It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Seriously. The responsibility of having a gun requires one to be sober 100% of the time, always awake, never sleeping, never hungry, never thirsty, never hurt, and never in hospital. If one is not all those things all the time, they are living in a fantasy world of false security.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointman111

Your right i wont need a weapon, i can handle myself without one. It's a shame i cant say the same about these gun slingers who pop a bullet into somebody just for throwing a punch or calling them a name. You shouldn't live in the mindset thinking you need a gun for protection.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
I live in the U.K and have spent time in many rough areas and have rarely heard of guns being used in self defence

Dude, that's because handgun possession is illegal in the UK. The innocent people following the law never have a chance. But at least you can see that difference between the UK and US.

Your right i wont need a weapon, i can handle myself without one.

Against someone who does? How's that?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Well one thing that people here cannot see is why people like yourself would be okay with not being able to go somewhere.

You stated yourself that people should just not go to the rough parts of town.

A lot of us do not even understand that mentality.

Also, what do you do if you are in the situation that the other poster postulated?

Freedom comes with responsibility. Otherwise you have none.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

It only make sense, that the need to carry weapons is an attempt to

compensate for a man to make up for his "shortcommings".

A real man should be able to stand up for himself, and his family, without

the aid of a weapon. If a gun is needed to feel "Manly" , perhaps the

problem is deeper, and medical help should be sought.

My .02

So all the physically impaired and elderly will just have to suck it up and suffer?

What about when grandparents act as babysitters?

Well then that is just TOO BAD for the elderly couple and any children they may be caring for.

Remember my friend that one day you too will be an old man.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I suggest you take a look at this graph…Not against your point, but considering the statistics on firearms your argument is pretty weak

I suggest you consider you sources more. This site reports that the USA has 4.4 (approximately) more crimes per capita than South Africa, 7.8 times that of Mexico and 33.8 (!!!!!) times that of ZIMBABWE! Yes, according to this site the U.S. is 34 times more violent than Zimbabwe. Do you really believe that?! Surely no more accurate accounting exists.

You should also be aware that you can find ‘statistical evidence’ almost anywhere on the internet. I’m sure if you looked long enough you could find a site that shows that 17% of Romanians have been bitten by a werewolf. That does not make it true.

Also, remember that the numbers are those that are reported by official sources. There is a lot of incentive to keep these numbers artificially low. Just like gun ownership, which only hurts honest people, the only countries that look bad are those that are willing to tell the truth. I’m sure if you looked into it, North Korea probably reports a 0.00% crime rate. Are we supposed to believe that? Just because those numbers are there doesn’t mean that they show reality.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Well one thing that people here cannot see is why people like yourself would be okay with not being able to go somewhere.

You stated yourself that people should just not go to the rough parts of town.

A lot of us do not even understand that mentality.

I understand that mentality, but it is the mentality of someone who lives in fear. Fear of what? Afraid of criminals who do have weapons, and we all know that criminals do.

But it's good that there are still people like you and me and millions of other Americans who think the playing field should be level between law-abiding citizens and criminals, without the need of the Nanny State to step in and take care of you, because we all know how that works out most of the time. Not well.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Yeeeeee, someone who finally sees the problems with statistics. I concur.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

OK, I had a conversation with a guy recently , can't rem who, but I tried to

use the recent fight we all saw , with Epic Beard Man and Amber Lamps.

That fight on a busy bus, ended up with a bloody nose , and foul laungauge.

Put guns on those 2 guys, and how many innocent people would have been

hurt or killed. Amber Lamps (black guy) was threatening to kill EBM at

the end of the fight , as it was.

The guy I had a chat with , was in complete denial, and seemed to believe

it would never had happened that way.

My .02

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Oh the stories I could tell of Fresno Ca and THE FACT the police just do not have enough resources to provide protection for home break ins.

They did offer to supply off duty officers in one housing development if we wanted to pay $75/hr per man.

The gov is looking more and more like a protection racket to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I guess I need to turn in my manhood card.

I own two guns currently (.357 revolver and .22 rifle). I never carry them except to target shoot and have never fired the revolver (recent purchase--in Nov 2009, been busy). The only living things they might kill is squirrel, rabbit or snake. Two are for eating and one is because it is a snake.

Both are in their cases and unloaded. Neither one is particularly easy to get to nor could either be loaded in less than 30 sec (ammo location mostly).

I am such gang-banger/cowboy/menace to all human life.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I may have mis-understood the OP a bit , My bad.

I have no problem with gun ownership, it is a right . It's the idea of every day

citizens packing , that causes me concern.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

And as another in that thread stated, if they would have had guns, the fight would never have taken place.

If it did, so one or both of them would not be causing any more problems.

Some think the stories they have seen on the television of the wild west, are actually true.

One DID not pick a fight back then.

OK Coral, ring a bell? Read the true history of that encounter.

Fear is the mind killer. You must let it go.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Put guns on those 2 guys, and how many innocent people would have been

hurt or killed. Amber Lamps (black guy) was threatening to kill EBM at

the end of the fight , as it was.

The guy I had a chat with , was in complete denial, and seemed to believe

it would never had happened that way.

Right, that was me, and it isn't "denial" when you're talking out of your ass to begin with. You said you had a relevant example to the firearms we were discussing and posted that fist-fight instead.

The thug also said he would kick the old man's ass, too, after he just got his own ass beat. You can't take that stuff seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH of those individuals already own firearms and just had them somewhere else.

You can't just make up fictional scenarios and pretend they're evidence of something. If that's your standard of evidence then believe me, I can make up some horror stories of my own that can "prove" just about anything under the Sun. I can see you are really drawn to fiction.

And as another in that thread stated, if they would have had guns, the fight would never have taken place.

If it did, so one or both of them would not be causing any more problems

Exactly right.

Wielding a firearm is a lot more serious than just talking smack. Everyone knows the "language" a gun speaks; you could say it's universal.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If it did, so one or both of them would not be causing any more problems.

I can only hope , 1 or both would be taken care , and no one else.

Lets say Mrs. Endisnighe and 2 young Nighe's had just got on the bus after

seeing a movie, and the fight broke out, with guns.

Thats my concern, but you guys say it will never happen , so I guess

it's a moot point.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

See, you bring up another fictional situation.

Here is a TRUE situation. EVER HEAR OF HASSAN?

Just imagine if our soldiers were allowed to carry on base?

How about that scenario?

How about Columbine?

I can bring up 1000's of real situations and how many can you bring up?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Lets say Mrs. Endisnighe and 2 young Nighe's had just got on the bus after

Great, another bed time story.

I have one for you.

Let's say Mr. Sean48 is sleeping at home in his unlocked house, which he publicly advertizes on the internet, and suddenly someone feels like walking in with a loaded glock and taking whatever they feel like.

Mr. Sean48 wakes up, about defecates on himself when he realizes what's happening, starts freaking out because he doesn't know what to do, goes to grab the phone to call the police, but the intruder sees this and shoots Mr. Sean48 in the head point blank. Finishes his business and leaves. And since his gun is unregistered and was purchased illegally, it can't be traced back to the shooter.

That happens much more often than freak shootings from permit holders getting pissed at each other on buses. I have had neighbors whose houses were broken into, that they successfully defended with firearms. This stuff is not pretend. Innocent, defenseless people die as a result of this stuff happening. People like YOU. You can make up all the cute little nonsense stories you want but at the end of the day defenseless people such as yourself are going to KEEP DYING at the hands of criminals with firearms, which you yourself refuse to have anything to do with.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How about Columbine?

I can bring up 1000's of real situations and how many can you bring up?

I'm confused , by your above quote.

Are you pro-gun , or anti-Gun?

Why don't you take over for me , you have thousands of shooting incidents

to draw from.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
It's just my opinion I haven't come on here to cause a stir, i just dont see how being in possesion of a firearm is in any way going to advantage the owner. I've seen alot of youths who get ahold of them just to look "cool" and for street cred but then later on life end up turning it on civilians. I live in the U.K and have spent time in many rough areas and have rarely heard of guns being used in self defence, every time it crops up in the news it's about some poor guy losing his life because some neaneanderthal has got his hands on a weapon and is more than likely to weak to fight with his fists, but i know it's alot different in the states and i will research this.

The fear of losing our 2nd Amendment rights is a passionate subject to Americans, one that the BEST of us hold dear and would fight not to lose.

Just as in some ways many Americans attitudes are conditioned by media and general culture, many Brits are conditioned as well. That is what is wonderful about being open minded and admitting that more research is needed to form an objective opinion.

So Star for you.

Here are some of the news stories we get here that reinforce why we should have, and encourage, responsible gun ownership in this country.

www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com...

There are many, many more cases like this as well.

And I picked Texas(Bush was NOT born here and is NO cowboy) because I LOVE my home state.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I am referring to the fact that if someone would have been carrying in those situations, the deaths would not have been as bad as they were.

That is what I am getting at.

In the area I am at, people do not break into homes or attempt to carjack.

Too many of us rednecks have guns in our homes, vehicles, and amazingly enough on our person (murmurs of shock in the background).

Let me post that thing again.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join