It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas, Terrorists or Freedom Fighters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Lets say there was a war , where Hamas had taken over a part of Israel.

Would you say , "O Well, we still have most of it, lets all get along now".

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

There is no foreign occupation in Gaza. Gaza is ruled (not sure that it is for the best of them) by Freedom Fighting Hamas guys. This is freedom to do what they want. However if democratically elected Hamas government decided they want to go on "freedom fighting" with military stronger neighbor that can (and did) take control over all border crossings/sea/airspace - result should not surprise anyone.
Freedom to stop this "freedom fighting" madness is in Hamas hands. Israel does not control Gaza.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Where exactly Israel took land owned by Hamas? There was no Hamas in 1948 or 1967. By the way - Hamas does not recognize even 1948 borders of Israel. Once again - Hamas is not there to help create Palestine. It might be a positive side effect as far as they are concerned. Hamas is there to remove Israel completely. This is why it does not recognize Israel. At all. By the way - same mindset caused 1948 war. If not that war Palestinians for first time in their history could have their own country. But it was not about them then too. It was about not allowing Israel.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If the shoe was on the other foot and foreign entities took over my country and i had no weapons to fight back......id do exactly the same, one must do what is needed to survive. Most israeli's are descendants of the kahzars and only have a religious link to jerusalem. The only way for peace is the impossible task of shared sovereignty. But who am i to say, were just debating

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmodromia tis parnasida

Most israeli's are descendants of the kahzars

Yes. Kahzars. Exactly. I am afraid that the rest of your post is just as correct. By the way, i have super secret info that Palestinians are descendants of Monlogs. Shh. Don't tell anyone.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmodromia tis parnasida
If the shoe was on the other foot and foreign entities took over my country and i had no weapons to fight back......id do exactly the same, one must do what is needed to survive. Most israeli's are descendants of the kahzars and only have a religious link to jerusalem. The only way for peace is the impossible task of shared sovereignty. But who am i to say, were just debating

K, first of all, you're lying.

Jews have a proven link to the land. The Kahzar lie is just that, a lie. Educate yourself before you go looking stupid.

There is no negotiating here. Hamas, a TERRORIST organization, will never stop killing until Jews are eradicated. They openly admit this.

As for whether they are freedom fighters or not...the fact that they kill Palestinians who dare get in their way proves they are not fighting for anyone's freedom.

It seems posters like links, and they like to say that the Israelis are so horrible! They bomb schools!

Well I wonder why that might be...

oh, and they just LOVE their fellow Palestinians!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

I am saying that the kahzar jews have only a religious link to israel. Both the palestinians and the israelis have roots there, as i said the only way for peace is for both peoples to merge and live together side by side like the brothers that they really are- shaered sovereignty for common good for the future of childrean, grandchildren of both sides. no extremism. Now i know that is not going to happen, its wishful thinking. i dont condone any death, but my main issue was if i was in the position of a palestinian i would fight any way i could. and that is exactly what the israelis do as well to survive. Violence begats Violence

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
... Israel has settlements in Gaza and controlled both government and security functions. Then Israel completely withdrew its forces and its settlers form Gaza, without any demand....

Here's the real reason why Israel pulled out of Gaza. Israel has to station 2 soldiers to protect each settler in the Gaza strip. It's just too expensive for the Israeli govt to continued this kind of support. It's like having 2 bodyguards accompanied you 24 hrs a day.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They are just people... Just like the Israelis.... Misguided and ill lead... Again just like the Israelis....

Sometimes I think that if we both got rid of our leaders and those who shout the loudest then there may actually be peace between us... But until that happens I will protect my family... I have no choice...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Given the recent revelations that Mossad owned the Hamas founders son I'd say Hamas is neither freedom fighters or terrorists. But rather controlled opposition.

Mossad didn't actually "own" Mosab Hassan Yousef, if anyone did it was Shin Bet. He openly states in his biography and in an interview with BBC that he didn't serve their agenda but had his own. He was playing both sides of the fence, how's that for controlled opposition? He was preventing suicide bombings of Israelis and stopping assassinations of Palestinians.

He feels that its his father's god that is the problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

i find it funny whenever someone pulls the human shield argument, heres one showing israelis doing the same thing they say hamas is doing

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
From the video:

"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"

So true!!!!

Whether they are terrorists or freedom fighters depends on whether they are protecting you or fighting you. It's all a matter of perspective.

They are a legitimately elected government with a military wing. Yet the whole faction is designated as 'terrorists'. We only get shown the bad with the same brainwashing words repeated over and over.

Yes they have bombed civilians. Yes they have fired rockets into civilian areas. Our own governments and armies are responsible for doing the same. So who is the terrorist? To call them this is to simply brand ourselves. I wish that word would just go away.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

"Freedom fighter" describes an ideology. "Terrorist" describes a methodology. One can be both, one can be either, and one can be neither.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I take Hamas as resistance fighters and not as as terrorist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join