It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can We Do to End the WAR?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
I have to agree with Phlynx...

If the braindead American soldiers didn't blindly follow orders to invade and occupy sovereign Countries there would be no wars...

But you have to understand, most military personnel have the IQ of cricket vomit.......

Is this not the trolling that the owners of this site have just lamented and came out firing against? Are they going to hold true to their stance or is this one of those look the other way moments that ATS allows?

What a completely ignorant and unfounded claim. DO you need a break out of the demographics of who joins the military and their IQs? If so, let me know.

Soldiers do not blindly follow orders. Soldiers are charged to actually question orders that are unlawful and beyond the scopes of their superiors.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by rainfall

Edited a little more on my post once I realized I didn't explain my logic lol.

I STILL DON'T GET IT......

Oh well I guess we should just go 'round slaughtering anyone and everyone who gets in our way.......and continue to send our mighty army (who can't think for themselves) to do the dirty work.......because god knows they will do it without question...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
The WAR in Iraq and Afghanistan is destroying our country. It is destroying our economy and our moral base. The war in Vietnam was also supposed to be endless but when enough people got out and protested they wrapped it up.

Where are the folks who voted in Obama specifically because they thought he would end wars (I know of several). In particular, where are the college students who fall into this category?
Listening......
(sound of crickets)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
END IT... That simple.

No excuses no anything, just bail out of there and watch what the CURRENTLY untamable animals do.

We are dealing with literal cavemen who've been just thrown lighters and microwave pizza. Wait till they get 8 bit computers!

I get it now....

You are completely covered by the veil...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I agree with you on Iraq. The only answer is to just leave it. Anything we do from now on will only make things worse.
With Afghanistan I believe that is the answer as well. To just leave it. It would be nice to destroy the poppy crops and to arrest everyone who has brought drugs into our country, including the CIA, but it isn't going to be easy considering how secretive the CIA has been and how they like to destroy their evidence.
Actually I believe that if we make a big todo about ending the WAR and blame our political heads and the CIA, that the people of these countries, and even the rest of the world might realize that this war was not the fault of the American people and might not punish us (if or when we lose military power) like we and the Russians did the people of Germany after WWII

[edit on 2-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by rainfall
I have to agree with Phlynx...

If the braindead American soldiers didn't blindly follow orders to invade and occupy sovereign Countries there would be no wars...

But you have to understand, most military personnel have the IQ of cricket vomit.......

Is this not the trolling that the owners of this site have just lamented and came out firing against? Are they going to hold true to their stance or is this one of those look the other way moments that ATS allows?

Soldiers do not blindly follow orders. Soldiers are charged to actually question orders that are unlawful and beyond the scopes of their superiors.

LMFAO....
.........you call it trolling when someone speaks their mind...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by rainfall]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
While I realize the OP was pointing to ME issues, I would suggest that widening these views to "war" in general is a necessary approach to this topic. Then, one of the underlying, relevant, and realistic truths can be explored.

There will not be an end to war.

Did everyone forget their Economics courses?

Supply and Demand. Limited resources for unlimited need or want.

They who control the resources, control everything.

It's really very simple. Deceivingly so, apparently.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Come on Rainfall, I'm waiting.

You have six posts of nothing. You have contributed nothing to the topic on hand.

What are your recommendations for ending this war?

Leave out the ridicule and slander. Give me some productivity.

Like I said, I agree about ending the war.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Supply and Demand. Limited resources for unlimited need or want.

They who control the resources, control everything.

Yes, and everything in life plays an economic role. The US isn't spending all that money for nothing. Somewhere down the line, we will get a return on our investment.

Excellent post.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Does anyone not think that Russia/China/US/UK and anyone who are able to (or are able to partner with) are not going to go to "war" be it technology based, economic based, military based, or various other combinations in order to gain control of the resources that each feels they need or want?

To believe otherwise is incredibly naive.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Your opening salvo has provided nothing to the question that the OP posed, was slanderous, unfounded and highly untrue in the context of the post and in any other context.

Your second reply was just as such by another blanket statement that again provided to the question, what can one do to end the war.

Since I know this is a pointless battle good luck

---

As to the OP

Someone beat me to it. Since economic systems rely upon capital, resources and manpower. When there becomes an imbalance in any of those three factors, it is inevitable and saddening that war ensues.

For the current war, what a political mess and it is sad it is just that, a political mess.

A volunteer force should not be wielded in the manner that it has been and with such blatant regard.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

IMO, many people fail to see that there are other types of war going on besides the two physical wars.

They don't take into account that the other wars also destroy and kill people. Countries are jockeying for positioning day in and day out to see who is going to get the upper hand. Yes, these wars are undeclared, but war nonetheless.

Survival of the fittest will always be part of the game.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's not what CAN we do it's what WILL we do. Now it's just a matter of pride and ignorance that is still supporting this war. I am NOT saying that I am AGAINST the war. NOR am I for the war.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

(IMO) Physical wars are focused on because the effects are immediate and can be seen and felt. What's forgotten because of the horrifics of the physical, is what's behind the curtain. What's driving that. There is so much attention on this aspect that what's behind the curtain is allowed to plan and implement in the mist. Private sector. Do not discount it. Do not forget it. There is true power there.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is really no way to end the war because while America has been on a Credit Card and Second Mortgage Financed shopping spree the last two decades they failed to notice that all of our industry was slowly being shifted off shore, the living wage was going down, disaffected youth whom there were scant employment opportunities for were being warehoused in prison through the war on drugs and the mainstream media started broadcasting ‘official stories’ 24/7 and coining words like political correctness and conventional wisdom.

Our only real industry left is defense and aerospace related technology and the military/security complex and unlike the late sixties and early seventies the parents of the disaffected youth can’t afford to finance their trips away from their X-boxes they are practically surgically attached to anywhere out of the house except to get caught in the war on drugs let alone to Washington to create a massive protest that shakes the foundations of government with concern.

At the height of the Vietnam War Protests when Richard Nixon looked out the White House Window and saw a million young adults and teenagers gathered on the mall protesting the war he looked at the secret service agent with him and literally said “My G-d there are a million of them, how will we stop them if they decide to come over the fence?” the secret service agent of course replied “We, won’t be able to Mr. President”.

And so soon after it began, first it was steel, then the cars that were made out of steel, methodically slowly wages were frozen, inflation hidden in cheap imported goods as unions were slowly broken up, and the middle class distracted and the blue collar worker who earned a comfortable living was no more. Women were sent to work, in large part because of economic necessity because of the freezing of wages. The family unit disintegrated, people were encouraged to become self absorbed and to enslave themselves to easy credit and superficial pursuits while the basis of their nation financially and morally was quietly transferred away.

Now bombarded 24/7 with Network News to control their every thought and divide them on the pettiest and most meaningless of issues, heavily in debt, largely underemployed and unemployed Americans struggle to survive while America itself has turned into one vast military mercenary army financed on money the taxpayers are forced to borrow from foreign nations that our military secures resources for.

All we make anymore are bombs and bullets, bombers and guns! All we export anymore are heavily armed and indoctrinated and trained American Soldiers, Aviators, Sailors and Marines into the warzones where we take and secure those resources for the nations who loan the treasury the money to pay for it all.

Stop the war? It is the only thing we are still good at, the only thing left as a nation we really create and do, weapons and war!

Think about it people.

We have been had.

[edit on 2/3/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Private sector indeed.

The cost of the wars since 2001 is about 1 trillion. At the time the war started the deficit was around 6 trillion. That's 7 trillion.

The national debt today is 12.5 trillion.

That 5.5 trillion added since 2001.

www.treasurydirect.gov...

www.costofwar.com...

The wars aren't the only reason we are going down.

Lady, you are on fire tonight.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Just got to give you a star my fellow gangster.

All we make anymore are bombs and bullets, bombers and guns! All we export anymore are heavily armed and indoctrinated and trained American Soldiers, Aviators, Sailors and Marines into the warzones where we take and secure those resources for the nations who loan the treasury the money to pay for it all.

Don't forget, we are good at giving service.

We are a service industry.

:shk: of course, many of those jobs are being outsourced as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Do any of you think it possible that the private sector may be able to successfully bring about (world) Peace and if so, is this what we would want to see?

Am I stepping too close the the one-world order, here?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Do any of you think it possible that the private sector may be able to successfully bring about (world) Peace and if so, is this what we would want to see?

Am I stepping too close the the one-world order, here?

Here is the problem Lady Skadi in my humble opinion who really controls the world now are the bankers.

War is a financed enterprise and while they are most often fought for resources they are financed by bankers.

Those who study history will be able to see that when the banks want to shut off a war they only need to shut off the financing that pays for the materials, supplies and equipment to the nation that they want to loose. No matter how brave your soldiers, how disciplined your units, no matter how superior their tactics and plans they don’t go far with out rations and ammunitions and gas.

While the Military and Security Industrial Complexes do make huge money off of war, related telecommunications, software, apparel, transportation and consulting and security firms etc, etc, and the mineral and oil conglomerates secure resources for profits of their own, and to profit also selling them to the military and security industrial complex all that represents an investment. People paying x for something and reselling it for more, but the bankers who finance it all, they really are just reaping pure profit, loaning in essence nothing but blips on a computer screen that create a credit for an account.

About 18% of our annual budget goes to just the interest on money loaned to the United States for Defense Department Operations in the past.

The foundational economy of the planet is drilling and mining for resources, all of which are horded and then leveraged to create the fundamental economy of the planet which is banking.

As long as banking exists, fractional reserve banking exists, we will have war, and those wars will be used to secure the resources that in essence secure the loans themselves. Bankers want paid back, get into a loan shark and if you can’t pay they might force you to go rob a bank, get into the international bankers as a nation for a loan and you can’t pay they are going to force you to go rob a country.

Only the public not the private or political sector could change this, and the public is not going to change this because the public by and large follows, they listen, they accept, and to a large extent they obey.

It’s a circular self contained system of securing resources, leveraging them, enslaving people and nations to debt.

Monopoly is a game some people play with a Parker Brothers Board, but its also a game a rarified few play with the Earth.

Welcome to Earth, it is an interplanetary mining operation. Please obey all signs and rules. Note the exist signs, there are none. Thank you - Management

[edit on 2/3/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

IMO, everything is headed to a one world.

When the Israel-Palestinian issue gets settled, you can just about bet one world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join