to find out.

I get a strong psychic impression that this creature is in fact alive and real, and probably represents a much larger species. This species would most likely have similarities between apes and moles and/or prairie dogs.

The NASA photograph has a clearer quality to it than the Sun's link.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToHoldaPigeon
I get a strong psychic impression that this creature is in fact alive and real, and probably represents a much larger species. This species would most likely have similarities between apes and moles and/or prairie dogs.

My psychic impression is that its a rock.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Mars is covered in rocks, obviously.

If a species is to survive, it needs to adapt to its surroundings.

In this case, camouflage. There's no way it would be bright purple or canary yellow because it would have been seen and killed that much more easily.

It makes much sense that it would be able to blend in to its habitat. I guess we will have to wait until we go to mars and tag em' and bag em' before anybody reaches any sort of consensus. Until then, keep working with nature, not against it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ALSO, after further examination of the picture, and other enlargements, you can see what appears to be a second entity, just to the left of the one in question. It has a similar body structure to the first one. It has a defined skull that is lightly colored as contrasted to the darker bodymass. The more I look at it, the more I'm reminded of prairie dogs, not apes.
Take a look at this guy.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Just because someone has used the link from the sun it means its a fake? And the sun would be the only newspaper to have that picture. Its a nasa picture so im sure most of the american papers have it too. Many people jumps onto things way too quickly and say its fake, give it a chance have a look and respect other peoples views.

I dont know what it is though. Just a lucky camera shot of rock formations or is it something living i dont know

The problem is, many Americans have read posts from Brits being very sarcastic about the legitimacy and intellectual wealth of The Sun. They have misinterpreted this criticism and use of British understatement and sarcasm and come to the conclusion that The Sun is a wholly fabricated magazine, in the same vein as The National Enquirer (y'know... the Batboy mag?)

Originally posted by The Teller

Cheers.

I think this looks similar to this picture from David Attenborough's new show, 'Life on Mars'.

edit typo

[edit on 3-3-2010 by The Teller]

Hiya Teller.

Can you tell me what your avatar is all about, please mate?

Thanks.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh Dear!

Originally posted by ToHoldaPigeon
I do not believe any of us are qualified to judge this decision, especially permanently. Once you write this off as a fake, no amount of contrary evidence is going to be able to convince you otherwise.

How about this evidence? Other images from the sequence clearly showing your gorilla to be nothing but a rock!

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

I strongly advocate using senses beyond your basic 5, especially your eyes in this one.

I strongly advocate honing the 5 senses you know you have first. Clearly they need some work!

Did you know anybody can learn how to remote view and travel the perceived distances that separate us?

Clearly you didn't remote view the gorilla!

It pains me to see posts like "it's a rock, move on."

Guess what!

Why does everyone want "scientific evidence"?

Why do people believe in gobbledygook?

Trust your own intuition and go find out for yourself.

Did you trust yours? Hmmm

I get a strong impression that you are wrong and your psychic powers are largely imagined. I also get a strong impression that you know nothing about biology and species... especially that of Mars.

The NASA photograph has a clearer quality to it than the Sun's link.

Yet you forgot to look at the other images in the sequence. Nice research work mate. Perhaps less magical thinking is in order. Deny ignorance. Thus far, you have only promoted it.

IRM :shk:

[edit on 10/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
friends, i stand by my claims. the only evidence we have is a photograph. namecalling gets us nowhere, it makes us look like children (also namecalling) whats wrong with being able to see the two creatures in the picture? if you only live around rocks, you will take on physical attributes resembling rocks.

i've showed this picture to friends in various places, some think it's a fake and some think there are entities in it. I can clearly see the entities and I have remote viewed mars, and there are many other biological entities there, most underground.

i will never let my intuition be challenged by anyone. strength comes from within and cannot be changed at the first sign of disrespect. somebody who claims themselves to be a disinformation agent should reconsider their deny ignorance motto.

we are on the forefront of big intuitive breakthroughs as a human race, things are only looking up. love and light. relax, you wont look like a fool if you hone your intuition. we all make mistakes, not everyone will be correct in the dissection of this photo. no biggie, move on. we will not know until we get to mars anyway.

Intuition: it's like any other trait, it runs in families and skips generations, etc. not everyone is artistically inclined or athletically gifted either. some people know they have abilities and the other people will try to put them down because they do not understand and/or fear change. once it is accepted that we have more than 5 senses, we will start to develop them. what do you have to lose? will your highly esteemed colleagues black list you? i mean, seriously.

we dont need validation from unnamed scientists with their own biases to tell us how to perceive our reality. journey inward, youll find out there is much life in our own solar system. its really quite beautiful.

infaredman, you have much anger in your heart. ask for your blockages to be released and then maybe we can have a civilized talk.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ToHoldaPigeon]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
also infaredman, there are no prairie dogs in the pictures you've posted because they are completely different pictures. Note in the original that there are tread tracks from the rover. The entities show up just to our right of the tracks. (as if they were curious to see what all the fuss was about. probably not a whole lot of visitors on a day to day basis in their life.) The pictures you post may be from the same series but naturally do not show the objects..........or rocks.

so you really do not think there is life on mars or you really do not believe that this photo is legit? i thought the only people who wanted us to be ignorant were government officials? might you be one?

btw magick is real. more real than anything physical, but thats a different thread.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ToHoldaPigeon]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
UGHHH grandma got out of her bedroom again?!
mom and dad wont like this :|

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
reply to post by Goathief

Cheers.

I think this looks similar to this picture from David Attenborough's new show, 'Life on Mars'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/965afacfe940.jpg[/atsimg]

edit typo

[edit on 3-3-2010 by The Teller]

this is so funny, and so true! I think it's David Attenborough filming up there!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join