It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Council Convened in Damascus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Abu Dhabi Media website The National has disclosed some rather disturbing news about peace "prospects" in the middle east. It appears this past Friday saw a war council convene in Damascus, between Syrian president Bashar al Assad, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Hizbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah to "devise counterattack plans and assign tasks in the event of an Israeli offensive on one or all parties, wrote Abdelbari Atwan, the editor-in-chief of the pan-Arab newspaper Al Quds al Arabi." And more troublingly, "the Iranian president said he expects war to break out somewhere between spring and summer of this year. Meanwhile, the Hizbollah chief vowed to strike the Israeli capital, its airports and power stations if Israel dared to attack Beirut’s critical infrastructure."Let's recall that Goldman's most recent 2010 and 2011 WTI estimates call for prices to rise to $90 and $110/bbl, respectively.

Interesting developments, I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of forecasters have been saying march is the month for an Israeli assault due to the weather. Perhaps the "Arab" (they aren't all arabs, I don't like to use that term) nations have finally figured out they are better off supporting each other?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nice find, and another piece of the puzzle that is nearing completion, so it seems.

The PTB sure are trying hard to fulfill all the prophesies, and did anyone catch the anglo-saxon mission whistleblower on PC? There's another piece of this puzzle and real or fake, is worth a glance.
projectcamelot.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Now might be a good time to invest in oil. But it sounds like it is going to happen and they are preparing on both sides.

Gas mask

being handed out in Israel

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I find myself wondering about the "Abu Dhabi Media website The National".

Is it journalism? Is it propaganda?

I can't say and won't guess either way. Most of us needn't be told that tensions are high between these traditionally tribal cultures.

But it seems counterproductive to me to reveal strategic alliances and their plans to a potential enemy audience... unless the point is to disinform. But then, what do I know? I just want peace.... silly me.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Apparently, the alliances are taking place regarding the ever elusive conflict in the Middle East; that has been kicked around for years by the world powers? Here is a thread I recently started that ties into this meeting between the major powers in the Middle East: Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, I think the tone of the meeting is still rather unknown at least according to the article I have seen. It may be a war party conference, or rather mundane topics like diplomatic dialogue, economic cooperation, and other mundane political topics?

Hassan Nasrallah attended a dinner banquet in Damascus Thursday hosted by President Bashar al-Assad in honour of his visiting Iranian counterpart, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the official agency said without giving further details.

But Hezbollah's Al-Manar television in Lebanon reported that Nasrallah and Ahmadinejad met to discuss "the latest developments in the region, and Zionist threats against Lebanon and Syria.

news.yahoo.com...

So, the official statement encompasses few details. The last remarks by Hezbollah is just more spewing of hot air aimed toward Israel. In regard to Hezbollah, that is rather routine and expected. However, I am concerned about the lack of information in the official statement. Perhaps, preparations are being put in place for when the guns are taken off safety, and the Middle East becomes a shooting gallery. I am watching all of this very closely, because it seems the fireworks may start very soon?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

UPDATE:
The National

The article from The National.

The three-party meeting that took place in Damascus on Friday gathering the Syrian president Bashar al Assad, the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Hizbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah was a war council to devise counterattack plans and assign tasks in the event of an Israeli offensive on one or all parties, wrote Abdelbari Atwan, the editor-in-chief of the pan-Arab newspaper Al Quds al Arabi. “The timing of the meeting, the way it was undertaken and the ensuing press conference that was held at its conclusion, all point to a strategic coalition being reinforced. This is the build-up of a new front that will spearhead the confrontation with the US-Israeli alliance and whichever Arab countries that may, expressly or implicitly, be affiliated with it.” The Iranian president said he expects war to break out somewhere between spring and summer of this year. Meanwhile, the Hizbollah chief vowed to strike the Israeli capital, its airports and power stations if Israel dared to attack Beirut’s critical infrastructure.

This appears to be a media outlet from the UAE. It's legit. It would appear the Iranians are expecting the strike in May.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This could be, just more missile transactions again, If Iran does have a nuke, # could hit the fan. Israel most assuredly does have nukes, but it only takes 1 or a couple and that will be that for both parties. This could be cold war tactics, were one party says you atack there we will atack there, you have a big gun I have a big gun. It could just be more politics and hot air thill they come to some sort of bargain.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Iran would NEVER attack Israel with a nuke because they know if they do that they are history. According to wikipedia Israel has 80 nukes. If it is confirmed that Iran already has a nuke or is just about to have one then we may see a cold war style event.

Could you imagine a cold war where the two key players are Israel and Iran, which would involve the EU,US,Russia,China and almost everyone else? Wouldn't that be a weird turn of events?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I say let them do whatever they want and worry abouth our problems, USA has way to many problems to wory over silly shint like this, Hey if they wana blow eachother into the stone age, thats there choice. But they won't its just more politics.

top topics

join