It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Box - Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hi guys

I appologise if I have put this thread in the wrong place.

Last night I watch the box and thought it was really good.

I think you guys should have a look.

Norma and Arthur Lewis, a suburban couple with a young child, receive a simple wooden box as a gift, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger, delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. But, pressing this button will simultaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world; someone they don't know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their possession, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the cross-hairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity.

What the summery doesnt say is that Mr Lewis works for NASA which has a huge bearing on the story.

www.imdb.com...

I would like to hear your thoughts about the film, or any part of it that raises a discusion.

Gareth

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I was pretty eager to see this film. The twilight zone episode that was based on the same short story was one of my favorites. I think Kelly was reaching too far on this one. I was both disappointed and entertained but ultimately, let down. It was an ok movie and had some cool references to life on Mars and all but overall I felt like it was an hour too long. That is just me though and I am certain that part of holding it up to something I had held dear for so long played a part in my disappointment. The original story was really good just the way it was.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The movie was complete rubbish. The plot just sort of drags on endlessly as if towards some grand conclusion that never actually happens. If I could get away with it, I'd sue and ask for my 2 hours of life back. This is up there on my worst films ever short list along side The Man From Earth (anther visual and mental sedative).

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Unfortunately I have to agree with fumanchu in some regards. It left me very unsatisfied at the end of the film. The idea and story is a very intriguing one, I just think they executed it poorly.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm afraid I'd have to agree to a point.

See I didn't watch the whole movie. :/ As soon as I figured out the plot, about 10-15 minutes in, it became boring or more mundane than anything.

Suddenly, I had chores to do.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My wife brought home the movie last weekend so I had no expectations having not heard of the movie before and only vaguely remembering the twilight zone episode after she mentioned that to me. Hey, I gave it a thumbs up. Of course I had a fever and was sick all weekend but I liked it.

The looking glass technology that was shown but not really spoken of was cool and I didn't and wouldn't like the minions of brainwashed following me either. Again, I was kind of sick last weekend but .
from me.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My thoughts too.

I like the referances to NSA, NASA, looking glass and type of stargate

my thought that steward may have been a german scientist brought over from the second world war.

All I can say is, imagine being in the situation with all them people watching. And how many people would push the button?

All said and done, if a guy turned up at my house with a face like that I would be asking a lot more questions.

Gareth

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

[edit on 3/10/10 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I liked the movie. It was intriguing to me. I wonder why it was set in 1976 and not now. I know the guy worked for NASA and worked on the Mars project. But what I wonder, maybe foolishly, is why did the whole thing happen with the lightning striking the guy? Why did it happen then, was it because we got too close to a truth or what? I hope I don't sound like an idiot asking these things. I just didn't understand a lot of it. So aliens were testing our morality? That's what I got from it.

I'm gonna watch it again, I just saw it night before last. I realize that the few people who responded to this thread sound like it was awful and so predictable and stupid, but really I didn't find the movie all that bad.

new topics

top topics

join