It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe in strict gun control and I'm no coward.

Are you a coward? Do you like insulting people in person, or just the ones who disagree with you on the internet who can't pop you in the mouth for it?

It's a lot easier to shoot your mouth off than it is to actually pull the trigger and kill another human being.

I doubt you have any experience with the latter; obviously you enjoy the former.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

Lol, I have never gotten angry because I was sick. I would prob only get angry if my pets got sick.

You do gooders miss the whole point.

and you didnt answer me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus

RESPONSE - Just because its a legal right, it does not mean that it is right.

It's beyond right in every which way possible.

- A firearm is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.
RESPONSE - A deadly one at that. It is a gun, which is a lot more than a tool. Its a tool of fear, violence and death. I can't agree on that point.

Are my guns defective then? I have somewhere north of 20 guns, and not a single one of them has ever caused any death. Should I ask for a refund since mine must obviously be broken?

- It's a tool of many uses, including self defense against 2 and 4 legged predators, defense against a tyrannical government, and it provides a means of feeding ones family.
RESPONSE - 2 legged well we should have better faith in a society , at least thats what we should be working towards. Animals , I understand some very remote parts of the US may have dangerous animals. So in a rural farm environment as pest control I agree, that is an exception though and not a rule. Defense against a tyrannical government. No. Us Brits learned that the countries under our empire that fought us...we fought back harder. Those that worked with us and pushed for democratic change won their freedom. OK. Us brits killed a few hundred people while countries were pushing for freedom...but shame on us for that...shame on us.

You may want to brush up on your history if you think the Brits only killed "a few hundred people".

You claim you fought back harder against those that fought against the empire. Obviously you didnt fight that hard if you had your collective british asses handed to you during a little thing called the American Revolution.

- Guns are the tool of freedom. They gave you freedom (assuming you are an American), and as has often been said, the 2nd Amendment protects all other rights.
RESPONSE - I can't agree. Psychologically, you own a gun from fear. Which means you are a slave to fear. Violence , as often proven in world history, has led to an escalation of evils. Talking, discussing, debating, finding a way forward through words has also succeded in many many cases. This is what I feel is freedom. I think if you own a gun , you are enslaved to the fear.

Mind if I ask how you can know the psychological state of over 75 million gun owners? As with your other statements, you are simply wrong.

Having a means of defending ones family from any possible threat isnt fear, its called being responsible.

RESPONSE - Its better to not have a gun....and never have to need it....because a society can resolve it issues without violence.

Just out of curiosity does it rain puppy dogs and ice cream cones in the fantasy land that you live in?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

It's a lot easier to shoot your mouth off than it is to actually pull the trigger and kill another human being.

So you advocate violence because you disagree with something someone said, but you are an advocate for gun control?

You seem like a confused little boy.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't care if you're for or against gun control your position does not preclude you from having a civil debate. I'm for the 2nd, but I let the facts speak for themselves, if you let namecalling and threats do your talking then you are not doing your position any favors.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS POST. You are all adults and can have a grown up conversation without some of the crap I'm seeing in this thread.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Good for you. I do find it very responsible of you for having the safe. My whole point is that not everyone is responsible enough to own a gun. I don't necessarily believe they should be illegal but I do think it should be a lot harder to get. maybe there should be a required class on gun safety before you are allowed to purchase one. Maybe there should be background checks on people. I don't know. All I know is that it shouldn't be available to just anyone who wants to carry a gun. there is a difference when "Bob the 36 year old man of 4" wants a gun to protect his family than the 21 year old thug who wants to be cool.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

Of course ID! Because if we don't agree we are all cowards. No the fact is you are not a coward just because you don't own guns...don't worry about the silly name calling. It's pointless and gets nobody anywhere

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Hhahahaha great post I throughly enjoyed reading what you had to say. Not only did you school that guy but you did it in a tactful adult manner which he doesn't seem to be capable of. Nice to see not everyone is brainwashed into thinking guns are bad.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree with your stance but it's extremely hard to have a "debate" with people of this mindset; the "no guns aloud folk" remind me of people with similar arguements such as anti-abortion, scientology, and just about anything religious or having to do with the like. I'm not saying people with these mindsets cannot have a general debate but what I am saying is that the vast majority have a "no means no" attitude and they aren't open to the fact of anything otherwise. I know you can understand what I mean since you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Also ever thought of being a moderator??? If ATS ever asks you; you got my vote.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Also to clarify I am not against there being "No Guns" but I am against the public not being aloud to own weapons when the governments do. That is the most alarming thing of all to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

You've just showed your ignorance of gun control laws already on the books. Background checks are mandatory for anyone purchasing a gun from a store. (mandatory means not optional).

Lets look at this hypothetical situation....

Guns disappear. Complete ban and government confiscation yada yada yada.

Do you really think crime or violence would plummet? Of course it wouldnt, only a fool would believe that. If someone is determined to commit a crime or harm someone, the method by which its done means nothing.

There are a large number of peanut brained people who think guns have one purpose: to kill. A gun is manufactured with one purpose in mind: To fire a projectile.

The same way gasoline has one purpose: To ignite. Now, whether gasoline ignites in a combustion chamber of an engine, or in a firebomb is entirely decided by a human being.

A firearm has NEVER killed anyone without some form of human interaction. Never.

The problem isnt guns, its people.

Lets ban them.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

I have pencils...in case I need to write something. I have extra diapers for my baby...in case he takes a poop. Having a gun is not the same thing. It is a dangerous weapon. Spend the money you spent on that gun for a really good alarm system for your house. That my friend is being prepared.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase

I have pencils...in case I need to write something. I have extra diapers for my baby...in case he takes a poop. Having a gun is not the same thing. It is a dangerous weapon. Spend the money you spent on that gun for a really good alarm system for your house. That my friend is being prepared.

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Are you serious? I hope not.

What do you propose people do in the minutes it takes the alarm company respond? Offer the intruder some cookies and milk?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I undersand your position. I just don't want a good thread shut down because a few can't control their fingers. I've never thought of being a moderator and I don't think ATS would ask me to be one. But I appreciate the vote of confidence.

My position on gun control stems from real life experience, you'll find my post on page four of this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase

That, my friend, is not being prepared. That is hoping that the alarm company notifies the police in time. That is hoping that the police are dispatched in time. That is hoping that the police understand what they are dealing with and enter the house in time.

Hoping is not being prepared.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Because if we don't agree we are all cowards. No the fact is you are not a coward just because you don't own guns...don't worry about the silly name calling.

I never said you were a coward if you don't OWN a gun. I said if you don't want others around you to be able to carry a gun, you're anti-Constitution, anti-American in my eyes, are the real threat to national security and yes, a simple coward. This country has ALWAYS allowed the right to bear arms, and even carry arms openly or concealed in public in most parts of the country. Have you really suffered that badly from this? Have YOU ever been shot? If you had, you really think it would have been a law-abiding gun owner that shot you, as opposed to a criminal using a gun illegally to try to take something from you?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Geez now you can definently talk from experience, Well not you exactly but your family... you know what I mean. If only everyone here's family was subjected to the same treatment, then maybe the majority of people on the fence about this subject wouldn't be and the people on the other side of the fence would be scrambling to climb on over. People can talk a big game when they haven't lived through the travesty and oppression of a dictatorship (my family being mainly Russian Jews). I especially liked another posters viewpoints on England which is one place firearm bans are in use and guess whats happening there... they're crime rate has sky rocketed. Great post I enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability
I believe in strict gun control and I'm no coward.

Are you a coward? Do you like insulting people in person, or just the ones who disagree with you on the internet who can't pop you in the mouth for it?

I'll give you my address if you want to try to come pop me in the mouth, if you are referring to me.

I posted the definition of coward. Someone who is afraid to take certain actions in the face of danger, ie to take responsibility to protect themselves against a criminal. A criminal can illegally hold a gun to you and demand whatever they want and you are AGAINST the right to be carrying a gun to defend yourself? And despite the Bill of Rights? Not only are you a total coward and obviously more scared of guns themselves than you are violent crime, you would apparently be in favor of dismantling the Bill of Rights, which many Americans would consider treason and real terrorism. This same Bill of Rights, hundreds of thousands of Americans have already spent their lives to protect for future generations. Would you be prepared to die to try to take this right away from people? Because that's what it would come to. May I refer you to the NRA slogan, "from my cold dead hands."

Exactly, which is why most of these arguments that if more people carried guns they would go around squeezing off shots every time they got into a petty argument, are ridiculous. They are for self-defense in the hands of law-abiding citizens, against criminals. Criminals are not a part of this issue because it is well-known that they can and WILL get their hands on guns even if it is against the law for them to do so. That's why they are criminals. The same people who would mug you or even murder you in cold blood just to take your money or property from you. Do you not even realize you would be HELPING these people by taking away guns from innocent law-abiding citizens? You might as well be contributing to the mugging and murders yourself by preventing people from being able to defend themselves.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

Good luck with the alarm. I'm sure you'll be fine for the 45 minutes it takes until the police bother to show up.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I appreciate you calling me ignorant. It's easy to be an a hole on the internet, and no I don't know exactly what it takes to get a gun, i've never tried to get one. I didn't know it was a crime to have an opinion. You sound like one of those guys who thinks they're so superior to others. Like your opinion is the right one. I'm done with this because people like you ruin it for me. If you disagree with something than disagree, but the name calling is childish. Go sit in the corner with your gun and wait for the bad guys.....what a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join