It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody please help?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Having read this post a few times it is sad that there are 'Trolls' who have so much time on their hands that they can only make up stories about the masons. They should get help for their problems and soon.

Brother Gerard

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hope4me,
fear of the unknown may indeed be a motivating factor, and while you
can gain a great deal of knowledge here and at the places that have been
suggested. The answers that you are looking for WILL NOT be found here.
The only way you are going to find those answers is to embark on the most
difficult journey you will ever take, and a journeythat may take the rest of your life. that is the journey within yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If the first post is legit...

She grew up JW...I understand some of what she may be feeling. I grew up Pentecostal (Assembly of God)

If you grow up within Fundamentalism - you are taught that the Masons take oaths denying the deity of Christ and that you are aligning yoruself with unbelievers.

So with these injunctions there will be some fear involved. I am thinking about joinint the Masons and to this day at age 36 I still have some injunctions hovering around in the back of my head that I am dealing with.

Talk about secret society - FUNDAMENTALISM!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Leveller, we seem to have a large difference of opinion that I don't think will ever be resolved. Frankly, I have given ample proof that I am not one of these so called trollers or whatever you call them. You keep egging it on even though I have made my apologies to those that I offended. If you want to persist in saying that I am someone other than who I really am then feel free to send me a user to user post and I will happily disclose to you who I am and direct you to a link to prove who I am. Either accept that I really am Lori and stop with the suspicions or send me the post so that you may have your proof. If I was really Anti Masonic then I would find better ways of casting aspersions against the Masons than asking for help in understanding them. My only reasons for refusing to publically disclose the proof on this site is that there is always a chance that word could get around to other members of my husband's lodge and draw negative attention to him. I will not do that to him. As it is, if a few members of his lodge ever saw this whole thread, they would immediately know who I was from posting about my religious upbringing. Leveller, you knocked me hard and I truly understand why when you felt I was disrepecting the vows that you took with your wife with God's blessing. If you would stop and think about it for a minute, maybe you could understand why I felt that the Mason's were disrespecting those same vows that I took with my husband under God. That was why I came here, seeking answers. I freely admit that I took my anger and confusion out on you all by those harsh things that I said and once again I apologize for doing that. It's like all those people who find it funny to make cop jokes about donuts. They think each time they say it...that we've never heard it before. So, yes, I understand that I was beyond stupid and I royally got what I deserved from you all. I admit I still don't fully understand all the reasoning behind removing the wedding ring and I never will because I am not taking part in the Masonic practice/teaching or whatever is the correct thing to call it. I am still very interested in learning more about Masonry and the origins behind it but I'm no longer looking for things that would give me an explanation for why I felt it was so evil before. Now, it's more like genuine interest in understanding it.

Someone made the comment that I would only find the answers by looking within myself. I wish I knew how to do that because I feel I am so totally mixed up religion wise that I don't know what to really believe in. The comment about the pentecostal still having some things that stick with him years after being in that religion hit the nail on the head. There are things that do stick with you whether you like it or not.

I won't be posting here any longer which I'm sure will be a relief to many.
I'll take my search for answers elsewhere as was suggested to me. I am still willing to provide to Leveller the proof of who I really am because I think it's only fair to prove once and for all that I'm not some troller. Again, my thanks for the interesting time.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
hope4me, really though, and I still hold some doupts myself that your are for reel, but I have moved past that, if you are a troll I guess I got a little dopped. I'm tired of arguing that.

You don't understand how much these trolls go into this. You haven't given any real proof, expect to say your have a first name, you raise dogs and you have 3 kids, and live in Ill.. Which might be true, but I have 3 kids also, my name is Mike, I like riding bikes, and although I am very uncoordinated I like to play racket-ball. And I'm 34 years old, living in Nevada.

Well not really, I have 2 kids, my name isn't Mike, I don't own a bike, I am very coordinated (ex-college football player) but I do like to play racket-ball, but it's been 5 years since I'v played. Oh and I'm not 34, I'm 28, and I live in California.

Now the second discription of myself is true, but which did I really prove? Words are words, can't "prove" anything here just by saying it.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sorry for the second post but it really is to address two different items.

Someone made the comment that I would only find the answers by looking within myself. I wish I knew how to do that because I feel I am so totally mixed up religion wise that I don't know what to really believe in. The comment about the pentecostal still having some things that stick with him years after being in that religion hit the nail on the head. There are things that do stick with you whether you like it or not.
Understood, but being an adult, also means to be able to rationally sit back and assess what is real, and what is "baggage".

I come from a very physically abusive family, when I was young. When someone gets physical with me know, I automatically feel like I was 5 years old and helpless, but the next second I realise I am not and that I can defend myself, so I use to lash back.

So being an adult I had to look at this, 1. is the person being physical abusing me? Yes. Am I five and helpless? No. That means I can remove myself from that situation 2. Do I need to react in a way that will get me into trouble, or cause me to do things that I will regret? No. It is my choice as an adult to take in the situation, assess it, and re-act in a respondsable and mature way, that will help the situation for me and the others involved.

A preconditioned response is fine as a first reaction, however, once you have time to think about it further, and find it wrong, it is rediculious to continue that thought process.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am a Master Mason and a 32nd degree Mason. I am a fundamentalist Christian.

There is nothing in Masonry that conflicts with one's religion in any way. The principal purpose of masonry is charity and helping others.

As for your husband being a police officer - In the lodge I belong, the single most represented profession is that of law enforcement. All are religious men. In fact, an atheist is specifically barred from becoming a Mason, and the fraternity has some cleverly established ways of sorting out those who might claim not to be an atheist but in fact are - before they become Master Masons.

I would be glad to answer any questions you might have if you wish to write.

My website is www.onealclan.com and an e-mail link is posted therein.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hope4me
My only reasons for refusing to publically disclose the proof on this site is that there is always a chance that word could get around to other members of my husband's lodge and draw negative attention to him. I will not do that to him. As it is, if a few members of his lodge ever saw this whole thread, they would immediately know who I was from posting about my religious upbringing.

This where where you confuse me, hope4me. If you were truly concerned, it seems you would not have posted here. How do you know whether members of your husbands post here or not...or perhaps they only lurk.
I, too, could provide personal information, but who would know if any of it were the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join