It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Telling the difference between a gold bar, and a gold plated tungsten bar is quite easy using several different methods using current technology, without using deformation.

Paramagnetism:

Using the gold bar inside a coil of wire with a constant number of turns, at a constant voltage change (AC) it should be possible to tell the specific paramagnetic properties of the metal itself by the following formula:

L = a4(pi)N^2µA / l

Where:

L = inductance in Henry's

A = cross section Area

µ = Magnetic permeability

a = constant

l = length of coil

That way, two different metals of the same dimensions would register with different magnetic properties.

A simple resonance circuit could be set up with the "Gold" being the inductor for the circuit, and a capacitor with a known capacitance.

Therefore, the circuit would only work on GOLD of those dimensions as long as it is SOLID gold, and not if it is tungsten.

Another method would be radio frequency transparency / reflectivity... and could be accomplished using a simple radio circuit.

Another test one could use would be testing the circuit resistance of the gold bar using a mega ohm meter (high voltage ohm meter), since the electrical properties of the gold in a tungsten core bar could only appear to be different if the core current surpasses the surface conductivity.

Another test would be an ultrasonic probe, that detects the acoustic properties of the bar (as tungsten rings at double the frequency of gold)

These gold bars should each be submitted to a battery of electromagnetic, sonic, and radiotelemetry analysis before they are even accepted AS gold.

Im sure the testing "Kits" that I described would cost less than $1'000 dollars for all three methods.

But a simple inductance test you could manufacture for less than $10 using a coil of wire and a power source.

-Edrick

Or you could cut it in half.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by dangeresque]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thankfully most monetary systems aren't backed by gold, so the fact that these are fake gold bars will do nothing to hurt worldwide economies. Just the assets of these central banks that have these fake gold bars.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

All central banks, including the US Federal Reserve, have large volumes of gold on their balance sheets. Even if all of their gold is real, just the perception that it is fake will require all gold to be tested, which will take forever.

The fact that central banks use this as reserves has a huge impact on the value of their money. They buy gold with their currency to increase the supply of money, and sell gold to decrease the supply of money. If the gold turns out to be less valuable than it is supposed to be, or even if people think it could be fake, this makes it much harder for the banks to sell and they have much less 'ammunition' to control their money supplies.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Most currencies aren't based on the gold standard, they are a fiat system which means they are based on the speculation of GDP.

The fake gold only hurts the financial institutions themselves and not the currency they deal in.

That paper money in your pocket has nothing to do with gold at all.

But this is an important topic none the less because investors that do invest in gold and get these gold plated tungsten bars instead do have a problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

The refinery has to keep the bank names confidential if they want to stay in business. Nobody is going to do business with them otherwise.

Lots of people could have these bars, and instead of telling everyone about it just to be noble they decide to play dumb and pass it on to someone else.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I realize FIAT money is not on the gold standard, but the central banks buy and sell all sorts of assets to increase and decrease the size of their money supply, gold being one of them. If they cannot buy/sell gold they have much less control over the value of their money.

www.federalreserve.gov...

[edit on 3/3/2010 by sp00n1]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am a natural cynic. I think this story is trotted out in the media every time the money changers desire a spike in the price of gold.
This is just my opinion though. I have been watching the gold stocks for several years now and I seem to see a correlation between news reports and fluctuations in stocks. I think theses stories serve a useful purpose to a select few.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
the Fed somehow did this so that we cant go back to the gold standard.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also check out this article which appears to show that the Clinton administration here in the U.S. may have been the source of this problem.

My underlining for emphasis.

article

Roughly 15 years ago – during the Clinton Administration [think Robert Rubin, Sir Alan Greenspan and Lawrence Summers] – between 1.3 and 1.5 million 400 oz tungsten blanks were allegedly manufactured by a very high-end, sophisticated refiner in the USA [more than 16 Thousand metric tonnes]. Subsequently, 640,000 of these tungsten blanks received their gold plating and WERE shipped to Ft. Knox and remain there to this day. I know folks who have copies of the original shipping docs with dates and exact weights of “tungsten” bars shipped to Ft. Knox.

The balance of this 1.3 million – 1.5 million 400 oz tungsten cache was also plated and then allegedly “sold” into the international market.

Apparently, the global market is literally “stuffed full of 400 oz salted bars”.

Can this be true? Did this help the U.S. achieve a "balanced budget" during the Clinton Administration?

Finally, a real conspiracy affecting just about everyone for ATS members to chew on.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

So the source is a gold coin salesman, who's solution to the "problem" is to buy gold coins?

This is just a sales pitch.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think it may be time to sell all of my gold and start hoarding 25 year old bottles of scotch. Much more valuable in my opinion and useful on top of that. I think one of the above posters was right , I smell Federal Reserve price manipulation here.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of gold gone missing latley. Remember all that gold in the WTC ? BOOM 911 and its all gone.

Then there are friends to the North of us
Royal Canadian Mint's 'lost' gold worth a mint

And our new landlords the Chinese Chinese say they received bogus bars of gold traced to U.S.

And now the Germans.....wesa in big troubles in America mesa tinks

EDIT add video:looks like India got some too

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Makes you think a little of who is handling our gold reserves. But then again noone thinks who is handling their drugs before they get them either.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by sp00n1

Most currencies aren't based on the gold standard, they are a fiat system which means they are based on the speculation of GDP.

However, most economies rely on the people's confidence in their financial system.

Anything that shakes that confidence could create another huge sell-off in the stock markets, etc. such as we've seen twice now in the 2001- 2010 decade, and still haven't really recovered from.

I wouldn't be so quick to minimize this issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is very shocking news if its true, and im sure it could well be. I was not even surprised when I read it really.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Tungsten melts at a seriously high temp,like 6000f,but it BURNS readily.To melt tungsten a very controlled atmosphere is mandatory or you will put a bunch of these fake bars in the old furnace and out will come much less gold,the W having burned and the products of combustion will have gone up the flue.So there won't be a pool of molten gold with tungsten chunks floating in it.

Remember the wtc #7 gold wasn't all missing,just much less.It's insidious.

In my opinion,the price of gold went down a month ago for no apparent reason,there were no new major finds,just a bunch of complaining about the high costs of production in the mineweb site.That was the collective gasp of realization as to the reality of the situation.

That loss of confidence for a bit may have passed and with it the last chance to buy relatively cheaply.Because now gold will have to be gotten to pay these debts to China and India with real gold instead of the fakery,no?Gold confiscation may be next,but don't worry you'll get a receipt.Wonder what the price offered will be?$35/0z?Joke,

About the only funny thing is the atomic symbol,"W" being the sign of fake gold was also the sign of another fake.Too funny and rather inescapable.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
google tungsten bars in fort knox, theyre playing us like 2 dollar whores

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

It might seem crazy to other people about Annunaki and gold, but I have also wondered about this theoretical situation myself.
Nice to see others thinking outside the box. Curiosity is beautiful.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by First Curiosity Last]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Burbi malkahn

GOD Gold Oil Drugs I often wonder at getting narcotics from our enemies.Put that in your pipe and smoke it?I think not!!! Gold ought to be gotten a little at a time,stuff you like,like chains and rings.There is a person near me who has been selling silver coins at the same location for decades,you gotta find a one of those near you to get a fair deal.That's the only gold I trust now,old rings and stuff,a little each week if I can.We'll look back at today's prices with the same nostalgia as we look at gold prices back in the '70's.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just gotta laugh at how many people use the governments own website for info, IT'S ALL A LIE!!!

Most of the gold is held by the Vatican. "Salted" gold as it's refered to has been around for quite a while. Nothing new, just a bit more info getting leaked out.

The Fienstiens are stealing about $100 billion dollars worth right from under the noses of most Californians, out of the San Bernadino county desert, right on the edge of the China Weapons missile range. Funny, a missile range named China, HA!

www.uhuh.com...

Why people aren't pissed about that and doing something about it, I have no idea. The paper money in the USA is built and manipulated on the people. The people are the collateral for the debt, yet it is the signatures of the people that GIVE the Federal Reserve the "authority" to print money in the first place. THAT is the beauty of the scam, WE consent by assent to them printing money FOR us and then giving it away to the Elite.

REDISTRIBUTION of WEALTH. Read that again!!! You sign your name on credit card and debit card slips, mortgage "contracts", promissory notes and all kinds of other things. Remember that ALL political power is INHERENT in the people, who has the authority, YOU DO, and you give it to the FED to print money every time you sign your name. That is a fact, get over it and do something to stop it.

And then they steal from us, all the natural resources in America BELONG to Americans. That is DOMINION, do you have it? They steal the oil, natural gas, coal, wood, water and everything else and we are okay with that. THAT is consent by ASSENT, we don't say NO!

I just shake my head every time I read most comments when people talk about things they have no actual knowledge of, it is only what they were "taught" or "believe". Can't wait for them to do some research and find out the truth.

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

Read the above link and get educated, all her writings are brilliant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join