It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
No country should have the public being eligible to access firearms in my opinion. Reason being is they cause harm/distress/souring crime rates and murder. Being armed to protect yourself is a silly idea, just use common sense and avoid gang infested streets at night. I dont see what good can possibly come from owning a weapon.

Wow. I have to admit that this is truly one of the least educated responses to this very important subject that I have ever read. Not a slam on you or your intelligence. I understand that many people feel that it is the GUN that kills but what those people don't understand is that it is the person pulling the trigger that is actually killing.

You say to avoid gang infested streets....? Seriously? This is your solution? You mean, that those that are robbed and/or murdered in their very own homes by GUN TOTING thieves shouldn't sleep in their homes? You think that only GANGS are criminals?

I'm sorry but the ignorance of your post is astounding. You have not educated yourself on the facts of gun ownership at all. In fact, the bulk of gun owners (and I mean the VAST majority) are responsible people who do NOT commit violent crimes against others using those guns.

It's the people that obtain the guns ILLEGALLY that use them in violence. **Edit to add: Most of the time. Yes, legal gun owners have committed crimes and unfortunate accidents with kids HAVE happened but they are NOT often occurances. A small percentage of the gun crimes are committed by legal owners.

So, by your logic, we should remove guns from all of the RESPONSIBLE people and allow those violent criminals that will IGNORE the laws to have them. When they KNOW that you don't have a gun to protect yourself then they have a huge upperhand in their business. Their business of taking what YOU have knowing that YOU can't do anything about other than avoiding 'gang infested streets at night'.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by dariousg]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

You know what your post tells me about you? It tells me you probably come from a rich family, you probably live in a gated community with armed guards, and that you have lived a very sheltered life. Correct me if Im wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Its IMO an armed society is crucial, not only for family/self defense, but the very fabric of freedom. I cant even imagine living in the UK. Being forced to defend my family by either brute/blunt force or evisceration. Very personal, very messy and hard to do. If I'm in defensive stance/mode, your here to take, not talk, and I want the situation to end immediately. And who knows they might just leave if you have fire power/gun.

I can tell you this. When I was 21 an able to get my carry permit I did. On many occasions it forced me to really think about my actions and the responsibility I poses. I cared about my permit, and did not want to lose it. And I'll have you know!, you Do Gooders/Cowards WILL personally thank your armed neighbor who thwarts your bad situation.

You do gooders might want to try to think of it this way. Isn't it fun to pop a balloon with a dart at 12 feet away and win a prize?. Well, its much funner to pop that balloon at 50 yards away with the focused gentle squeeze of a trigger. Its even funner IMO, to pop moving balloons, skeet/trap we call it. Fyi, I'm currently pulling off double doubles with a 20ga.pump, Horaa! I'm working toward double doubles with 22 rim fire bird shot
. So you need to get out and learn how to enjoy these thing. You dont have to own one. But you better know how to pick one up off the ground and use it.

What are you cowards going to do to defend your Children!!!? ( IMO we are beyond if) Call the police? the police aren't going to be able to be there every time you need them. There are some huge animals out there, and I'm not just talking about bears. I watched that history channels After Armageddon last night, and they were explaining about humans in predatoryal mode, and how vicious children can be in these situations. If you choose not to defend yourself (your knife and bat just isn't going to work well) and lay there and bleed to death in front of your children, you NEED to immediately surrender your children to DCF for not being fit parents.

You know!, we live in duality so let try to see a positive in this situation. You cowards will make great pet food

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

Despite living in a world of failing governments i dont think being armed is doing our part to make the world a better place. I haven't been "torn apart" as you so put it and i still believe gun prohbition in MOST CASES is the way forward. Have any of you ever been in a posistion in which you have had to use your gun for self defence?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No country should have the public being eligible to access firearms in my opinion. Reason being is they cause harm/distress/souring crime rates and murder. Being armed to protect yourself is a silly idea, just use common sense and avoid gang infested streets at night. I dont see what good can possibly come from owning a weapon.

Tell that B.S. to the family of this family that was gunned down in their million dollar home yesterday...

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Until a police officer can be assigned to protect/defend me & my family 24/7/365...I deserve the right to protect/defend myself & my family!

[edit on 3-3-2010 by custom2006]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by custom2006]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Far from rich and not exactly a safe society but murder is rare in the part of England i live as only the pettiest of crooks sling firearms. I think its an unfair judgement of me just because i dont share the same beliefs as you, nothing more than arrogance.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Have any of you ever been in a posistion in which you have had to use your gun for self defence?

No. That does not mean it can never happen and that I shouldn't be as prepared as possible so that I might have all options on the table.

Likewise, I live on a major fault line, but I have never experienced a major earthquake. That said, I still think it makes sense to be as prepared as possible in the event that it happens.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I'm not too sure how you can compare these as if they were remotely alike!? Cars are a requirement, guns are not!

Granted i don't think cars should have been invented but they are a way of life now everyone owns one.

What if it gets to the point that everyone owns a gun? Then were in real trouble. Cars were not invented as killing machines! Guns were!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rybo666
reply to post by Ahabstar

I'm not too sure how you can compare these as if they were remotely alike!? Cars are a requirement, guns are not!

Granted i don't think cars should have been invented but they are a way of life now everyone owns one.

What if it gets to the point that everyone owns a gun? Then were in real trouble. Cars were not invented as killing machines! Guns were!

Actually guns were created to fire a projectile.

Where that projectile goes is determined by a human.

A gun has never killed anyone without a human touching it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rybo666
What if it gets to the point that everyone owns a gun?

If it gets to that point, not much will happen. A gun is an inanimate object. It is not good or evil. Virtually everyone that lives between the Appalachians and the Rockies in the United States already owns a gun; in fact, there are probably more guns than people. Disallow the major cities, which are, admittedly, cesspools, and the rest of the country is actually quite safe, despite all of those nasty guns and gun owners.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure where I stand on this issue because I can agree with points on both sides of the argument. However, some of you are just terribly paranoid. "Oh I must have a gun, someone can break in, rape my wife, and steal my daughter!" It is true that crimes happen all of the time but always being afraid is no way to live. Sure, I don't like the thought of someone coming in my house and harming my family but I'm not holding a gun...for the just in case scenario. How about this scenario. I buy a gun so I can protect my family. My small son finds my hiding place and accidently shoots himself. Say what you will but this sh*t happens all of the time. Or hey how about this. Angry teenager gets made fun of at school....steals his father's gun and shoots the whole school up. Sound familiar? You can be in danger and wish to God you had a gun...or you can have a gun and create danger. This is an argument that can go on forever............and I'm sure it will.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Ya and the world you live in is perfect, clearly your dillusional. As the OP has already expressed having firearms easily accessable lower crime rates rather then heighten them. It's a historical fact... look it up. Also when the burglar comes to your house to rob it, grab the sausage out of the freezer I hear thats the next best thing to a pistol.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

Just out of curiosity, do you stock up on food just in case a SHTF scenario happens?

If so, you're paranoid according to your logic.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

If you leave a firearm out in the open where a small child or unauthorized user can find it, it isn't the gun's fault. Its your fault for being irresponsible. A firearm is a deadly weapon and should be treated as one. If you have children in the home, it should be stored in a manner as to be inaccessible to those children.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Despite living in a world of failing governments i dont think being armed is doing our part to make the world a better place. I haven't been "torn apart" as you so put it and i still believe gun prohbition in MOST CASES is the way forward. Have any of you ever been in a posistion in which you have had to use your gun for self defence?

Yes we have! As a young couple starting out in a "not so great neighborhood" apartment. My bride to be and myself were goofing off when there was a knock on the door and I answered it.... Two men rushed me at knife point and had me over the chair in an instant. My wife (seemingly with more courage than I could ever muster) lifted the 12 gauge from the side of the couch and said "I don't think so" as she racked a round in our new 870. The look on the two guys face was priceless, they both dropped their weapons and did an about face for the door never to be seen again.

Tell me now how I should have called 911 or fought back or screamed like a child. BS! the only thing that gave us (her) control of that situation was the fact that both of us were brought up in a "Gun Culture" we bought firearms as we could afford them and we went to the range and practiced.

It has been 25 years since that happened and I can't say that we have ever been put to that kind of test again, but you can be dam sure that we are still armed to the teeth, and we have instilled that same love for liberty in our now adult children.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have been in a house TWICE where a home invader was shot dead by my grandfather. In both cases the individual had a gun that was ILLEGAL and in both cases he had pointed it at a person in the house when my grandfather fired. So YES and no. I didn't pull the trigger but I learned a valuable lesson. The first guy was a convicted sex offender and violent criminal. I have had nightmares wondering what would have happened to my mother and sister had he not acted.

You see, he was like most gun owners. He was responsible and would only use it if needed. He needed it twice.

He was a navy officer during WWII and Korea so he did have training.

So, in your world of 'moving forward' does the government and law enforcement not have guns as well? Just want to make sure. Because the only way to guarantee that no person has a gun is to remove all guns and all means of making them from all locations all over this entire planet.

Good luck with that. Because as has been shown over and over. The criminals will ALWAYS get their guns.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by endisnighe

OK, I had a conversation with a guy recently , can't rem who, but I tried to

use the recent fight we all saw , with Epic Beard Man and Amber Lamps.

That fight on a busy bus, ended up with a bloody nose , and foul laungauge.

Put guns on those 2 guys, and how many innocent people would have been

hurt or killed. Amber Lamps (black guy) was threatening to kill EBM at

the end of the fight , as it was.

The guy I had a chat with , was in complete denial, and seemed to believe

it would never had happened that way.

My .02

According to the follow up interview, EBM did have a gun and a knife.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

So... what you are saying is that warped people only use guns? If someone wants to do harm, they are not going to belay the thoughts and actions simply because they do not have ready access to a fire arm.

How would your defend yourself or your family against an attacker then? The bobbies aren't waiting in a car outside your house just in case are they?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Oh I'm incredibly sorry. You're right. It is the owner's fault. When that irresponsible person buys the gun, the person selling it can wave a magic wand and make the gun owner an intelligent, responsible human being. It can come with the gun free of charge. Then there won't be anymore accidents involving children hurting themselves, school shootings, or any type of gun accident for that matter. We can live in a world where guns are ONLY used for protection and nothing else. We can all be safe and happy...just us with our guns against the bad guys. thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Oh and sausage can be dangerous. It depends how old it is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join