It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court to hear gun control issue.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Registration has zero effect on crime.

Registration is nothing more than government knowing who owns what guns, which they have no need to know.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

You have to fill out paperwork when you buy any gun.
Trust me,they already know what type of gun you have.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

4473's are destroyed after a certain period of time.

No reason exists to defend the freedom infringing idea of firearm registration.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I disagree. While I believe that the government should have no reason to keep people from having guns. I do think that it is the responsibility of both the gun owner, and the government to keep tabs on firearms in the public.

Gun registration in no way shape or form infringes on your right to keep and bear arms.

Just as cars are registered to the owner, firearms should also be registered to the owner.

For an example, if your firearm was stolen, you could contact the police, if your gun is registered to you, this would go a long way in clearing your name for any crime that gun is used in. If they find the culprit, not only will that criminal be liable for the crime he did commit with your firearm, but would also be liable for the theft of that firearm from your property.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I never thought i would say this to you WhatUkno but you and i almost agree on something 100%.

In regards to the post to which i am replying...

Ok i agree with your logic here. But how would we prevent the government from using the database for nefarious means? You must realize that they could use this list to go house to house to disarm the public. even if we implemented some sort of privacy system that is only accessible in the event of an actual crime. The gov will still know who owns what and where they live.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

How do you prevent the government from going around and taking your car as they see fit? Your car is registered. But amazingly enough, they aren't going house to house taking your car now are they?

I am talking reality here, not the speculation that the government is hell bent on taking every gun away from our citizens. Because frankly, if they really were intent on that, they would have done that a long time ago.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
you saw the news when katrina hit?? the police went house to house taking guns away from the legal owners.

there was this 70 year lady that a cop tackled and took her gun away. she was in her own home minding her own business and because of a "naural disaster" they deemed it too dangerous.....

so yes gun registration is a bad idea.

on a whim local of federal can ucerpt a power and take something away from your guaranteed by the us constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join