It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Car Bombing in Baghdad Green Zone, Casualties Reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Another car bomb has exploded near an entrance to Baghdad's Green Zone on a busy street. There are casualties reported, with at least four Iraqis dead and 25 injured so far.
Witnesses report a Mercedes speeding down the residential street and then exploding. Bodies covered in sheets and body parts are visible at the scene.

FoxNews.com

"This is somebody's skin," one veiled woman, carrying body parts in a plastic bag, said to a policeman. "Where should I put it?"

Iraq Governing Council member Mowaffak al-Rubaie, the National Security Advisor, indicated that he believes the car bombing was an attempt on his life. The council meets nearby, and the explosion occured along the route he takes.

Related News Stories:
Bloomberg.com
SMH.com.au

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My god, what a mess it would seem that liberation in Iraq means freedom for terrorists.

It looks like this is only going to get worse with time. and I am starting to think no matter if we are there or not this terrorism in Iraq will continue to grow. I believe these radical islamic terrorist groups think they are actually going to take over in Iraq and create a nation of radical faith. a nation with an army, a nation that can spread the infection of its radical faith through out the region.

I hope we are not going to just walk away now and let this happen.

Gazz

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you can drill through glass for oil then there shouldn't be a problem

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
why is this in the space forum? do they put it everywhere.

new topics

top topics

join