It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a unidentified object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First i am sorry that some words are just bad english. On sunday 2.58 AM it was a clear crispy sky here in Bergen, Norway. I like to take my cigarette while looking at the stars and trying to map the whole thing. Ive seen strange light patterns before and when i talked about it to others i got the usual treatment of disbelief.

But this night the light that caught my attention at first glance made me think it was a falling meteorite until i looked at it.

It hovered in a slow curve. It had six or five strong yellow-white lights, but the object itself was just totally dark and the only reason i saw its form was the ligher sky behind. It had a strange vibrating effect around it, like the wave disturbance in the summer when the asfalt gets heated and distorts the background.

First i got so fascinated and relieved for finally watching one more close up. But then i felt very scared and shocked. Another strange thing was that i actually started denying what i saw.

The movement was so precise and consistent, and just like it popped up visually it also dissapeared. The whole thing feels like its somehing ive just been dreaming about. But i wrote down every detail right after just in case i would forget.

The night after i tried to se something, but the sky is not clear today because of heavy snow.

I also compared a regular sized commercial airplane that went over the sky in the same area that i saw it compared to a tall building that was just right under the object. It was four times larger, and i think it also was a lot higher up in the sky than the airplane i saw.

I actually wish i didn't see it since it only creates more questions.
So my question now is . What now? Will i just let it be, or i'm i "on the radar now"?

The whole thing just doesn't make any sense. But it has scared me to the bone because it was just fun weid stuff before. Now its real. And i now see why there is so few pictures of the things up there.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Well it sounds like you had a pretty interesting experience. Do you know of anyone else who saw this? Do you have any evidence? Photos? Video?

Unfortunately without some pictures or further evidence your story will probably fall on deaf ears...or jaded ones I guess.

I believe you saw something...it's pretty much pointless to comment any further on what it was without something else to go on. Keep your camera with you!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Congratulations to you, and I would not be too concerned about the self doubting as I also did the same thing when I saw my first UFO and I even glanced away and let loose a few choice expletives too. That sort of behaviour must be like a reflex gag of a sort.

It is an amazing sight when it happens and yes I also find it no small surprise to find that there are few clear photographs or film around as when these things come into view it is as if the most important thing is to stay rooted to the spot and watch.

Just make sure you stay psychologically grounded and do not do what I did and tell every single person that is thought of as a friend. In my case I was listened to at first and then I was crucified and hung out to dry. I even ended up separated from my wife for a year due to losing my sense of perspective and also because In effect I pretty much went a little “gaga.”

Keep watching the skies brother (or sister) – we are living in amazing times

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

G'day lost artistic

Thank you for your interesting, well expressed report.

1 question to start with, if I may.....

You did not mention shape.....could it have been a triangle?

OK.....you ask what you should do in response to your sighting.

I would do 3 things if I was you.....

Number 1:

I would consider myself very fortunate to have experienced such an interesting sighting.....

Number 2:

I would try to think of all the "normal things" it could possibly have been & then try to methodically exclude those things.

For example:

Could it have been a blimp?

(I note I have just searched for Bergen "blimps" & read up on Bergen air services....no blimp service is mentioned)

Could it have been a weather balloon with lights attached "appearing" & disappearing" as it moved in & out of clouds that are not easily distinguished in the darkness?

(I note I have not yet searched for Bergen weather services & observations)

Could it have been a helicopter that was "appearing" & disappearing" as it moved in & out of clouds, or perhaps "in & out" of obscuring terrain that was not easily distinguished in the darkness?

(I note helicopters were mentioned when I read about Bergen air services)

The more of these "normal" things you can exclude, the more you will be able to start to conclude that you saw something very special.

Number 3:

I would start to search for other UFO reports in Bergen.

I have just done some initial work & come up with the following links:

www.afu.info...

www.ufoevidence.org...

the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com...

I also note the "Hessdalen Lights" as reported in great detail over a long period of time in the Hessdalen Valley in central Norway.

www.hessdalen.org...

www.youtube.com...

I hope that's a start for you

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well i know that it is nothing that should be there.

The light distortion made it hard to get a real identification on what type of form it had. I am writing this as i am sitting at the same place i saw it. It believe i saw the side of the craft but it had round corners. Did not look like those triangular you usually see at pictures on the web.

Ive watched the skies since i was a kid and know every type of aircrafts in this region. And yes there have been times i also thought Jupiter or Venus was something else but this gave you the creeps at a instant moment and you just know its not supposed to be there.

I have considered to take my camera out around the time i saw it, but some how i doubht i will see it again in a while.

When i was a kid i had something i later got to know was sleeping dissorders. Sleeping paralysis and nightscares where you wake up in a total panic and just run like hell.
I write this to see if anyone else with ufo experience have suffered with the same. You know, patterns.
Maybe some of us is just a bit more sensitive than others.

new topics

top topics

join