It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurosceptic UKIP MEP Nigel Farage faces reprimand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The Eurosceptic MEP Nigel Farage is expected to be disciplined by the president of the European Parliament over a tirade he delivered last week.

The leader of Britain's UKIP MEPs said after a meeting with Parliament head Jerzy Buzek he would not apologise and expected to be suspended.

Nick Farage made a few comments to the new President of the European Council, erman Van Rompuy.

He said that he had "the charisma of a damp rag" and the appearance of a "low-grade bank clerk". He asked "who are you?" and commented that everyone in the UK was asking the same thing.

When asked live on BBC news if he would apologise he commented that he would gladly apologise to any bank clerks that he had offended.

So now he will more than likely be suspended for speaking the truth.

The EU is set to kill freedoms across Europe. The UKIP may be swinging me towards them for the EU vote. I have yet to see any other party challenge the EU in such an honest way.

Watch the video and read the full story on the BBC here:

Eurosceptic UKIP MEP Nigel Farage faces reprimand

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow, Is this Rompuy guy the first chess piece of the NWO.

Appointed to his position, no one heard of him (illuminatus?) and now poised to make fundamental decisions that bring Europe under one govt.

I don't know but there is something fishy about that guy and I guess all the others that are on board with him. Poor Nigel Farrage, sucks to be him if he is the sole opposition to this union.

Has anyone done a comprehensive thread on Rompuy?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
So now he will more than likely be suspended for speaking the truth.

You know the way some cultures respect manners yea? And insulting Parliament members while in Parliament without apologizing ALWAYS incurs a punishment yea?

Well if thats the case.. whats the problem? It was a personal attack.. As much as I agree with him, he still insulted someone in a situation where that is not allowed and did not take it back and apologize in Parliament so he deserves to be fined/booted out/suspended or whatever.

It can't be one standard for the UK parliament and another for the EU..

Farage did this as a publicity stunt.. Simple as.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If Farage wanted to question him, perhaps he could have done it with a bit more eloquence than resorting to immature personal insults.

The only thing he's managed to do now is probably get himself suspended.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yup, he could have done it with a lot more decorum. But i still respect him for having the guts to say it. A slap on the wrist, yes. But not worth suspension. However, we'll see how it pans out and how hard they come down on him.

Here's the Wiki on Herman Van Rompuy, the first (unelected) President of the EU:

At a meeting in the Castle of the Valley of the Duchess for a meeting held by Bilderberg group on 12 November 2009, Van Rompuy made a speech about his vision of the European governance. He talked about applying a European Union wide "green"-tax, to cover social security expenses.[18]

On 19 November 2009, Van Rompuy was chosen unanimously by the European Council, at an informal meeting in Brussels, to be the first full-time President of the European Council;[19] for the period of 1 December 2009 (the entry into force of the Treaty of Lisbon) until 31 May 2012. He took up his position officially on 1 January 2010.

Herman Van Rompuy

I am firmly against any kind of 'green taxes' and this was the main focus of Van Rompuy on his speech to the Bilderberg Group. He is well integrated into the NWO and Illuminati and a firm believer of a one world government.

He's previously stated:

2009 is also the first year of global governance with the establishment of the G20 in the middle of a financial crisis; the climate conference in Copenhagen is another step towards the global management of our planet.

So politeness out of the window. Anyone who has the balls to say what he did deserves a round of applause. If only more of those that are paid to represent us had balls like this we'd perhaps not be selling our national sovereignty away to the global elite.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

He insulted all Belgiums by calling Belgium a "Non-Country" which is a kind of immature coment in my mind also. I think such a person really needs to rethink his tactics. Mind you the permanently-yanned Mr Kilroy-Silk was no better.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

More racist propaganda on ATS.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Care to elaborate on that statement?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by Kram09

He insulted all Belgiums by calling Belgium a "Non-Country" which is a kind of immature coment in my mind also. I think such a person really needs to rethink his tactics. Mind you the permanently-yanned Mr Kilroy-Silk was no better.

Yeah agreed that's a low blow and was out of order. I've got a good few Belgian friends from both Brussels and Gent and they are proud of their culture (and their beer!). I bet the Belgians were raging at that one!

@ seethelight - what exactly did you think was racist?

I'm still glad Tony Blair didn't get the presidency, but i am very very skeptical of giving a mostly unknown, unelected man who is in cahoots with the Bilderbergers control of the EU in this way.

Looks like Nick Farage got off with just a £2,700 fine (to be deducted from his allowances). So a slap on the wrist it was.

Nigel Farage fined after Herman Van Rompuy slur

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Farage puts his foot in his mouth more often than he should. But that shouldn't negate the fact that he shines light on to topics that the public wouldn't even know about otherwise. If he has to throw a few insults in the mix to get noticed then so be it imo. The cause is just, even if he is a one trick pony.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Nick Farage is one of the few MEP's who has the respect of the ordinary Brit.
This is because he speaks his mind and speaks out against the grossly corrupt entity that is the EU.
The EU is being illegally enforced upon the UK and the vast majority of us resent this.

However, having said that, I would suggest that when he uses more reasoned political debate rather than these childish insults he has far more impact.
I suspect it was merely a publicity stunt to ensure that he stays in the public eye.
A shame really.

new topics

top topics

join