It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

www.thesun.co.uk

COULD this be a giant silverback gorilla... on MARS?

Some space buffs reckon it is after seeing this picture sent back by a robot vehicle probing the rocky Red Planet for signs of life.

Enthusiast Nigel Cooper - who has studied thousands of photos taken by Nasa rovers and posted online - said: "It's definitely a creature of some sort."

Mr Cooper, 43, of Grimsby, Lincs, added: "I'm convinced there is life out there.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Dont know what to make of this! It could be some sort of rock anomaly but hey! You just never know.....lol. I must say that nothing in the surroundings appears remotely like it and we do know now that life can adapt to live in any type of environment. If it was some type of ape and the theory of evolution was true then does that mean there could have been ( or be ) human type creatures on Mars? Enjoy.............

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Get real, that is the SUN newspaper, its FAKE!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If it is, he's got no face, so how does he eat? Plus, even if he could eat without a mouth, there's no vegetation or signs of any other life. What would it eat to have got that big? Rocks and dust?

Seriously, it's a rock. Sometimes people have to just use a bit of logic.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I won't visit the Sun site for the same reason I wouldn't think of buying it. Any chance of a cap?

Oh before I see it I assume it'll be a rock formation, but I still like seeing them.

link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Get real, that is the SUN newspaper, its FAKE!

I don't think the photo is a forgery.

I do however think it only depicts a rock of interesting shape.

link   

Originally posted by TheComte
If it is, he's got no face.

Seriously, it's a rock.
Gorillas on Mars have no face, due to all the rocks they are made of.

Blatently a rock.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
LOl

Well I suppose all the lush green vegetation on Mars is keeping him well stocked with Gorilla's huge diet and need to make "nests" as such.

The image is a prime example of how the mind makes up patterns of recognizable things from random and chaotic images.

In the picture it is obvious that the rover has come from a position much closer to the "Gorilla" in the pic, so if it was so surely closer pics would be used to prove it.

If anyone who is a mars buff is reading I am sure you can show the link to earlier pictures in the sequence from a much closer view.

It would be obvious then to see that this is a trick of the light and erosion and mind.

One of the most interesting pics to come from Mars though.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The picture isn't fake, here is the nasa source:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Actually, this is really proof of the existence of the gorgon. You see, it used to be a silverback gorilla but it got turned to stone by the gorgon. Who can argue with the evidence?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
I won't visit the Sun site for the same reason I wouldn't think of buying it. Any chance of a cap?

Ding.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/575751b48e38.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Look like an ape in a balaclava in my opinion lol. In all seriousness, it looks like a rock (molded) by the light and shadows into the figure of a gorilla.

You can see on the right of the image, several rocks facing in the same direction, show the same amount of shadow, in the exact same direction.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
In my personal belief, I think it is a rock with a gorilla's mask. You never know what kind of prank a martian rock would do with us human beings. I'm sure it is laughing from us right now...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've got a bridge on PLuto to sell you. It is built from the bones of living Dodos.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just because someone has used the link from the sun it means its a fake? And the sun would be the only newspaper to have that picture. Its a nasa picture so im sure most of the american papers have it too. Many people jumps onto things way too quickly and say its fake, give it a chance have a look and respect other peoples views.

I dont know what it is though. Just a lucky camera shot of rock formations or is it something living i dont know

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Surely there are more pics of before and after that can verify the rockness of this rock.
Still, its better than the Mars bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think it's a NASA technician checking up on the rover's progress. Never know when a rover will need a hand!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
After looking at it though. Im 99% sure its a rock. The two lighter patches, one being the one that looks like and head and the other the left sholder, are flat or almost flat sides of the rock facing toward the camera. The dark part is the shadow is the part of the rock that isnt in much light. Notice the smaller rock next to it which is captured in the same way. Thats what i think but hey im no expert

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Why would there be a monkey on mars?

Really.

Can someone tell me this?

I see no vegetation.

I see no immediate signs of water resources.

Why would there be a damned monkey on mars?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Cheers.

I think this looks similar to this picture from David Attenborough's new show, 'Life on Mars'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/965afacfe940.jpg[/atsimg]

edit typo

[edit on 3-3-2010 by The Teller]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join