It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri to issue terrorism fatwa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Dr Tahir ul-Qadri, from Pakistan, says his 600-page judgement, known as a fatwa, completely dismantles al-Qaeda's violent ideology. The scholar describes al-Qaeda as an "old evil with a new name" which has not been sufficiently challenged.

In his religious ruling, Dr Qadri says that Islam forbids the massacre of innocent citizens and suicide bombings.

Link

Well what can I say? Praise Dr Tahir ul-Qadri!!! It's absolutely fantastic to see a muslim with a position of authority talking sense with regards to religion and the al-Qaeda!

With idiots like Abu Hamza being allowed to spout their non-sense and hate on the streets of London due to our pathetic political correctness policies its a breath of fresh air to see someone do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah it's good to see this!

It's a shame no one else has commented yet. I imagine that if this post was about the scholar agreeing with Al-Qaeda, then it would have loads of comments and people criticizing Islam and saying how outrageous it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Yeah it's good to see this!

It's a shame no one else has commented yet. I imagine that if this post was about the scholar agreeing with Al-Qaeda, then it would have loads of comments and people criticizing Islam and saying how outrageous it is.

Yeah, I do think its funny that no-one else has commented on this article, speaks volume's I suppose...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hopefully it's the start of a bigger movement.. One can only hope.

Then again, he is speaking from a western, first world country. Much of the anger at the west is not solely due to religious differences, but economic and social. The religious differences just act as a catalyst for anger at these other issues.

I am still hopeful, but my cynical side says that his will be the only voice that speaks out.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm very glad to see this.
I still don't like religions but at least this is stepping in a good direction.
now just to hope it helps things.

new topics

top topics

join