It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the anunnaki?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by Parta

The seals are interesting, but I don't see what you see. There is a serpent god on one. The other has a dwarf god surrounded by lion men. The first two don't really look like bringing supplies and tools to me. Maybe I'm just not up on ancient symbology, but I would want more that a branch to build a boat.
Still, good work finding all those and linking them for us to look at.

i don't see any boat either. that is the point. in the texts on which the seals are based, its a cowpen dug into the earth by the bird people. in the first pic, the bird person is hanging from the stick.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
according to the Quran which writtten by Etheric beings the Anunnaki are no other than Dajjal, the Ultimate evil that love to destroy life and they not create us, Allah did it

[edit on 22-3-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

Yeah ! What he said.

Like I said much earlier - believability comes down to a matter of trust.

Your science teacher in 7th grade tells you the Earth is 93,000,000 million miles from the sun. I mean, whatta ya gonna do? What are your options?

So it is with all things gained as brain imput. A decision is made to either believe or disbelieve and that by means of confidence in its the source.

In other words, learning is a decision. Thought by thought. Concept by concept. Filtering out that which we decide not to incorporate in our mental world and that which we eagerly embrace.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hello,

I am curious to why the Anunnaki would want to live on their own planet that has this weird orbit around our sun rather than take over earth the moon and possibly Mars for a more comfortable and stable life.

We have the sun close by and we have a fairly secure and stable planet to live on, why not take it rather than doing the 3600 year journey around the solar system in complete isolation?

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorKing

I think you are talking about religion, science doesn't NEED belief as it can verify what it "preaches". Ever heard of a lab? Good, that's where you can test what you were told.

Hanko, they are such "devils" that they put themselves in such a predicament just to puzzle us and leave us wondering who/what/where/when they are/were and why we think they did what they did (assuming of course they exist in the first place, which you seem to do and I don't
).

It goes without saying, if you do not believe in their existence, please forgive my assumption

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorKing
Wouldn't it make common sense for physicists to take heed to the findings of archeologists; and astronomers to geologists, etc? As from one form of science to another; just different chapters of the same book?

I would arge that the roadblock would be pride.

Excellent point.

I noticed this when I was in university in my 20's; there are several versions of the same formula, several names to the same quantity depending on what you are studying. No one wants to step up and consolidate everything because physicists don't want to use chemistry symbology and chemists refuse to use physics equations.

It makes me wonder at times, is this deliberate? I don't know if this is just a protectionist reaction (the mysteries of chemistry available only to the chemists) or if there is something more.

Obviously not everything is a conspiracy or the result of ancient scheming, on the other hand there seems to be a definite correlation: as our science advances further forward the masses themselves actually are becoming less capable. I have posted many times in other threads about my belief that a second industrial revolution was started at the beginning of the 20th century and then buried.

Keeping the sciences seperate would be an effective way to keep particular lines of research under suppression.

More in line with the OP's topic...

History of Nibiru from Sumerian texts

Tastes a bit of Sitchin

Nibiru leaks from SPT

Good post, not only covers some of the data, but also shows some of the actions taken to seemingly discredit it.

Science supporting 2012

This group can be hit and miss, this is one of their better productions.

Whether it is the physical return of our 'Gods', or a disaster attributed to GOD's wrath by the ancients remains to be seen. There are so many different takes on the same idea it's no wonder people are confused. There is a massive amount of information out there, if you look for it.

I often wonder if perhaps there isn't an element of a test to all of this: the truth IS out there, but only those who truely want to know it will persevere long enough to find it.

On a final note...interpretation/translation aside, it is very curious that the largest collection of Summerian cylinders and artifacts disappeared from a museum in Baghdad during the second Gulf War. Even more curious is that the 'robbers' where able to locate the artifacts in an obscure vault unknown to most, and that they took the time to burn all records of what went missing.

There is alot of evidence to support something happens to our planet based on a cycle. I find it very curious that there are no available records from our ancestors to guide us.

It seems a conspicuous absence, makes me wonder why missionaries were always instructed to destroy all the documented history of the 'savages' they were 'enlightening'.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

One of the ideas I came across years ago related a person's lifespan to either the planet you are from, or the planet you are on.

So the story goes, the Annunaki 'year' is 3600 of our years based on thier orbit. If they spend too much time on our planet thier bodies retune to Earth and they age faster.

...supposedly that is one of the reason's for the Face on Mars. One of the Annunaki lords either spent too much time on Earth and started to age rapidly, or was just sick, and died on Mars before being able to return home.

The Face is supposedly his tomb.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Zecharia Sitchin said that maybe in 2160.

There are re-interpretations of the Mayan calender as well that claim to point to the next century.

Maybe, maybe not. There might be nothing to it, or these recent claims are a final stall tactic to buy a little more time. If it's real, I think it will be denied right up until the 'chosen ones' are sealed in their bunkers.

Then they'll break the news to the rest of us.

Take a look through history, roughly every 3600 years there is a series of huge earthquakes and super-volcanic events. Like clockwork actually, you can see a series of events in a group, and then it's random for another 3600 years. Not only does this fall in line with what is predicted but sadly it also mirrors things we are starting to see right now.

2012 vs 2160? I don't know, most of my research is on my work computer and the firewall prevents me from posting from there so right now I am limited to what I can remember. What I do remember off the top of my head is that the Nibiru cycle is supposedly between 3600-3660 years and last series of major global events that fit the profile occured between 1750 - 1627 BCE (1 possible flood, several huge earthquakes and 2-3 immense volcanoes)

That puts us at 3637 - 3760 years since the last event.

2012 seems about right, give or take a couple years. The easiest way to tell when it is going to happen will supposedly be the appearance of an object rising from the southern hemisphere (oddly, several of the newests telescopes are in the southern hemisphere). There are alot of reports saying May, but the year varies.

If the Aussies start talking about an object visible day and night that just keeps getting bigger and bigger... for high ground.

Mountain type high ground.

Edit:

There is also the disturbing link between the Norway Spiral event and ancient Petroglyphs. I say 'disturbing' because there is usually the indication of flooding and large scale death side by side with a spiral in the Petroglyphs.

Too many things converging on one time for me to plead coincidence.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's some info. you may not have seen before. I can't vouch for it's validity, so make of it what you will.

www.paoweb.com...

www.paoweb.com...

www.paoweb.com...

www.paoweb.com...

www.paoweb.com...

www.paoweb.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Here's a source that makes for a good starting point. Don't believe all the BS disinfo being spread over ATS about the Annunaki, or about the links between the mythological constructs / cultures of the ancients all over the world.

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

Have a look through, using the search term 'Anuna', and you will find well-respected scholars - from one of the foremost academic institutions in the entire world - have put their names behind the translations. Interpreting the translations is a matter of discretion and balanced judgement.

In addition, there are several sections of ancient Vedic (Hindu) scripture that seem to indicate (almost without a doubt) that there was a more advanced race interacting with Earth's inhabitants in the ancient times. There's also references to high technology in the vedic material. I'll try to dig out a link. Oppenheimer held interesting views on the subject.

Apologies if I'm duplicating anything anyone else has said already - I haven't had chance to read right through yet. I get very annoyed by the ongoing bleating of the disinfo proponents, and the petulent, beligerent scepticism manifested by intellectuals in the hope of making themselves appear as rational, down-to-earth (fashionable) academic types. The textual evidence is there. And as for saying that textual evidence is unacceptable as evidence in itself...? Well if that were the case then we'd best not even bother trying to research ancient history. There's plenty of mainstream researchers, academic papers and 'common knowledge' that would become less than meaningless if we were to discount textual info, and - crucially - personal interpretation of the same.

Don't even get me started on the idea that the primary intention of our most senior administrators (not necessarily the same people as the presidents, prime ministers etc) is to let us in on the truth of our universal position, in relation to the wider scheme of things - because it's not. The aim is most clearly to protect the stability of the society. Whether that is abused as a means of securing power for an elite, or whether they genuinely do have the best interest of the people at heart, is not relevant. The net result is the same. They cannot possibly tell us everything that goes on / that they know / that they do in the name of security, and expect us to handle it very well. At least not without a staggered, carefully constructed drip-feed approach, preparing the 'hearts and minds' of the people for revelation.

Francis Crick made some fairly radical statements after he discovered DNA, and no-one has yet put evidence forward to disprove his theory. It relates to the idea that life on Earth was seeded by an advanced culture. There were no simple progenitor life-forms (with less complex or different basic DNA structures) prior to the development of the first organisms some 4 billion years ago. Instead, he claimed, they seem to have 'arrived' with a fully functional and pre-evolved DNA structure, which then underwent the usual evolutionary processes according to the environment they found themselves in. He also believed that a chaotic random event such as a meteor impact could not have been a viable means of causing the seeding. Following on from there, I personally believe that progenitors of Homo Sapiens were 'bumped up' the evolutionary ladder; perhaps by another seeded race that had evolved in advance of ourselves.

Again, I'll try to dig out some decent links at some point. Star and flag to OP for raising an interesting thread, wherein the users of ATS have great responsibility to DENY IGNORANCE and not simply aim for the safe & fashionable theories.

Best Wishes,

Noah

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian
The textual evidence is there. And as for saying that textual evidence is unacceptable as evidence in itself...?

Actually, the "textual evidence" supports the view that the idea that the Sumerians knew, for example, all the planets, is baseless.

If you disagree, why not provide quotes of the texts which you think indicate anything at all out of the ordinary for human beings in the year 3500 BCE?

Francis Crick made some fairly radical statements after he discovered DNA, and no-one has yet put evidence forward to disprove his theory.

Can you consider that this might be because Crick provided no evidence in support of his beliefs?

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

If you disagree, why not provide quotes of the texts which you think indicate anything at all out of the ordinary for human beings in the year 3500 BCE?

Harte

harte is right! they were doing exactly the same thing we find ourselves doing today.... telling stories that are thousands of years old and letting them rule our lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

In my opinion, it's not about letting the past rule our lives. However, it is important that humans understand their roots and use the lessons of the past to move into a (hopefully) brighter future. Whatever the outcome of any debate on this kind of scale, the raw fact of the matter - which we should all assimilate into our worldview - is this: People today remain the same inherently creative and emotive beings, with the same faculties of logic and reason, unchanged since the dawn of the species. We have the same dreams, ambitions and desires as we ever did. We are subject to the same character flaws as we ever were.

What doesn't help anyone in a debate of this nature is a) Over-sceptical debunking campaigns, or b) Fanciful speculation based on minimal indicators.

Both 'points of view', aimed at proving something which neither sceptics nor believers alike can definitively state to be true one way or the other, are essentially manifest examples of the superficial stupidity of the human race. Underneath the argument and spite, there is a depth of 'being' which is largely ignored in a materialist culture. My strong conviction is that the following points, refined from many other noble ideals, remain as important today as they ever were - these should form the backdrop against which we construct argument and from which standpoint we debate the actualities of the universe that we find ourselves to be residents of:

- The quest to understand the 'nature of soul' / the human condition;
- Raising the overall the quality of life for all, globally;
- Progression towards a technologically harmonious, more peaceful future.

If at some point along the line the debates about our origins throw up useful information, philosophical reference points, or even stark evidence of the truth of the matter, then they will have been useful. However, squabbling and mean-spiritedness is never a worthy way of going about things. And in truth, I've been guilty of both (as have many); however, I'm coming to realise the utter futility of the constant 'back and forth'. I have my opinion, and I would encourage others to develop their own - offer pointers and reasoning to suggest why you believe such, but don't try to force any viewpoint onto another. And don't be suckered by lack-lustre half truths from either camp. There are some very intelligent charlatans & disinfo agents out there.

Best Wishes,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

personally i find it good to live by just a few factoids

1] people will travel whenever they can and will go as far as they are able.

2] people like a great story and there was only 1 story itb

3] stones move around but digging holes is forever [99% of the time]

watchout for #3....

oops
1a] people get lost easily

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Parta]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by hill 10
does anybody else feel likes its time the anunnaki come back?....i came up with a theory that some or all secret societys have knowledge of humanity's beginings...seeing as the mayan long count ends in 2012 or 2013 what are the chances th anunnaki could come back?

In as far as the "Annunaki" coming back, I would theorize if the above is true, they never really left, so coming back is a mute point.

I think what is really important is what form they wish to reveal themselves in. Will it be the "Savior To Mankind" role, or that of a conquering army coming to rape and pillage their ill gotten gains. Or maybe even long lost friends who only wish to assist humanity. In any event, the very fact that they have maintained a position of anonymity and secrecy when it comes to their dealings with the human race must be taken into account.

It may in fact not be the case of them returning, but of us discovering them, and their true and hidden nature.

Yes the true nature of the Annunaki is not aliens, but tied to the spirit realm of demons. They go back to the Bible and the book of Enoch, where there is a better description of the Nephilim, which are what the Annunaki represent. The return of the Nephilim may happen as more of their imprisioned spirit brothers & father Watchers are released near the end of days. Some may even manifest physically again. They, along with the devil and the beast will fully control the whole world.

Some secret societies will knowingly help this along, other ones will help with the same goal even if they don't know that they are doing so. Most secret societies have ties with the occult, some more overtly. Others not so obvious. In either case, Satan the true leader of the occult will guide them, its never the other way around.

I get the feeling that there is a kind of a 'return of paradise' coming. Only the Beast that rises out of the sea brings a false hope of paradise for a short time. Whereas Jesus Christ will reign a thousand years and bring back true paradise forevermore.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Hey Parta - I realised after making my last post that I was using the same link that you yourself provided on another thread..! I hadn't paid attention to who had posted the comment I was responding to - I was just replying to the idea of living according to myths form the past. And for the record, in case I made the wrong impression, I certainly don't consider your good self as one of the two groups I bemoaned (charlatans and disinfo agents).

All the best,

Noah.

EDIT = confusing parentheses
2nd EDIT = wrong spelling of the plural of 'parenthetical'....!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

i hope you didn't take the digging a hole bit for anything but digging a hole in the ground.

i was simply saying that over time my ideas of our ancestors have greatly simplified. they did real things in response to real situations and the scale of what they did is not generally within our ability to believe. to be told they didn't walk all over the place is just reterded. to be told there are no sumerians or egyptians in europe is a pretty silly statement to make when the western scientific world hadn't been to half of europe before...

you've read some sumerian lit. you can read the exact same story in egyptian, greek and persian myth. its all about digging big holes... canals, enclosures, roads etc etc. pay attention to this. you seem to think there is no answer but i say when you dig a hole its forever and some holes can't be anything else but what we've been told for thousands of years that they are.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Hey again - I'm a bit confused about why you were talking about the digging of canals etc; it's not something I've even thought about before today - are you sure you've not mixed me up with someone else? I didn't hold any opinion on the subject, but you've said in the previous post that I 'seem to think' something or other about the holes in the ground...??

Please don't think I'm trying to argue for the sake of it, it's just I'm a bit confused about whether you were thinking about something that someone else said.. In my first response on page 8 of this thread I was just referring to the idea that we are possibly letting the 'myths' of the past have too much influence on the way we look at the world around us in modern times. We both seem to have got our wires crossed a bit..!

Anyway; I generally seem to agree with much of your outlook, going off what you've said in other threads, so hopefully you don't think I'm being antagonistic..!

Cheers,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

i feared that you might think that i felt that you were antagonistic but i certainly do not.

to me you are a person who knows what the texts say about the anunnaki and nibru and the abzu etc etc. but while you know they are not spacemen and planets etc you are not quite prepared to believe that they were real people and that the things that the texts say they built [like the canals etc] could actually be found...

don't be afraid to think of OUR ancestors as REALLY amazing people. they WILL NOT let you down.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

All-in-all you have a very valid point.

But as always there must be some balance. For example; if ancient or older knowledge is so useless why then are there military acadamies studying the battles of yesteryear won and lost?

For what possible good could ever become of teaching prospective architects and electrical and structural engineers now in college how buldings were built in the past. Let each new generation re-invent the wheel.

My point is certainly not against you; but the element of thought prevailing that old news and old views are useless and meaningless mythical gibberish. Both in historical significance and as scientific evidence.

Well to that I say rubbish to the thought it gibberish.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join