It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking at myself - from the outside.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So, I just wanted to know what It means, if it means anything....

When dreaming, it's almost as like I am standing in the furthest corner of the room, and I can see myself...everything happening in my dream. So, it's like there are two of me.
This is difficult to explain.

I can see myself moving around, doing things...and the 'other me' (the one I'm looking at) is totally unaware that 'I' am there, watching.

And it's strange, my view is like autopilot...It's like I am forced in a way to observe. I do not have the ability to close my eyes or look away. As the 'other' me moves around, so does my head, or view. It follows whatever direction the other me is moving in automatically.

This only happens if my dream takes place indoors. When I'm indoors, I'm always in the furthest corner of the room and my feet are on the ground.

But when my dream takes place out doors, it's like I am floating in the air behind 'myself'. This is weird, because I am not flying, I am floating about 3meters in the air above myself. So, I can see everything I am doing, but only from behind.

Aaargh! It's so difficult to explain....

Most of my dreams are like this, but not all... Sometimes I am in my body, experiencing the dream as me. Where I cannot see myself.

Anybody have dreams like this?

And why do I dream like this so often????

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Most of my dreams are like this, but not all... Sometimes I am in my body, experiencing the dream as me. Where I cannot see myself.

Anybody have dreams like this?

I would be inclined to think you are familiar with video games that use that sort of Point-of-View. So, familiarity.

There used to be a common opinion that normal people dreamed black and white, and unusual people dreamed in color. A study was conducted which concluded that it was people of a certain age, namely those who grew up watching black and white television, who dreamed B&W. Those who didn't watch television dreamed in color, as did younger people who grew up in the days of color television. B&W was only statistically normal, because statistically, they, the B&W watchers, were the norm.

Say now, then, we are in the age of 3D video games, therefore, different Point-of-View may become more the norm. Apart from that, the behind yourself dream may be as a non-playing actor/observer, whereas the inside yourself dreams have more personal feeling and motive involved; playing yourself so to speak; as your own avatar.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by pthena]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
But when my dream takes place out doors, it's like I am floating in the air behind 'myself'. This is weird, because I am not flying, I am floating about 3meters in the air above myself. So, I can see everything I am doing, but only from behind...

...Anybody have dreams like this?

Hey jinx. I've had similar dreams where it seems I am floating directly above/behind myself. Almost as if a cameraman was following me.

Pthena has a great explanation about the similarity to video games because that's what it sure feels like to me. Its not like these dreams had any particular importance. But, mine weren't regulars. Just occassional.
My regular dreams are everyday events. Conversations, work, stage, etc.
Things that take place in normal situations.

....then again, I've had extremelystrange dreams in my lifetime.
From predictive to outright truth. From lucid to creative and back.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think, to see yourself in your dream, is a reflection of how you act and behave in your waking life. It is you forcing you to focus your attention on your actions and behavior - either good or bad.

new topics

top topics

join