It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France and Russia forge alliance with gas, warship deals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Dermo, on the Ship building side, you do know the Spanish, French and Dutch ship yards where all competing for this contract.. (this was pointed out to me by my French Friends in the French press, not seem any mention this side of the channel)

So if that is true, then it really isn't a French issue.. I do wonder what the headlines would have read if the Spanish or Dutch had got the contract.. Or if it would have been mentioned, tho the reciprical Gas deal did secure the ship building deal for France (at least that is why I think they won the contract)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That actually makes it even more interesting, it shows a warming to relations with Russia by all of those states if they are allowing their companies to bid for building weapons.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, I thought it might be usefull to add this to the debate:
magic.economist.com...

Senator John McCain led a noisy campaign against what he called corporate welfare for Boeing. The 767 was seen as coming to the end of its commercial life and the leasing deal would have helped to keep a production line open. The Congressional Budget Office agreed with the senator that America’s air force could do better. After a scandal involving conflicts of interest and the hiring of a Pentagon procurement official by Boeing, the original lease deal was dropped by congress in 2004. Two Boeing executives were jailed and its chief executive, Phil Condit, resigned.
In 2006 the Pentagon restarted the process, and in February 2008 the Northrop-EADS bid was named the winner.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously its been going on for a long time, but the resolution has come at a suspicious moment...

<< 1   >>

join