It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you need to know about Sen. Bunning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

There are many more...

Senator Bunnings recent objects to extend unemployment benefits is simply a protest vote. I know this tactic as it is what rational people do when pushed to their wits end. The objection by Bunning is to fund unemployment through some means already approved as the recent law of PAYGO.

I do not agree with Bunning's methodology and timing but he is following the law of PAYGO and the other people in the Senate are not. If anyone has opposing information on Bunning please do post it. I'm thinking this whole debacle is designed by the PTB media as a way to get rid of conservatives or minimize their creditability.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, but the attacks are so much more inspiring and intending to get people riled up and not think before screaming for more government intrusion.

Anyway OP S&F for the attempt to show what was TRULY intended by his actions.

Some just like to go off the deep end before researching for themselves.

I am guilty of it, everyone is.

I WILL DENY MY OWN IGNORANCE.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
LOL, I only watched the first video, but that was pretty good, Paulson was always such a spaz under pressure.

Interesting to note tho.....Paulson's little finger has an extremely unnatural bend during this entire thing. What is up with that? It doesn't even look human.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Honestly without researching Bunning's previous voting record I agreed that his move was sickening. With a little more research I can respect his objections...I still don't agree...but I understand the dilemma he must have had with himself. I guess I can say I hope the other Senators follow the law and find spending programs already allocated to take the money from. And if Bunning objects after that...then I'll jump back on the criticizing band wagon.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, with my attitude towards self governance and the government at large, I would be hypocritical to go against his move.

That is why on the first thread, in regards to this topic, I took the stance that I did.

I am going to say, that the only things that I FEEL the government should do, will not take a hit. My family and area have always been about self sustaining communities. That is why I returned here when this whole depression began. And I do believe this is a depression. Four quarters of declining GDP is a definition of a depression.

I would still like to go over the information on the 4th quarter numbers that said we had a 5% increase in GDP. No other indicators are matching with that figure. Unemployment went up, sales flatlined even with Cash for Clunkers, Free money for new homes, The housing improvement cash, now the appliance boondoggle.

Especially now that I have seen the REAL unemployment numbers for January and February.

They are still HIDING a lot of stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well he was against Paygo when BUsh was in office....so it kinda blows his whole current argument out of the water. Had we stuck with paygo...maybe the deficit wouldn't be so crazy now eh?

He readily spent on 2 wars as well....didn't protest those at all.

But yes...I am a strong critic of the Federal Reserve and the bank bailouts/wall street bailout...so anyone who is critical of that I agree with. I've actually seen one of those videos already. I spent tons of time criticizing the federal reserve.

This still doesn't change how I feel about what he is doing currently. He could have done this with any bill....after all...this is what Congress does...it SPENDS.

He's being a huge hypocrite and is putting families at risk to prove a point when he could have done it in another way.

And worst of all, this is causing people to trash the unemployed...which quite frankly is despicable and disgusting.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David I am unemployed collecting Tier 2 benefits myself. I agree with you. I also understand that it was the wrong issue to make a point with. I also believe that holding a last minute emergency vote on UI benefits was the wrong thing for any politician to do...and they only want to extend it for 30 days. So next month we will be back to the same thing. Maybe this will only be a temporary thing and all UI benefits will be back dated accordingly.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yeah, this was supposed to be a short term fix to keep it going until they could come up with a better solution. But really, it shouldn't have gotten to this point in the first place.

I hope that you can find work. I hope you don't live in Michigan. It's frickin HORRIBLE here.

When I moved here (Grand Rapids) 3 years ago, there were pages and pages of ads in the employment section of the paper...and it was actually bad then as Michigan has been struggling for a long time.

The last time I actually looked at the employment section in the paper...it was half a page....and most of it was garbage or medical.

It's bad out there. I know some are saying there are jobs out there...but it really depends on where you are in the country. People can no longer drive an hour to work and back...like my father did when he worked in the steel mills in Chicago...and pay the bills as gasoline is far too expensive.

Hang in there Ex. Let's hope against hope that things turnaround.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well I did manage to find work for 3 weeks until I was terminated because the employer thought I was overqualified (that is a nice way of putting it). In tough times not everyone is able to fill the role of the position that is available.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Jim Bunning is a laughingstock around these parts, for liberals and conservatives both. Here are just a few examples of his voting record that I think show that he is just another Neo-Conservative goon.

Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
Voted NO on repealing tax subsidy for companies which move US jobs offshore. (Mar 2005)
Voted YES on increasing penalties for drug offenses. (Nov 1999)
Voted NO on funding smaller classes instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
Voted NO on $3.1B for emergency oil assistance for hurricane-hit areas. (Oct 2005)
Voted NO on banning drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. (Mar 2005)
Voted NO on targeting 100,000 hydrogen-powered vehicles by 2010. (Jun 2003)
Voted YES on defunding renewable and solar energy. (Jun 1999)
Voted NO on reducing oil usage by 40% by 2025 (instead of 5%). (Jun 2005)
Voted NO on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
Voted NO on expanding the Children's Health Insurance Program. (Jan 2009)
Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility. (Nov 2007)
Voted NO on including prescription drugs under Medicare. (Jun 2000)
Voted YES on cutting $221M in benefits to Filipinos who served in WWII US Army. (Apr 2008)
Voted NO on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months. (Jul 2007)
Voted NO on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's wiretap provision. (Dec 2005)
Voted NO on restricting business with entities linked to terrorism. (Jul 2005)
Voted NO on adopting the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on deploying National Missile Defense ASAP. (Mar 1999)
Voted NO on allowing another round of military base closures. (May 1999)
Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on limiting immigrant benefits & controlling borders more tightly. (Sep 1996)
Voted YES on killing an increase in the minimum wage. (Nov 1999)
Voted NO on investigating contract awards in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Nov 2005)
Voted YES on $86 billion for military operations in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Oct 2003)
Voted YES on authorizing use of military force against Iraq. (Oct 2002)
Voted NO on authorizing air strikes in Kosovo. (Mar 1999)
Voted YES on designating Iran's Revolutionary Guards as terrorists. (Sep 2007)

Thank God Bunning is on his way out. Now if we could just get Mitch McConnell outta here we'd be all set here in Kentucky.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Jim Bunning is a laughingstock around these parts, for liberals and conservatives both. Here are just a few examples of his voting record that I think show that he is just another Neo-Conservative goon.

I am not aware that Baseball Hall of Famer, Jim Bunning started off as a liberal? Do you have a link affirming that?

I also see no problem with Bunning's voting record. No sign of liberal tendencies that would connect him with being a former liberal, which would qualify him as a neo-con.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

yeah, I see that too, either way he is completely lying.

top topics

join