It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie - The Searle Photographs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I came across these "Nessie" photos today, and since they're new to me, I thought I'd share them with everybody here.
I did a few quick searches here to make sure they aren't already posted, but if I missed them, sorry!

HERE are the pictures online.

These are some Frank Searle photographs from Cryptozoology Online, "Lindsay Selby: The Searle Photographs."
Lindsay writes:

Frank Searle allegedly took many photos of Nessie. I realised that not many people will have seen them as his first book was taken out of circulation because of allegations of plagiarism, and unless you are old enough to have visited his tent, you would not have had chance to view them. I have a copy of the book in paperback. Nessie seven years in search of the monster by Frank Searle, 1976, pub. by Coronet books, London. Some of his photos (I counted 20 last time I visited him) are reproduced in the book and I have scanned them in for you to see.

Frank Searle Obituary HERE.
and HERE.

DEBUNKED? (link)

Maybe. (link)

Check out the short (42 sec) video below, from Cryptozoology Online, NOT photographed by Searle, and in Kilarney Lake, not Loch Ness:

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The pictures in the book are new to me too! I remember the last one was "debunked" on some show, but now seeing the other photos that support it- apparently the debunk was wrong.

What do you think is debunked about the video? Did I miss something?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Very interesting, thanks for posting these I've never seen them. The first few definitely look like they could be sticks or tree trunks floating but that last one looks a lot like a sauropod dinosaur rather than a plesiosaur.

Apparently they have been debunked but they are still pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks, the "Debunked" and "Maybe" links above try to make a case against the validity of Searles work. I don't really know if they make their case or not. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

The video is not Searle's work, and has not been debunked to my knowledge. I'm sorry I didn't make a better distinction between it and Searle, I've tried to fix that in the OP.

I wanted to show that the phenomena hasn't been debunked, even if Searle had his detractors.

Edit: Frank Searle's lost second book is available HERE, scanned as a PDF and downloadable as well.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Dogdish]

new topics

top topics

join