It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cloud in Chile on 26th February 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I was thinking the same thing; the trees look rendered. Since there's not really any reason to fake this though, I think it's probably a trick of the light.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Hi gwydionblack, you must have seen my mention of seeing an earthquake cloud years ago on my first thread if you only saw mention of it once before; but the fact is earthquake clouds have been seen many times through the centuries and they are ring shaped. Pilots have mentioned seeing them many times and in the book "When Snakes Awake" stories of earthquake clouds are mentioned, and that book was written in the 1970's I believe.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You people are nuts.

I understand that this is a conspiracy site, but haven't any of you ever looked at the clouds every once in a while when the sun was setting?

I see clouds like that at least once a month... they can be in any shape, in any number, and the coloring can be sporadic - not every cloud in the sky has to be lit like that...

This is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I believe in 'earthquake lights' and earth lights', and there are some great youtube videos of strange coloured clouds at earthquake locations.

As for the video, being a film-maker and a digital effects artist I'd say it's looks rather strange. A bit too 'clean' and perfect. It's a brilliantly composed shot, yet the camera angle and camera lens set up feels 'wrong'. Plus I would expect to see some sort of haze/ insects/ dust/ atmosphere in the air.

The lighting seems strange... there seems to be a strong light to the right of the scene, lighting the trees and casting a strangely black shadow of the car on the rubbish bins as it goes past.
Shadows seem to be the give-away as none of them make sense.

Also the right hand side metalwork of the car portrays the beautiful sky (which is behind the car) and not the trees/overhang that we can see in the top left of the shot.

And lastly the motion blur on the car itself seems fake, the blur as the headlights go by seems like a 'soft' blur, like a slow shutter, where-as the back end of the car had a fast-shutter blur.

I would agree with everyone that says it reminds them of a video game and suggest its a high end piece of CGI. The give-away for me is the car shadow on the bins... its very un-real and makes no-sense.

Reminds me (in style and technique) of the excellent Haiti fake UFO footage.
So maybe BARZOLFF814 (who started the Haiti UFO hoax) did it.

This superb clip tells the story of the man's hoax and the people who wanted to believe, very amusing and very relevant to ATS methinks...

My last point on the 'earthquake cloud' video is that, weirdly, for me, the 'realest' thing about it is the clouds themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Those arent actually earthquake lights, thats actually a circumhorizontal arc, a halo effect, or another atmospheric optical effect known as iridescence

The lights that are seen with earthquakes are usually a white, red or bluish flash or glow. They are on the most part more dim and a quite brief. This is what happened in Chile

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw my two cents worth of observation in on the video.

This isn't Chile, this is a street in a subdivision in Just About Anywhere, USA.

Nothing about the video is fake!

The original point of the video, for what ever reason, is the guy wanted to tape his black car (which appears to be a Toyota, maybe a Hyundai). The cloud was merely a "right place, right time" thing, or luck, as some would call it.

Let's analyze:

You can hear him walk away from the camera, 00:17 you hear him close the car door, 00:20 mark he cranks the car. At 00:26 he turns the car radio off and at 00:34 you can clearly hear the car accelerate out of what I assume is his drive-way.

He brakes swiftly but briefly in front of the camera then drives out of range of the camera at the 00:50 mark then returns into camera view at the 01:20 mark, then pulls back in the drive-way. At the 01:38 mark you hear the car door close, 01:40 alarm is engaged, 01:45 foot-steps back over to the camera.

Side note: from 02:00 to about 02:06 you can see 2 American tree squirrels running down the tree in the middle of the frame. Not sure if American tree squirrels are thriving in Chile or not.

Another poster mentioned the Robins and their spring time mating tweets... Pretty sure those squirrels weren't playing tag right there.

Yeah BillHillGarden on youtube, you sir...well you already know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join