It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
reply to post by downtown436

Contrary to public perception, the overall level of gun crime in England and Wales is very low – less than 0.5% of all crime recorded by the police.

www.homeoffice.gov.uk...

Without a reasonable excuse guns shouldn't be used by anybody.From all the posts in this thread i understand vulnerable families in deprived areas who are subjected to gang violence in the area being armed and those who are disabled and are prey for burglars. What i still dont understand is young men and women who are easily influenced being able to get there hands on them, for the ones who have minds like sponges it may not take much to influence them to take out there weapon on unwilling civilians.

Your not looking at the whole picture my friend gun crime may be down but that's because your comparing a country with very strict gun laws to a country without much restriction HOWEVER dose this effect crime overall?, no it dose not.
yes there may be less killings by guns but who cares. Just because guns are out of the equation dose not mean crime is decreased.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Pointman111]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I didn;t purposely try to avoid your question, I was responding to a few posters at 1 time, I'll do my best now.

Apologies I thought you had simply side stepped me.

Physical assaults on physically impaired, we may have to redo this one, because I'm unclear if you mean like wheelchair, or amputee's.....

I wasn't aware there was more of a likelyhood of incidents in that group,

and don't see why they should have a gun , as opposed to others.

This has nothing to do with how often attacks occur or how likely they are to be targeted. Although if you are interested their are many studies of such "high risk" groups, and the criminal element's tendency to target those unable to fend off an attacker.

The question remains if physically incapable of fighting off a stronger man do you believe the physically impaired(wheelchair) and the infirm have a right to level the playing field against a physically fit "thug"?

This question goes for those with physically disabilities, as well as the elderly; who may be caring for young at the time, children who are relying on the adult for protection...

I never said Gun Ownership is wrong, at home.

Are you saying that I don't have the right to defend my life, body, and family when I step outside my door?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I"m british, I live in the US. I have LPR card, so all is well. I carry a .40 sigma as primary carry, and a .38 as a BUG. I have a wife and 3 year old. Where I live, is equvalent of combining Toxteth and Moss Side. At any given moment, some gangbanger/thug can get peeved at something, pull out a gun and start blasting. I try to hang back, and be a good witness, call police etc, however if i'm seen and rounds start flying my way, towards me or my family, then its game on.
Do I belive in carrying a gun for self defense. damn right.
PS, before someone starts yapping about moving from the area, have you seen the economy..?? Not easy to get a job, so damn lucky to have one right now, wherever I may live.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

If you live in the UK and are all warm and cuddly with the gun laws there--- What the heck are you here getting all confused about American law and statistics? Your happy with your rights why try to influence folks that are happy with theirs and want to keep them?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by Everton

If you live in the UK and are all warm and cuddly with the gun laws there--- What the heck are you here getting all confused about American law and statistics? Your happy with your rights why try to influence folks that are happy with theirs and want to keep them?

Its not like the UK even has any rights there country is a fast growing police state.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Pointman111]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Guns are for self defense. In the home outside the home, or wherever you may roam. On the street, or in the yard. In a store or with a whore.

Guns are for zoorks, blorks and zingeroos. Guns are fun at zoos, canoes or riding kangaroos.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by oppaperclip]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip
Guns are for self defense. In the home outside the outside the home, or wherever you may roam. One the street, or in the yard. In a store or with a whore.

Guns are for zoorks, blorks and zingeroos. Guns are fun at zoos, canoes or riding kangaroos.

nice!.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip
Guns are for self defense. In the home outside the outside the home, or wherever you may roam. One the street, or in the yard. In a store or with a whore.

LOL!! Very Funny!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yay for Virginia! Proud to say my state is making sense. All the changes sound like good common sense and I'm especially glad for the more than 1 handgun a month change. Hope things go well at the Supreme Court the next few days.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Yay for Virginia! Proud to say my state is making sense. All the changes sound like good common sense and I'm especially glad for the more than 1 handgun a month change. Hope things go well at the Supreme Court the next few days.

I've only just glanced over the hearing at the SCOTUS in the next few days, but am I right that if they uphold the 2A to what we have all been reading it as, then it effects the US in general, or is this primarily to do with the handgun ban thats been in effect in IL for so long?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No country should have the public being eligible to access firearms in my opinion. Reason being is they cause harm/distress/souring crime rates and murder. Being armed to protect yourself is a silly idea, just use common sense and avoid gang infested streets at night. I dont see what good can possibly come from owning a weapon.

so since you don't think that the "public" should have weapons... what in the wrold are you going to do with the criminal element that are really looking for unarmed idiots that believe in gun control...

Now i am armed every day when I leave home (nature of the beast) and I personally do not intend to stand by and let an armed person harm my family or anyone else for that matter... but if you choose to be the victim...you have no one but yourself to blame for your willingness to roll over and take it from behind.... you do not fight an armed person with a fist.... you fight fire with fire...

cowards and losers do not impress me... people that stand up for the constitution are those that do... all others are nothing but fodder for armed criminals that would just as soon cut a thrat than deal with people...

anti gun people are for the most part uneducated and ill informed and for lack of a better phrase... scared crapless of something they have never tried to understand.... kinda like the brady bunch.... frauds and cowards.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
All I know about gun control is this:

The communist revolution in Cuba, having been wildly successful, decided that the only way they were going to get absolute power over the people was to disarm them. So they were disarmed. My parents escaped Cuba in 1979 and went to Costa Rica where I was born. My parents never owned any firearms, but in 1989 we all moved to the US. 20 years later, everyone in my family owns a weapon, Why? Cause no one in my family will put up with another dictator, let alone some petty criminal or
psychopath.

Self defense is a natural right. The means of which are up to the individual. These are part of the laws of nature, or the God Given rights as my religious friends would put it- by extension, the reason why the 2nd Amendment exists. Many Americans have been blessed to never have to live in 3rd world #holes and for this reason many if you take your rights for granted. Rights are not subject to revision, rights are not negotiable and the only way a free citizen can drive that point home is to pose a threat to any tyrant attempting to remove those rights. Tyranny has not gone away from this world. Tyranny and exploitation are alive today threatening free thinkers everywhere . Freedom must be able to defend itself or those who seek control of your life will have it.

I give you Cuba, and the continued screams of the oppressed on this island can be heard all over the world. The next time you meet a Cuban use the words "Cuba Libre" and pay very close attention to the response you get. There is nothing more important to a Cuban than his or her Liberty! Because they have never had it, learn to appreciate it now folks, because the alternative is slavery.

Edit to add:

América Libre!

[edit on 2-3-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Glad to see you back.

People that have never seen the actual effects of tyrants need to hear the experiences and reflections of people like you.

Peace and God Bless.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And here was the original title of the post- "Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man". Not a multi-national argument, but directed towards the US. Why do foreigners insist that they know America and the mindset thereof better than those who experience and vote on the laws that affect only the US? Until these non-US posters gain US citizenship, their opinions mean nothing regarding how we free US posters conduct our lives. They are entitled to their opinions, but remember, until they are voters, they cannot affect you !.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by downtown436

Contrary to public perception, the overall level of gun crime in England and Wales is very low – less than 0.5% of all crime recorded by the police.

www.homeoffice.gov.uk...

Without a reasonable excuse guns shouldn't be used by anybody.From all the posts in this thread i understand vulnerable families in deprived areas who are subjected to gang violence in the area being armed and those who are disabled and are prey for burglars. What i still dont understand is young men and women who are easily influenced being able to get there hands on them, for the ones who have minds like sponges it may not take much to influence them to take out there weapon on unwilling civilians.

I didn't say gun crime, I said crime. Meaning all crime.

As in now that guns are banned, the crime rate didn't go down, it went up. Because now there is absolutely nothing stopping someone from breaking into your house, and since they know you are a law abiding citizen, with no gun, they can feel free to do as they please.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This post right here is one of the best examples on why gun ownership is a right of every free person in the United States. Glad to hear such a wonderful endorsement of why we have a second amendment.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's a shame these thugs felt the need to assault you, they are both petty and cowardly. They tend to attack in groups as they know one on one they wouldn't be able to take you on, we need harsher sentences for these people

That doesn't work here either because it's the nature of our prison systems to perpetuate crime later. It's like crime university. It creates what are termed "career criminals" here in the US.

The only practical way to defend against this stuff happening in real life, is not debating theoretical solutions and waiting for the system to crank out less crime somehow. The guns aren't going anywhere. There are at least 270 million of them here already. The only way to practically prevent assaults or rapes or innocent murders from happening in real time is to just exercise your right of carrying a weapon. At least if your state defends that right. And either way, all of them honor the right to possess firearms in general.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That's because our founding fathers didn't have morals that we share today. They acted on basic insticts, can you imagine a future in which our children have to walk the streets knowing the majority of people around them are armed? It'll just inflict fear and worry in most citizens, at the end of the day i cant imagine any other reason to carry a gun other than to cause harm.

IT PREVENTS HARM

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

That's because our founding fathers didn't have morals that we share today. They acted on basic insticts, can you imagine a future in which our children have to walk the streets knowing the majority of people around them are armed? It'll just inflict fear and worry in most citizens, at the end of the day i cant imagine any other reason to carry a gun other than to cause harm.

Yeah them Founding fathers and their lack of morals. wacky guys, and crazy parties.

i cant imagine any other reason to carry a gun other than to cause harm!

That's because you have no idea about what your talking about.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

wow you americans are so obsessed with guns you cant leave your house without one? thats paranoia, i wont succum to it. Why would you need a gun anyway unless you plan on using it? Vigilante eh?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by SuperSlovak]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join