It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the anunnaki?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
well that would be only answerable if we had solid proof that the anunnaki were real. the only evidence that we have is the summarian tablets that were found in ancient Iraq. the tablets were originally translated by Zechariah sitchen. we can only go by his word that there really was a 12th planet called nubiru. there is solid proof that the anchent world told of the gods coming from the sky. though's writings are told all around the world. other than writings, there is no solid proof. astronomers have yet to find planet nubiru, and if there were such a planet we would easaly be able to see it in the sky. there is a possibility that nubiru is symbolism for the after world or it could be a "cloaked" planet which would be un seen. but for now there is no solid proof that nubiru nor the anunnaki were and are real. go and do some research on the subject and decide for your self. there are a lot of nuts out there who believe in the anunnaki just because it sounds cool. good luck in your search

I stated on one thread that one or more people can translate it now and believe they also say the same thing. Just watch Dr. Niel's series on Civilization 2 lecture on Sumeria.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

as for the 12th planet. the ancient summarians saw the sun and the moon as a planet. so if you were to add in nubiru you would have 12 planets
here is a diagram to further explain.

www.yowusa.com...

Actually, no.

The Sumerians (the Akkadians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians) saw the sun as the sun.

None of them had and knowledge of any planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye (like Uranus, Neptune and Mercury.)

You should look into what they actually wrote, rather than take the words of frauds that are only out to make a buck off your ignorance.

There is a cure for ignorance.

As an aside, the Anunakki, of course, never existed. Just as Zeus and Odin never existed. Just as the Old Spider Woman never existed. Just as Paul Bunyan never existed. Just as Atlantis never existed. Just as Lemuria never existed.

Just as Mighty Mouse never existed.

As sure as Madame Blavatski was a lying fraud.

Harte

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Harte]

ahh skeptics....

They always think they have an answer for everything in the worldor love to debunk some belief. I heard you can actually search the translated tablets on the net and I wonder if this is true?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacenaire
I read somewhere that Sitchen may have misinterpreted some of the content of the Sumerian tablets.
Some scholars have pointed out that Nibiru actually means "ferry boat."

"Misinterpreted" is not the word.

The man cannot translate cuneiform, so he didn't "interpret" anything.

What he did was lie about what they wrote.

IOW, he purposefully "misinterpreted" the content.

Niburu designates several things, chiefly a place of crossing - such as a bridge, a threshold, a river ford, or even (as you say) a ferry.

Harte

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Harte]

Proof of this or are you just one of the few who are trying to cause deformation to the man?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by Harte

BTW, my posts are the result of the research I've already done.
Good for you
, all 5 of them in 5 years.

This one in particular is of great interest. "New findings on Antikythera Mechanism" www.abovetopsecret.com...
The linking material seems to be missing, or out dated. Can you offer another link?

Just imagine, a computer coming from ancient Greece, but no pencil or paper.

One theory under examination is that the device was created in an academy founded by the ancient Stoic philosopher Poseidonios on the Greek island of Rhodes.
So, Poseidonios just awoke one day, put this thing together, and called it a day?

Parta, I believe they are looking for a good replacement for George Carlin, might you be interested?

Ummmmm even George Carlin believed in the Annunaki theory of sorts.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
according to the Quran which writtten by Etheric beings the Anunnaki are no other than Dajjal, the Ultimate evil that love to destroy life and they not create us, Allah did it

[edit on 22-3-2010 by masonicon]

LOL I think it is the reverse and the Dajjal were the good guys.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko
Hello,

I am curious to why the Anunnaki would want to live on their own planet that has this weird orbit around our sun rather than take over earth the moon and possibly Mars for a more comfortable and stable life.

We have the sun close by and we have a fairly secure and stable planet to live on, why not take it rather than doing the 3600 year journey around the solar system in complete isolation?

Any thoughts on this?

3600 year orbit gives you long life. Coming here to Earth would be an early death. It is like if you went to Mercury, you would die faster because of the yearly cycle.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

2012 seems about right, give or take a couple years. The easiest way to tell when it is going to happen will supposedly be the appearance of an object rising from the southern hemisphere (oddly, several of the newests telescopes are in the southern hemisphere). There are alot of reports saying May, but the year varies.

If the Aussies start talking about an object visible day and night that just keeps getting bigger and bigger... for high ground.

Mountain type high ground.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by [davinci]]

Also what is strange is the moon on the far side in the southern hemisphere. It looks as if it has been pelted with asteroids many, many of times. this also is evidence that this Nibiru does exist in a way. NASA always uses the pretty side of the moon in pictures and you wonder why it doesn't use the other side.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

well that would be only answerable if we had solid proof that the anunnaki were real. the only evidence that we have is the summarian tablets that were found in ancient Iraq. the tablets were originally translated by Zechariah sitchen.

The tablets you are talking about were translated before Sitchin was even born (first translated in the 1850s.)
You can find most of them right here.
Note the dates of translation.

Sitichin does not claim to be able to read cuneiform text.

Originally posted by dragnet53
ahh skeptics....

Ahhh ignorance!

It's bliss, isn't it?

Originally posted by dragnet53I heard you can actually search the translated tablets on the net and I wonder if this is true?

Yes, it is true.
Here you go.

Niburu designates several things, chiefly a place of crossing - such as a bridge, a threshold, a river ford, or even (as you say) a ferry.

Harte

Proof of this

Proof of which?

Niburu (Nibru in Sumerian) is also the name of a city built (supposedly) by Enlil. This city is today referred to as Nippur (aka Nuffar):

Nippur (URUEN.LIL 𒂗𒇸; Sumerian: Nibru; Akkadian: Nibbur), from the Sumerian for 'lord wind' (Enlil), is modern Nuffar in Afak Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate, Iraq. Nippur was one of the most ancient of all the Sumerian cities.

Source

It was the Babylonians that placed Nibru (by then it was called Niburu) in the sky beginning at some point in the 18th century BC. Then, Niburu was the word used for the point in the sky that has the appearance of being the highest point in the plane of the ecliptic - IOW, the highest point the Sun reaches, which occurs during the summer solstice.

Please note that Sumerian stories of Enlil building Nibru predate the Babylonians by almost two thousand years. These stories were written before 3000 BC.

If you think Niburu is in the sky, then you are espousing a Babylonian point of view, not a Sumerian one.

Originally posted by dragnet53or are you just one of the few who are trying to cause deformation to the man?

If you mean defame, no he does well enough at that himself, to anyone that cares to find out the truth.

If you mean deform, no, I'm not trying to do that either.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

3600 year orbit gives you long life.

3600 years? Are you talking about Nibiru being a planet which lies outside of Venus in regards to Babylonian and Sumerian texts? Can I ask where you get the 3600 years from?...

reply to post by Harte

Harte

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

well that would be only answerable if we had solid proof that the anunnaki were real. the only evidence that we have is the summarian tablets that were found in ancient Iraq. the tablets were originally translated by Zechariah sitchen.

The tablets you are talking about were translated before Sitchin was even born (first translated in the 1850s.)
You can find most of them right here.
Note the dates of translation.

Sitichin does not claim to be able to read cuneiform text.

ahh skeptics....

Ahhh ignorance!

It's bliss, isn't it?

Originally posted by dragnet53I heard you can actually search the translated tablets on the net and I wonder if this is true?

Yes, it is true.
Here you go.

Harte

Proof of this

Proof of which?

Niburu (Nibru in Sumerian) is also the name of a city built (supposedly) by Enlil. This city is today referred to as Nippur (aka Nuffar):

Nippur (URUEN.LIL 𒂗𒇸; Sumerian: Nibru; Akkadian: Nibbur), from the Sumerian for 'lord wind' (Enlil), is modern Nuffar in Afak Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate, Iraq. Nippur was one of the most ancient of all the Sumerian cities.

Source

It was the Babylonians that placed Nibru (by then it was called Niburu) in the sky beginning at some point in the 18th century BC. Then, Niburu was the word used for the point in the sky that has the appearance of being the highest point in the plane of the ecliptic - IOW, the highest point the Sun reaches, which occurs during the summer solstice.

Please note that Sumerian stories of Enlil building Nibru predate the Babylonians by almost two thousand years. These stories were written before 3000 BC.

If you think Niburu is in the sky, then you are espousing a Babylonian point of view, not a Sumerian one.

Originally posted by dragnet53or are you just one of the few who are trying to cause deformation to the man?

If you mean defame, no he does well enough at that himself, to anyone that cares to find out the truth.

Harte

I like this site much better for translations.

you say ahh the ignorance?! YOu could believe your side of the story and say it is right, but then again it is on basis of your "interpretation". That is why I say ahhhh skeptics!

You can have all the evidence and they still will deny.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

And that is the site I linked you to.

Originally posted by dragnet53you say ahh the ignorance?! YOu could believe your side of the story and say it is right, but then again it is on basis of your "interpretation". That is why I say ahhhh skeptics!

See, there is no evidence whatsoever for any other point of view.
I've examined what was left by the Mesopotamian cultures and I've come to the conclusions I've esopoused here at ATS that way.

If further evidence is presented, then I am prepared to take up your point of view.

And by "evidence," I mean evidence. Not "what ifs" or "maybes" and not fairytales made up by economists like Sitchin or journalists like Hancock.

Originally posted by dragnet53You can have all the evidence and they still will deny.

Tell me about it. This is exactly what you and others here are doing.

Harte

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And that is the site I linked you to.

Originally posted by dragnet53you say ahh the ignorance?! YOu could believe your side of the story and say it is right, but then again it is on basis of your "interpretation". That is why I say ahhhh skeptics!

See, there is no evidence whatsoever for any other point of view.
I've examined what was left by the Mesopotamian cultures and I've come to the conclusions I've esopoused here at ATS that way.

If further evidence is presented, then I am prepared to take up your point of view.

And by "evidence," I mean evidence. Not "what ifs" or "maybes" and not fairytales made up by economists like Sitchin or journalists like Hancock.

Originally posted by dragnet53You can have all the evidence and they still will deny.

Tell me about it. This is exactly what you and others here are doing.

Harte

The evidence you want would be certain doom for the Earth. if everybody could see it then say bye-bye.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The evidence you want would be certain doom for the Earth. if everybody could see it then say bye-bye.

And yet you've seen it?
I think you just want to be part of a special club.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

And yet you've seen it?
I think you just want to be part of a special club.

LOL hardly I hate cliques.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
*SIGHS DEEPLY....*

Too much disinfo.

Harte - do you never get bored of spouting the same old lies over and over..? Talk about 'the pot calling the kettle...' How can you say Sitchin lies, when your posts are nothing but base lies and simple ad hominem BS..? I've said things like this before and I'll keep saying it to prevent new members and young, influential minds from being 'peer pressured' into taking a point of view based on his postings.

Harte is the cat among the pigeons...

Don't listen to or trust him. And yes, I know that's also ad hominem, but if you read over his historical posts you'll see he does not respond to reasonable argument or evidence. I can't understand his motivation - the joy of the fight..? Either that or he's on the payroll of people who want to keep all evidence of anything unusual that's beyond what the history books say OUT OF THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. Even Sterologist isn't as bad as him. LOL if you read this Stereologist I'm only kidding - I think we worked out a level of mutual respect after the initial clash of heads.

Sitchin IS NOT the only person who has translated the Sumerian texts:

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

On that site the word Annunaki is translated as 'Anuna'. Type that into the search field and you'll see that there's plenty of clear reference to them and what they were alleged to be. It's one place to start; there's plenty of other scholars who are prepared to give the 'interventionist' theory its 'day in court' - don't let anyone force an opinion on you. Always read back through threads where there seems to be loads of negativity against the OP or other posters who are positive about the possibility of Annunaki, or whatever it is being discussed which happens to be 'outside of the norm'.

Disinfo agents (and those who behave like them) will bombard the thread in order to cover up useful information. They seem to get off on it...

There is a downside to this site (ATS) - I'm going to have to start trusting the universe to immunise people against pure disinfo, or I think my head will explode with the frustration of it all. DENY IGNORANCE...

TRADITIONAL HISTORY IS AN AGREED UPON SET OF LIES, HALF-TRUTHS, AND DISTORTED TRUTHS - IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PERSPECTIVES, AND WHO STANDS TO GAIN FROM THE LIE BEING PROPAGATED.

Have the courage to seek, and you will find. Sweet dreams...!

Noah

NB - edit for clarification of a point.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There were nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that,

This phrase is saying in the earth meaning coming from underground not from the sky

everyone is worried about an invasion from above but, noone actually realizes they were\are here below us right now waiting for us to kill ourselves off so they can start over

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Harte, I see your having a bad day, hope it gets better for ya.

Harte wants proof, like everyone else, but Harte does not want to see the proof if supplied.

I specialize in "possibilities". I try to pick the probable over the improbable, the possible over the impossible. But in saying that, the boundaries of the realm of possible are expanding every day. Some people are flexible enough to consider things outside of their quite controlled and narrow worlds, and some, are prisoners of their reality till the day they die. Harte, good luck to you.

Now in as far as proof, I have some documented photos of a ancient and primitive mining operation on the moon Miranda, the "Chevrons of Miranda". It is proof positive that an ancient society acquired at least inner solar system travel. It is also noticed that right angles or 90% angles were not important to them. What does appear important is that what ever materials they were harvesting was collected and apparently transported to its final destination.

It is improbable that the semi regular lines of excavation were produced by local winds, or meteor strikes that flew in formation, and more probable that they were produced by a very primitive mindset that is not as advanced as our modern man's brain. To me personally the fact that this mining operation was conducted on a moon so distant from the earth means that who ever did this had intended us on earth never to see it, as though they believed we would never attain the ability of space travel.

Proof of a extra terrestrial presence, the Anunnaki?
www.solarviews.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

truly those grooves are not natural and if you say they are I want the stuff you are smoking.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hill 10

They are here and they will be disclosed soon.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by Harte

I specialize in "possibilities". I try to pick the probable over the improbable, the possible over the impossible.

Now in as far as proof, I have some documented photos of a ancient and primitive mining operation on the moon Miranda, the "Chevrons of Miranda". It is proof positive that an ancient society acquired at least inner solar system travel.

Features on a small moon, especially features that typify almost the entire surface, are not only not "proof positive" of extraterrestrial activity, they are not even evidence of extraterrestrial activity.

Wiki has an article on Miranda that explains its surface features quite well.

That is, as long as we're talking about "possibilities." I mean, since no one's even been close to Miranda, there is not enough information about its surface to even judge the likelihood of one explanation over any other.

However, given that the geological processes currently suggested to explain these features have been observed elswhere (though, admittedly, not on that scale,) one would need to have also observed extraterrestrial mining residue elsewhere for such a proposition to be considered on equal footing with the geological explanation.

It is improbable that the semi regular lines of excavation were produced by local winds, or meteor strikes that flew in formation,

This may be improbable, but, as you indicate, it is not impossible. However, since this is not the current explanation, it is merely a straw man constructed by you in an attempt to buttress your extraterrestrial argument.

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian
Harte - do you never get bored of spouting the same old lies over and over..? Talk about 'the pot calling the kettle...' How can you say Sitchin lies, when your posts are nothing but base lies and simple ad hominem BS..?

Typically, when one wishes to assert that another has lied, one points out the lie that was told.

I note that here you do me no such courtesy.

Anyone wondering why this is the case can draw their own conclusions. Myself, I assert that you cannot do so, hence you leave it as merely calling me a liar.

Now, your opinion of what I say is utterly unimportant to me (and also probably to anyone else that has read the libelous post you made about me.) But, if you wish to at least for a small time collect a tiny measure of credibility (for however fleeting the moment) perhaps you would indicate which statements I have made in this thread (or any other) that you judge to be falsehoods manufactured by me for the sole sake of providing "disinformation" for my evil employers?

Don't listen to or trust him. And yes, I know that's also ad hominem, but if you read over his historical posts you'll see he does not respond to reasonable argument or evidence.

Is this suppose to represent "reasonable argument?"

I can't understand his motivation - the joy of the fight..?

I am offended by the blithe way that centuries of work are cast aside by the ignorant (such as yourself) in order that they may make some wild claim that makes them feel better about themselves because it puts them in a "special" group of individuals that are "in on" some big secret that the rest of the world is unaware of.

You can feel "special" all you want and it won't bother me in the least. It's when you (and others) dismiss the life's work of hundreds of dedicated researchers that I get a littled riled.

And that is what motivates me. Not that I haven't communicated this fact dozens of time here at ATS.

Either that or he's on the payroll of people who want to keep all evidence of anything unusual that's beyond what the history books say OUT OF THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.

I wish. The truth is actually exactly the opposite. Not regarding history, but regarding knowledge. I teach mathematics in an inner city high school. It is my job to impart knowledge, not hide it. Any objective reading of my posts here (or any other place I post) will show that imparting knowledge is not simply what I get paid to do, it is what I do in my spare time as well.

Sitchin IS NOT the only person who has translated the Sumerian texts:

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

This is beyond true, considering Sitchin has never translated a single word of cuneiform. Nor has he (as far as I can determine) ever even claimed to be able to do so.

On that site the word Annunaki is translated as 'Anuna'. Type that into the search field and you'll see that there's plenty of clear reference to them and what they were alleged to be.

Please, feel free at any time to provide a link showing any ancient script stating that the Anuna were from a planet known to the Sumerians as Nibru.
Anuna is not a translation. It is a Sumerian word.

Anuna is, as I've said many, many times here at ATS, the Sumerian word for the group of Gods referred to by the Babylonians as the Anunnaki.

Nibru is the Sumerian word for a place of crossing. It is also the name of Enlil's holy city that later came to be called Nippur and is today called Nuffar. Nippur has undergone archaeological study and excavation since the mid 1800's and is an excellent example of what I was referring to earlier concerning the thoughtless casting aside of centuries of dedicated people's work. Were it not for the EVIL MAINSTREAM archaeologists that study Nippur, Sitchin would still be trying to scrape by as an economist and you wouldn't have any stupid claims to make. Or, at least, you'd have to stop relying on Sitchin's stupid claims and make up your own.

The Sumerian term Nibru is Niburu in Babylonian (it is a borrow word).

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerianIt's one place to start; there's plenty of other scholars who are prepared to give the 'interventionist' theory its 'day in court' - don't let anyone force an opinion on you. Always read back through threads where there seems to be loads of negativity against the OP or other posters who are positive about the possibility of Annunaki, or whatever it is being discussed which happens to be 'outside of the norm'.

Disinfo agents (and those who behave like them) will bombard the thread in order to cover up useful information. They seem to get off on it...

There is a downside to this site (ATS) - I'm going to have to start trusting the universe to immunise people against pure disinfo, or I think my head will explode with the frustration of it all. DENY IGNORANCE...

TRADITIONAL HISTORY IS AN AGREED UPON SET OF LIES, HALF-TRUTHS, AND DISTORTED TRUTHS - IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PERSPECTIVES, AND WHO STANDS TO GAIN FROM THE LIE BEING PROPAGATED.

As is readily and openly demonstrated above by the Sumerian with an Arabic name, the only way to support the ridiculous claim about the Anunnaki is to assert a vast conspiracy.

Any claim that relies on a "vast conspiracy" to make it's case is simply not worth consideration.

Harte

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join