It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell if I know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello fellow members. Lets get into two strongly different beliefs about hell.

Is there a "There is no hell" belief being pushed onto people more these days?...Why is that you think? Or is there a "There is a hell" belief being pushed onto people more these days?...Why is that you think?

Is pushing either side a conspiracy to move people a direction as if by a form of mind control? Like to get you to care not if you do bad things to others as long as you have the thought of there being no hell? Or like to get you to not do bad things to others as long as you have the thought of there being a hell?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well I think "hell" is somewhat subjective from the start. I think an argument can easily be made that some people(if not all of us) live in a form of hell already.

I see no reason why things couldn't get worse to what is considered "hell".

But I think the real fault is the idea of "eternal hell". And that is where problems arise. Eternal hell can not possibly be true. It is to say that god is worse than a human parent.

As a parent you punish your child in order to teach it a lesson. Not out of revenge, not out of spite, or to hurt them. Only to teach. What parent punishes their child forever? None of them, to do so is aside the point of why you punish them to begin with. As such, the idea itself only serves the purpose of fear.

But a temporary hell is not something that is contrary to the above. If you put your finger on a red hot stove eye - it is going to burn you, it is going to hurt. As soon as you remove your finger, the source of such stops. This is reaping what you sow. So if you sow hellish things, then no doubt you will reap them. But as soon as you fix that choice, then the source of it will stop. You might feel the pain for a time, but the healing itself begins etc.

So for hell to be "eternal" would take someone who refused to take their finger off the stove eye. Just don't really see that happening.

Also, in the bible the only thing that is said to be eternal is the fire itself.

Most of it is fear tactics and false. A way for someone to put fear into another in order to manipulate. I personally find such practices disgusting. Yet you will certainly reap what you sow, and don't want to take away from that.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's the reality I have learned.

The doctors of the church have said that hell is the choice of men who on Earth have decided to rebel in their hearts, hearts are hardened in evil and nothing can change that. So after death they are (fixed) as you will in evil, since grace comes from God and love.

They are graceless in hell and chose it on Earth. So even if a million years past, a billion, doesn't matter. They are fixed in that evil state without grace and in rebelin not wanting to love or serve God.

And like badmedia said. Only to teach a lesson. But some kids don't want to change and families have broken off hating each other forever.

This is what happens in hell.

It's like a jail. Jail exist on Earth. There HAS to be a jail to hold evil. It's ridiculous to NOT seperate evil from good. A loving God would have to do that. The fires I have heard are eternal and in the spirit, like a fire of hatred. Some people go to darkness and hell has different stages like heaven does.

It's not to scare people. it's a reality. just like Jail. you do this, you go here. But there is more involved with hell than a normal jail.

Thisis why some people get (life) in jail. Some people are that evil.

Now God doesn't want us to fear anything. Infact many saints didn't want to mention hell at all. Only love and happiness. And the positive part of worshipping God, like being his eternal friend.

Hell is no shape or form mind control, because jail would be too if that were the case. Evil has to be seperated from good. it just has to or no peacful society can exist including heaven.

peace op!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lmbo.. OP was that dare I say a joke in the headline? that was funny.

peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

Hello fellow members. Lets get into two strongly different beliefs about hell.

Is there a "There is no hell" belief being pushed onto people more these days?...Why is that you think? Or is there a "There is a hell" belief being pushed onto people more these days?...Why is that you think?

Is pushing either side a conspiracy to move people a direction as if by a form of mind control? Like to get you to care not if you do bad things to others as long as you have the thought of there being no hell? Or like to get you to not do bad things to others as long as you have the thought of there being a hell?
Oh most definitely it's the "no hell" belief gaining in prevalence. two thousand years ago it was a given.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
“And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.” (Isaiah 66:24)

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. (Matt. 25:41,46)

If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Rev. 20:15)

As for it being pushed on people IDK. If you choose to believe the bible its very real as pointed out above. When people ask me I tell them there is one.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lord Jesus is a firestarter. He will the world burned down. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. He been around all along in the world as a thief. Now he will be coming back to his original home. Surely he will come quickly back to his home. His home is his ideal place and his free place.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Depends on the sect of various religions.
Even Christianity varies considerably on the involvement level of hell.
The Bible barely mentions it....

top topics

join