It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirrors and The Spirit World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i have heard from people over years about Mirrors warding off bad Spirits and thought this might make a good discussion. some tenants of mine had them in every room. they were from Purto Rico and this is the 1st time i heard about this. we had a couple Mirrors from an APt. somebody was moving from that they left and as if they did not have enough they wanted these ones as well. heck i thought 20 mirrors in 1 hoiuse was plenty but its something they really were fearfull of, not having enough mirrors to ward off spirits.i thought i read or heard something from another culture i cant recal that used Mirrors to conjure Spirits though?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Last time i looked in a mirror i didnt see any spirits... Just me.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
mirrors and the myths

I know what your talking about, spirits etc. can use them to contact the living and scrying with the use of mirrors has been known, you need to take what you want from it though, as for warding off bad Spirits?? dunno to be honest, I would imagine it differs from country to country and their myths...

scrying with mirrors

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hope this doesnt sound as insane as I think it will.

A fw years back I lived alone in an apartment with 2 cats, Jimmy(after Jimmy Page) and Bob (after Robert Plant). I had a cheapo full length mirror, you know the target brand kind that looks like a funhouse mirror if its not sitting perfectly straight?

Well, Jimmy was tortured by someone in the area. No idea who, but someone nailed one of his paws to a board, and fed him some sort of poison. He didnt make it very long.

After Jimmy died, Bob became obsessed with the crappy mirror. He would stare at it for hours. he would look behind it, all around it, like he was trying to figure out how to get inside.

Now, after Jimmy was tortured, I stopped letting my other one go outside. Just seemed like common sense.

I came home from work one day, maybe a month after Jimmy died, and Bob was just gone. No open windows or doors, no place for him to hide left unchecked, he was just gone.

I lived in that apt for around 9 months after that, and never saw him again. To this day, I am convinced it had something to do with that mirror.

Yup, I was right, that sounds friggin crazy

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Too bad you didn't have a cam setup we could have learned how to walk through mirrors.
Sorry about your cats. Its terrible that someone would do that.
I know mirrors can be used to see things like your past faces etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Funny you post this because just yesterday i was reading alot about reptilians and how ppl actually think they are really politicians in disguise and this and that, (not saying its not true) and for some reason at the end of the article it said next time u look into a mirror really try to see who u r looking at. so i did. and i realized that as i look at my face i am constantly looking around my face trying to see something different. but when i look into my eyes i cant stop staring at them, as if there is something more to it. as if i keep staring longer i would eventually see something different. it was strange i have never done that before. then i got this wierd feeling like i wasnt in my room anymore so i snapped out of it *Snip* hahahahaha true story!

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Drug Reference

[edit on 3/2/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i dont believe your story. i dont kno about you but the rest of the world dont find it very funny to lose a pet. ESPECIALLY when u lose it like that. Normal ppl would want answers, not laugh about it like it was nothing.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your eyes windows to the soul.
Look long enough you'll realize your reflection has been trying to scream at you for the longest time.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli

i dont believe your story. i dont kno about you but the rest of the world dont find it very funny to lose a pet. ESPECIALLY when u lose it like that. Normal ppl would want answers, not laugh about it like it was nothing.

1)I dont care if you believe it or not.
2)It was DEVASTATING to have this happen, especially the one that was tortured.
3) I really dont appreciate the insinuation that I was laughing at the loss of my pets. Its quite obvious, to anyone with half a brain, that I was laughing at myself, not the situation.

Keep your asinine, accusatory comments to yourself, *******.

Edit to remove the VERY well deserved name that I called you.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have heard stories about out of body experiences where people have projected out of their body into the "real-time zone"(like this world but wrapped in gray(?)), from this point on they could access the astral world through mirrors. I don't know a lot about this myself since I've only had an OBE once randomly while meditating, so maybe someone that's a little bit more experienced could elaborate further.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli

Normal ppl would want answers, not laugh about it like it was nothing.

And for the record, you have no idea how long i searched for answers on this. You have no idea how much this consumed me when it happened.

You are disgusting.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I use mirrors for scrying because it is easier for me than crystal or water. I see images and spirits fairly easily this way if not the regular way. This is why I don't sleep with mirrors facing me lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i dont like mirrors , i have always been scared of them... i always think someone is watching me from behind the curtains or the crack of an open door....i never dare look in one at night because of the bad feeling i get from passing it....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There have been extensive threads here on mirror before but to me mirrors are more like portals than warding them off.

I have protection on all of my mirrors to keep them out.

In the occult world there was an exercise done with mirrors.
You needed a new mirror never used, then at midnight with only candle light you were to look into it to see your other selves. Spooky, I never tried it.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerra
I use mirrors for scrying because it is easier for me than crystal or water. I see images and spirits fairly easily this way if not the regular way. This is why I don't sleep with mirrors facing me lol.
I have the same problem with sleeping near mirrors. I have no idea why though. Any clues?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[edit on 2-3-2010 by bookreader]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Here is one take on it.

horoscopes.aol.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In my personal experience various kinds of mirrors, or, more appropriately, reflective surfaces have various uses in spiritual/religious literature.

In medieval magic (witchcraft and sorcery) a mirror painted black may summon a spirit in necromancy. A simple crystal ball or mirror may be used to see one's future through scrying, and a regular every day mirror may be used when summoning ghosts and phantasms. Water, like a reflection pool, can also be used for scrying, same as the medieval crystal ball.

In more ritualistic senses a mirror can be used in exorcism, or in binding a spiritual entity. I was taught that when a demonic entity sees it's reflection in a mirror it can be trapped. On the same hand, breaking a mirror can release any negative entities trapped inside of it. This, I always assumed, was one explanation for why breaking a mirror was 7 years of bad luck.

Well, that's what I can offer. Interesting to read what others have been saying though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You will notice a lot of shaman wear mirrors on their clothes.
I was instructed to always wear a mirror if I were going to talk with spirits. The really evil spirits do not like to see their reflection.

Now I am not sure if it is because they look and see their evil countenance, or if it is because they look and see nothing at all, and can't stand it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Mirrors are NOT conduits for spirits. They can be however, a doorway to the spirit world if specifically charged to do so- by incantation, spell, etc.

I wouldnt worry about your typical house mirrors. Mirrors from another person however, can still have an open portal so becareful. To close the portals, simply use a candle and with its smoke, with a sign of the cross or pentagram (which ever you prefer) say "I close this portal, and that nothing may enter, leave, or peer into my world"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join