It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can We Do to End the WAR?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The WAR in Iraq and Afghanistan is destroying our country. It is destroying our economy and our moral base. The war in Vietnam was also supposed to be endless but when enough people got out and protested they wrapped it up. What would it take to get this one ended? The Tea Partiers are primarily concerned with taxes and spending. Ron Paul is against the War, but many politicians are not. Mary Falin for instance when discussing the war at a town hall meeting, insisted that it be ended but not without honor. What's that supposed to mean? It is a dishonorable war. We have no business there. Many people who believe that 911 was not an inside job are insisting that our government defend us from arab "terrorists". Support our troops really means support the WAR. This is not a winable war. It was designed to be a not winable war.
The government seems to be using the war as a tool to destroy our entire country starting with destroying the economy. Then in the name of the war on terror, we are expected to sit back and watch our country being made over as a fascist feudalism totalitarian in the style of Nazi Germany. Some people are deluded enough to believe that the war is needed to keep our economy running and not that it is being used to snuff it out. American's want to know what they can do to help their country. We all know that things aren't going so well. We want our country back. Getting our country back without demanding the END of the WAR is too easy to get around, too easy to fake.
We need clear thinkers to tackle the problem of how to end the war. My thinking is not so clear. It just throws everything out there
But basically we need several things

1. We need a consensus among the American people that the WAR needs to be ended.
2. We need protests and marches to let the government know that there is a majority opinion that the war needs to be ended.
3. We need some kind of bargaining tool to let leadership know that they have to BOW to the will of the PEOPLE and end the war. The elections don't accomplish this if the voting machines are rigged (which they are going to be as long as they use microsoft.)
4. We need some way to get the word around. The news media is a propaganda tool of the war-mongering government and is useless. The internet is not organized enough.Twitter was employed during NLE'09 to track the movements of UN troops. Someone should launch an "END THE WAR" movement on Twitter and Facebook and Myspace. etc.

Obama got elected on an end-the-war ticket but obviously he lied. We should confront candidates for whatever office as to their commitment to END THE WAR and oppose any who don't take a firm stand. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about out and out liars.

We need to confront our Senators and Congressmen and tell them that any new spending and any drastic measures to stimulate or restrict the economy should not be done until AFTER ending the WAR. The WAR is the bigest thing out there and ending Social Security or cutting back on Aid to Dependant Children if it happens should happen right AFTER ending the WAR.

Someone should start a thread on ending the WAR every week until it happens.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
The WAR in Iraq and Afghanistan is destroying our country. It is destroying our economy and our moral base. The war in Vietnam was also supposed to be endless but when enough people got out and protested they wrapped it up. What would it take to get this one ended? The Tea Partiers are primarily concerned with taxes and spending. Ron Paul is against the War, but many politicians are not. Mary Falin for instance when discussing the war at a town hall meeting, insisted that it be ended but not without honor. What's that supposed to mean? It is a dishonorable war. We have no business there. Many people who believe that 911 was not an inside job are insisting that our government defend us from arab "terrorists". Support our troops really means support the WAR. This is not a winable war. It was designed to be a not winable war.
The government seems to be using the war as a tool to destroy our entire country starting with destroying the economy. Then in the name of the war on terror, we are expected to sit back and watch our country being made over as a fascist feudalism totalitarian in the style of Nazi Germany. Some people are deluded enough to believe that the war is needed to keep our economy running and not that it is being used to snuff it out. American's want to know what they can do to help their country. We all know that things aren't going so well. We want our country back. Getting our country back without demanding the END of the WAR is too easy to get around, too easy to fake.
We need clear thinkers to tackle the problem of how to end the war. My thinking is not so clear. It just throws everything out there
But basically we need several things

1. We need a consensus among the American people that the WAR needs to be ended.
2. We need protests and marches to let the government know that there is a majority opinion that the war needs to be ended.
3. We need some kind of bargaining tool to let leadership know that they have to BOW to the will of the PEOPLE and end the war. The elections don't accomplish this if the voting machines are rigged (which they are going to be as long as they use microsoft.)
4. We need some way to get the word around. The news media is a propaganda tool of the war-mongering government and is useless. The internet is not organized enough.Twitter was employed during NLE'09 to track the movements of UN troops. Someone should launch an "END THE WAR" movement on Twitter and Facebook and Myspace. etc.

Obama got elected on an end-the-war ticket but obviously he lied. We should confront candidates for whatever office as to their commitment to END THE WAR and oppose any who don't take a firm stand. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about out and out liars.

We need to confront our Senators and Congressmen and tell them that any new spending and any drastic measures to stimulate or restrict the economy should not be done until AFTER ending the WAR. The WAR is the bigest thing out there and ending Social Security or cutting back on Aid to Dependant Children if it happens should happen right AFTER ending the WAR.

Someone should start a thread on ending the WAR every week until it happens.

If there are no soldiers to fight a war, there is no war. If one side doesn't fight, who is the other side going to fight?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Good point.

You can say NO to WAR

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm afraid its an issue thats entirely out of our hands, if you think about rationally we all get given a life time on Earth by a Higher power as such, why must we live it under the order of crazed leaders hell bent on causing mischief and mayhem whilst hiding out in their lavish homes feeding on deep sea delicicies? We need councils and a strong government to keep us under control but George Bush for 8 years...really?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is from another thread

Originally posted by enca78
The problem is the fact that people are making mega bucks from this war and theres not enough people who know about it. The governments are the least of the worries its the people and organisations who run the governments who are gaining in this. They are willing to sacrifice many lives for their own gains. One example The us were apparently paying the taliban to protect their supply convoys, so wheres the logic? sending their soldiers into war whilst paying the enemy for protection. I believe that this war in itself is one of the greatest conspiracies of all time bar 1 and the truth will come out

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
I'm afraid its an issue thats entirely out of our hands, if you think about rationally we all get given a life time on Earth by a Higher power as such, why must we live it under the order of crazed leaders hell bent on causing mischief and mayhem whilst hiding out in their lavish homes feeding on deep sea delicicies? We need councils and a strong government to keep us under control but George Bush for 8 years...really?

I don't agree. We are the people of the United States of America, over 308,785,000. I don't think many of us want to see our country destroyed and our people suffering, I don't think many of us want to see a New World Order taking over our independent nation. It is NOT out of our hands yet. Or I should say our cold dead hands.(not that I am advocating violence, just for the record, you can get just as dead without fighting back, but as long as I am alive I should stand up for what I believe in) and God never told us to roll over and play dead.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What can we do to end the war?

Destroy the enemy.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Iraq turned out to be pretty good....still got some work to do in Afghanistan though.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
What can we do to end the war?

Destroy the enemy.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Iraq turned out to be pretty good....still got some work to do in Afghanistan though.

You are missing the whole point. Iraq and Afghanistan are not the enemy. The enemy that our government claims we are fighting is a phantom. It will never be defeated as long as they have something to gain from keeping it alive. I appreciate your faith in your government. And meantime we are killing a lot of "collateral damage" At least Hitler called the Jews vermin which has status as an animal. Our victims are "collateral damage" they are not human beings or even inanimate objects, like rocks or sticks. Our victims are a phantom idea as phantom as our "terrible" "enemy" But the children of the people of Afghanistan are still just as dead from it. We have killed a million people in Iraq. If that isn't genocide, what is?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by Phlynx

If there are no soldiers to fight a war, there is no war. If one side doesn't fight, who is the other side going to fight?

I have to agree with Phlynx...

If the braindead American soldiers didn't blindly follow orders to invade and occupy sovereign Countries there would be no wars...

But you have to understand, most military personnel have the IQ of cricket vomit.......

I think perhaps you have it all wrong. 98% of U.S. soldiers are highly educated, highly disciplined, and highly trained. You are with out of a doubt your one of the most hateful, deceitful, lying person on the planet.
You find the most outrages stories and twist them so, up and make them say whatever you want them to say. You twist lies with half truths and claiming to be both hold true.

Rainfall grow up.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Stop joining the military.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I think perhaps you have it all wrong. 98% of U.S. soldiers are highly educated, highly disciplined, and highly trained.

Hi friend....

But you forgot one thing.....THEY HAVE NO COMMON SENSE.....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

I have to agree with Phlynx...

If the braindead American soldiers didn't blindly follow orders to invade and occupy sovereign Countries there would be no wars...

But you have to understand, most military personnel have the IQ of cricket vomit.......
That is a very good point. I don't agree that our military personnel have the IQ of cricket vomit, there are intelligent people everywhere. But we have an enormous military and they are very organized and they are very disciplined to follow orders and not to think. They think instead about surviving and getting through it until it is over and they can come home and then feel bad about the things they had to do. There must be a good answer to this. Why is our military for all intents and purposes brain dead. People say our military does not kill innocents. That is not who we are.But is it true? How can we, as a people, find out? Our military is under the control of people who don't care about the country and don't care about right and wrong. In the military there are a lot of decent caring people, but they don't seem to have any input into policy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Pepper the land with weeds. I'm talking hardcore dandelions.

LOL!

Afg:

Really though, destroy the INCENTIVE for invasion, kill the drug lords, destroy all poppy crops and show these people how not to be the stone age enabling village idiots that history shows they are. Leave the place, let them kill each other and deal with whoever wins an epic civil war. Hopefully it's the right side.

On another note, when a terrorist organization becomes political and gains control, they suddenly "sell out" and become rather docile. If they'll want to do business as a real country they'll have to meet some standards. Starvation and uprising will teach them well.

Iraq:
Get the hell out and let them become what they are going to become. Let the region worry about it since our borders will be sealed.

I know I must sound/read like a dolt but these are the only ways to truly end the war. End it, that simple. We'll see y'all in the future when you evolve like "real nations" seem to. Heck, we're still evolving... Some say there's lots more starvation and civil unrest to come. But each time it gets a little easier as our thinking changes.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Atlantican]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Pepper the land with weeds. I'm talking hardcore dandelions.

LOL!

Afg:

Really though, destroy the INCENTIVE for invasion, kill the drug lords, destroy all poppy crops and show these people how not to be the stone age enabling village idiots that history shows they are. Leave the place, let them kill each other and deal with whoever wins an epic civil war. Hopefully it's the right side.

On another note, when a terrorist organization becomes political and gains control, they suddenly "sell out" and become rather docile. If they'll want to do business as a real country they'll have to meet some standards. Starvation and uprising will teach them well.

Iraq:
Get the hell out and let them become what they are going to become. Let the region worry about it since our borders will be sealed.

I'm not sure I understood your post..
..?...?...

Are you ex military..??...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I think perhaps you have it all wrong. 98% of U.S. soldiers are highly educated, highly disciplined, and highly trained. You are with out of a doubt your one of the most hateful, deceitful, lying person on the planet.
You find the most outrages stories and twist them so, up and make them say whatever you want them to say. You twist lies with half truths and claiming to be both hold true.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

Hold on a minute. We want the truth and we want the end of the WAR. Defending the war is an emotional thing. A lot of people have friends and family in the military and an attack on the war is perceived as an attack on them. We want our soldiers home. Calling them names, or calling people who oppose the war, names deflects from what we really need and that is an end to the war.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Edited a little more on my post once I realized I didn't explain my logic lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

But you forgot one thing.....THEY HAVE NO COMMON SENSE.....

Come on my friend. At least use the internet to find something new to say.

The theory of If there are no soldiers to fight a war, there is no war. If one side doesn't fight, who is the other side going to fight? is hogwash.

Our world is a violent one and always have been.

I agree with you about ending the war, but see no reason why you should slander our military.

Why don't we list how the non military have destroyed our country?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
END IT... That simple.

No excuses no anything, just bail out of there and watch what the CURRENTLY untamable animals do. This is NOT a racial slur as I am also talking about on our home fronts. We have problems but they tend to get flushed out with the old ideals.

Change the way we think, expect and do better and wait for a future peaceful nation to evolve. It will take several generations, maybe several centuries.

We are dealing with literal cavemen who've been just thrown lighters and microwave pizza. Wait till they get 8 bit computers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join