It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the anunnaki?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

BTW, my posts are the result of the research I've already done.
Good for you
, all 5 of them in 5 years.

This one in particular is of great interest. "New findings on Antikythera Mechanism" www.abovetopsecret.com...
The linking material seems to be missing, or out dated. Can you offer another link?

Just imagine, a computer coming from ancient Greece, but no pencil or paper.

One theory under examination is that the device was created in an academy founded by the ancient Stoic philosopher Poseidonios on the Greek island of Rhodes.
So, Poseidonios just awoke one day, put this thing together, and called it a day?

Parta, I believe they are looking for a good replacement for George Carlin, might you be interested?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

george would have loved it. you can sneak in all the fahkan words and theres lotsa meat-cake

well you might be able to sneak it in. we'll see. for george and democracy.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Eye,

I have to say that I love the way you "meander" through arguments. Unfortunately, this doesn't work very well in a forum, where written posts is the medium for communication and debate. So, when you contradict yourself or promote/demote sources to be factual and 100% correct it shows mate

To explain myself:

-The Bible is undisputed FACT, all of it?? Since when? On what grounds? Pure faith alone?
-A "theory under examination" (I believe I quoted you correctly) is fact, right? Since it can be debunked off the bat, let's promote it to fact so that our thesis may gain some ground when we debunk this "mainstream" 'fact'.
-We walked out of caves, according to evidence, in various stages depending on surroundings (in Europe we resided in caves much longer than, say, in Africa). We walked out of the savanna, again according to evidence albeit indirect*, around 80,000 years ago. I think the time interval in between that and 10,000 years ago is probably enough to take notice of some celestial bodies since little else was available in the entertainment department until religious ceremonies and later on theater were into play.
-Let's examine another possibility. There is a certain group of people that are mentioned time and time again, in various texts of the ancient world. We have depictions of them, hundreds of them actually, with a great level of detail. Can we leave a door open for the possibility them being real?

Parta,

Thanks for the clarification, now it is clear! Any info on who built it or when?

Edit: forgot to explain that asterisk

so, here it is:
* DNA studies suggest (to absolutely prove this we need DNA tests for ALL inhabitants of Earth) that there was one successful "break" out of Africa at around 80,000 years ago (coupled with favorable conditions, namely the lowering of sea levels around the same time which made the jump to the Arabian Peninsula easier). So the savanna was "history" around that time (until it was inhabited again, but not in Africa - there are savannas elsewhere). Caves is another matter. While in the Mesopotamian area there not many caves with strong indications of late human presence (late=after 10,000 BC), in Europe there are many with evidence that go after that date. So caves are not exactly "solid" as a timeline, we need to establish the continent or general area in question too.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Maegnas]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm still missing any evidence at all, it's like saying that any old book is complete truth simply because it is old and written down, these are simply myths from the culture of the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I'm still missing any evidence at all, it's like saying that any old book is complete truth simply because it is old and written down, these are simply myths from the culture of the time.

thats pretty vague. what evidence would you like to see. the canals built by enki? the abzu in the abzu as portrayed on a multitude of cylinder seals? the bolts that barred the sea. rattle off a few things.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

age and who? seems silly to say. it is exactly who you would expect at the time in that place.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

thats pretty vague. what evidence would you like to see. the canals built by enki? the abzu in the abzu as portrayed on a multitude of cylinder seals? the bolts that barred the sea. rattle off a few things.

Anything that would show these stories as something more than stories, is that something you don't require? I need a bit more than old books, sorry.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Anything that would show these stories as something more than stories, is that something you don't require? I need a bit more than old books, sorry.

so like i say, something like the abzu of enki right? thats described in great detail and there are lots of pictures. we could come up with a list of say 12+ must haves and if it has them then we have a conviction?

and i am talking about actually finding the abzu physically.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Parta]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

so like i say, something like the abzu of enki right? thats described in great details and there are lots of pictures. we could come up with a list of say 12+ must haves and if it has them then we have a conviction?

How would those go about proving that the annunaki exist? Or that they were what most people claim they are currently( Reptillian overlords)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

so like i say, something like the abzu of enki right? thats described in great details and there are lots of pictures. we could come up with a list of say 12+ must haves and if it has them then we have a conviction?

How would those go about proving that the annunaki exist? Or that they were what most people claim they are currently( Reptillian overlords)

i assure you that most people don't actually think they are reptillian overlords.

its unfair to say that it could never be done. they have a fingerprint. the list had to be built because there was something there worth testing

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

i assure you that most people don't actually think they are reptillian overlords.

its unfair to say that it could never be done. they have a fingerprint. the list had to be built because there was something there worth testing

So just who were the Annunaki, and how do you know their myth is actual fact?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Just imagine, a computer coming from ancient Greece, but no pencil or paper.

One theory under examination is that the device was created in an academy founded by the ancient Stoic philosopher Poseidonios on the Greek island of Rhodes.
So, Poseidonios just awoke one day, put this thing together, and called it a day?

Been reading and can't help but interject with a comment.

I notice you've read the wikipedia article about this, as that quote is word for word. If so, then you've obviously read the previous part of that paragraph.

although its flawless manufacturing suggests that it may have had a number of predecessors during the Hellenistic Period which have not yet been discovered.

Just because previous ones haven't been found doesn't mean that there weren't others made previously to reach that point. I've noticed quite a few posts stating that circumstantial evidence is completely valid, so why not this thought of how the machine came to be. The first clockworks didn't just spontaneously appear out of the ether either now did they?

Since you've read from Wikipedia, here's another article to consider about the Greeks.
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't think that because man at the time came up with something advanced for its time that it was divine intervention, Deus Ex Machina, or aliens imparting knowledge.

Also, papyrus was made in Egypt a long time before the device.
As well, for what reason would the Greeks have inkwells and pens if they didn't have paper, or paper-like stuff to write on? Let's not forget that the Greeks used Parchment and Vellum.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I believe the Anunnaki are very real and present.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

its not very glamourous i'm afraid. they were our ancestors. gravettians and aurignacians.

how does one know a myth has been committed? there is a scene of the myth. mythinals. habeous copulatus

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

its not very glamourous i'm afraid. they were our ancestors. gravettians and aurignacians.

how does one know a myth has been committed? there is a scene of the myth. mythinals. habeous copulatus

And how do you know this? And please don't just tell me it isn't glamorous, tell me the details.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hill 10
does anybody else feel likes its time the anunnaki come back?....i came up with a theory that some or all secret societys have knowledge of humanity's beginings...seeing as the mayan long count ends in 2012 or 2013 what are the chances th anunnaki could come back?

They're already here.

Best Wishes!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
try that again.

to be honest i applied for permission to go look the next business day after they shot the dictator. for the previous 300 years, this would have been very difficult.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

try that again.

to be honest i applied for permission to go look the next business day after they shot the dictator. for the previous 300 years, this would have been very difficult.

You're not doing a very good job in convincing me.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

try that again.

i'm not actually trying to convince you. but if i was trying to convince you of anything it would be to join the ranks of us who know we don't know because right now it seems like you don't know that you don't know.
would you know what you were looking at if i showed you? really. you see thats a part of evidence, there has to be comptency to judge it.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

try that again.

i'm not actually trying to convince you. but if i was trying to convince you of anything it would be to join the ranks of us who know we don't know because right now it seems like you don't know that you don't know.
would you know what you were looking at if i showed you? really. you see thats a part of evidence, there has to be comptency to judge it.

I was just curious why you believed in something is widely regarded as a myth, with seemingly no evidence, or atleast evidence that you've chosen to not tell me.

Why is it whenever I question someone on their conspiratorial beliefs, they respond to me with philosophical ramblings?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join