It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who doesn't want You to have Guns? Frightened Cowards and "The Man"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
Gun rights are written into the constitution and by necessity it would mean there would have to be a change in the constitution to do that and that takes a 2/3 majority in both houses AND in 2/3 of the states legislatures to do that...and that is simply not going to happen.

Technically, that's true. The problem is that no one in this country seems to care about the Constitution any more. It certainly hasn't stopped various levels of government from passing laws restricting your 2nd amendment rights under many circumstances.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

I dont know if you noticed, but our children basically live in that world today. To say we don't need guns is stupid, you would wish you had one when a six foot three ex con is standing in your living room one night when you get up to take a dump.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by murphyhurtme

Yeah, but that's your fault. If you hadn't woke up in the middle of the night to take a dump, you'd have never seen that 6'3" ex-con standing in the living room. If you'd have just stayed sound asleep, he wouldn't bother you. He was just there for a cup of tea. And what were YOU doing in the living room if you were going to 'take a dump?' Sounds a little fishy if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

It only make sense, that the need to carry weapons is an attempt to

compensate for a man to make up for his "shortcommings".

A real man should be able to stand up for himself, and his family, without

the aid of a weapon. If a gun is needed to feel "Manly" , perhaps the

problem is deeper, and medical help should be sought.

My .02

I've seriously got an eight incher soft and own firearms..........guess your theory is BS.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Has this site been taken over by the right wing fringe lately? I realize I am a new member, but I don't recall seeing so many off the hook political posts before. Posts based on "others" opinion in the form of news, I believe, paints this site in a negative light. I know, I am new member, and my opinion is of no consequence, but I feel it lowers the bar.

Anyway, The post lost me after the word Fascist showed up. Any clue what a Fascist is? I believe there is a definitive guide at Rense called The Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism.

1: I am glad the right are finally embracing liberal ideals. You have to agree being able to freely carry a fire arm in more places with more anonymity and less restriction is far more liberal in spirit than conservative.

2: I suppose I could lump any and all of the bogus "figures" in one response. Where I live there have been several "bedroom" communities spring up. And by the numbers crime is down. Using the logic contained in the post I suppose I could attribute this to anything I can concoct. Finally, proof McDonald's lowers crime rate. When I see population numbers increase in a short time, I doubt these were tent cities. I wonder, if we armed every homeless person and added 10,000 of them to a to a community of 5,000 if the crime rate would decrease even more? I have yet to find one fact in the post that isn't totally misleading. All I can find is opinion based on B.S.

3: Who is a coward? I would offer it is those who feel the need to be armed (especially in a concealed manner) are the cowards. Paranoid, and more than likely suffering from multiple personality issues. When a person in a "civilized" society feels the need to carry a weapon they have surrendered to the the fear that drives them, an unrealistic fear. I am not referring to those who have a valid reason to carry. I believe I was endowed by my creator with every skill needed to keep myself and my family perfectly safe. And the minute I turn to a weapon for security means my senses are no longer my guide. I will have surrendered to an idea created by others. And the path to laziness is complete.

4: Last time I checked it is legal to openly carry in all but 4 states, so why conceal? Afraid people might think you are crazy if you walked around with a gun at your side? I think we can all agree that the "wild" west was initially very liberal when it came to gun laws. They were also the pioneers of conservative gun control. There was a reason you had to check your guns. There is absolutely no evidence that fear is a viable deterrent to societal woes. Those who fear soon despise, those who despise plot, and those who plot eventually strike.

5: Those who carry guns thinking somehow they are like Charles Bronson in scare me. If I ever find myself in the midst of a shootout I don't want to be mistaken by real cops for a bad guy because the idiot next to me pulled out his gun and starts shooting back. These fringe types have seen way too many fake westerns. Read a biography or two. The best "killers" of the west weren't the best shots or the fastest, they could look a man in the eye and shoot him dead. Oddly enough everyone I have ever met that had to pull the trigger never wants to see a gun again.

I support the 2nd amendment fully. Oddly enough 3 out of the last 4 States holding out on open carry are among the most conservative. Why not go there and use your facts and figures to get those archaic conservative laws changed before labeling the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Haha! JUST NOW my boss told us that my coworker's house was broke into while his wife was home and he was not, (we all work out of town).
She was able to escape out a window before the guy got to her, but the perp stole her purse and some jewelry on his way out.

My coworker said that if he would've been home he could have pulled his gun on the perp, but his wife panicked and just leaped out the window instead.

If he would've been home he could've possible blasted that fool and kept the guy from striking again......and maybe raping or killing someone next time!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Originally posted by Rybo666

What you think is right might not be and what i think is right may not be either.

And in that we can completely agree. Broad brush strokes often paint the wrong folks.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Everton
What i still dont understand is young men and women who are easily influenced being able to get there hands on them, for the ones who have minds like sponges it may not take much to influence them to take out there weapon on unwilling civilians.

In the US it is illegal for anyone under 21 to buy a handgun. We aren't talking about 16 year old kids walking in to Wal~Mart and purchasing a .357magnum

According to the CDC 5,697 people aged

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
For me personally I think owning a gun means so much fear and paranoia has been instilled in you to think you need to own one. The world isn't that dangerous. Maybe it's just the country I come from that shares my view but I've never felt the need to have a gun or come to think of it I've never even seen a gun in my life.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
nervous about home invaders?
Get a dog. A burgler will go to a different house the moment he hears a deep bark. Also, get an alarm system.

I think that we should be able to have guns legally, but the requirements to have one should be strict so its trackable should you lose it. Plenty of people purchase guns, then "lose" it to sell for a very high price on the black market (untraceable gun).

As far as the coward thing, I simply dont understand that at all. Someone whom doesn't want to hid behind projectile bits of metal but rather go hand to hand is a coward? erm...ok, whatever.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I am not afraid of death. I just don't want to go before my time. Me and fate/nature/the creator will decide on my time to go. It isn't a decision I want some meth head making for me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
we need to do it like the Swiss do it, every civilian 18 and up with no criminal history must go through 1 month boot camp an after completion you get one hand gun and rifle , that way everyone is properly trained

like this :watch:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This one is for all you that think that the police and guberment are the only ones that should own guns.

www.youtube.com...

When seconds count, don't worry, this guy or one of his partners will be there to save you within the hour.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Right...I own an gun, and all those things happen in my house every night. Now I know why!

Seriously, if someone breaks in your house and kills someone you love and you could have stopped it if you had access to a weapon, would your stance change? This is why I am glad that there is a secured gun in my house. If someone forces their way in, they better be lucky.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

An old but very true statement

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

People will kill, steal, gangbang, and have drug wars whether guns are presant or not.

Heroin and Cocaine are illegal, but people find them easily enough, why would guns be any different. Even in countries where firearms have been banned criminals get guns.

The rarest crime in this nation is one committed by a person with a gun concealment liscence

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As far as the coward thing, I simply dont understand that at all. Someone whom doesn't want to hid behind projectile bits of metal but rather go hand to hand is a coward? erm...ok, whatever.

I would rather 'hide behind projectile bits of metal' and end the threat at a distance than to engage in hand to hand combat against a violent criminal only to find out that I wasn't half the bada$$ I may think I am. You have no idea what the other guy is capable of or whether he's holding out on you and has a weapon you haven't seen yet.

I think I'd prefer to take any advantage I could get if my life were in danger. I wouldn't call the hand-to-hand proponents cowards, but I would say that they're overestimating their odds.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

nice one. i was looking for someone to tear this dude apart. i was gonna do it but i think you did it quite well. i mean what kind of well protected by the government life style does he have? oh no, gunz are bad, da govt will protect us just stay away from guns.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Most gun owners I know are responsible and properly trained. Deadly force can only be legally used when deadly force is perceived, implied or threatened. If the person has a weapon and is in your proximity threatening to use it...then you have justification.

The people that go around popping caps in each other for throwing a punch will end up with their guns taken away or dead anyway...solving your problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
1. Some issues with "gun crime" statistics: if a crime is committed, let's say burglary, and the accused had a gun on their person but did not use it. The mere possession of the gun elevates the crime to that of a "gun crime." Why you ask. To tack on more time to the sentence. Most states have mandatory minimum sentences for crimes in which a gun was "used."

2. There is no use discussing gun laws with the anti-gun nuts (yes, nuts). I call them this because one has to be crazy to believe that putting further restrictions on those who access guns legally will have any effect on those who access guns illegally. The key term here is "illegal." They have no respect for the current laws yet, the anti-gun folks say, tougher laws will be followed and prevent criminals from getting guns. Um, no.

3. At some point, rational thought is going to take over this discussion and people will focus on the errors of #2.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

oh ok, lets ban guns and what do you think the statistics will be then? 10,000 ppl murdered w/ knive, pipe, chair, shovel etc. that'll be nice and clean.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join