It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 80 percent of Americans think Washington is broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Article

WASHINGTON — An overwhelming majority of Americans think that their federal government is gridlocked by partisan infighting and turf battles and can't accomplish anything, according to a new McClatchy-Ipsos poll.

Four out of five Americans, 80 percent, said that Washington couldn't accomplish anything because of fighting between the political parties and branches of the government, the poll found. Only 17 percent disagreed.

Well Id say I agree with the 80%. In my opinion, I dont think we are really accomplishing anything.

What I want to know is where they are getting these polls. Nobody I know has been polled lately.

Anyways, I thought this was a good little bit to put out there for people to see.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Can we honestly blame Washington for being broken though? We the people have let it degenerate this far ... and we have no one else to blame.

I look to a future where we we have learned from our mistakes and actually take an active part in out government.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Man all the kings men couldn't put our government back togther

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Personally, I do blame the citizens for letting this happen to. I cant say it is totally their fault tho. Politicans using fancy talk and saying they are going to do something good for us and then turn us away. We are all still fallible and can be decieved.

Basically, I think its both the people and washingtons fault. I cant point a finger and say "it was exactly that one thing" so to say.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A few points here:

1) I'm surprised the percentage is so low

2) I'd wager that most of those folks (on either side) really believe that this can be fixed and have not given a second thought to third parties

3) When the talking heads say it's broken, but their solutions is to get some "real" R's or D's in there, then America is really just broken.

4) Most Americans do not know what the Constitution or Bill or Rights say

5) It's all the American people's fault.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised it's not higher! The whole ignorance is bliss comes to mind.
It is the American people's fault, my parents before me, their parents and so on. It goes back a long, long time. Maybe 1913 when the FED was created. Since that time it's been depression, recession, with some good times. And the corporate take over of politics a long time ago as well. They all sold us out. It's a government for them not the people.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Poll: 80% of Americans are scared of terrorists that have less chance of killing them than they have of drowning to death.

Poll: 80% of Americans think government can protect them from evil doers.

Poll: 80% of Americans think government has a right to use force against innocent civilians that have harmed no one.

Poll: 100% of ATS contributors named Michael Suede think 80% of Americans are brainwashed sheep.

new topics

top topics

join