It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cannot stop the terrorist threat if you are unable to profile it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Looks like they are now trying to officially condone in the courts all of the profiling they have been doing, and pushing for more tolerance away from the law so that they can do what they want in the future. And here’s me thinking Tony Blair was there to explain his mistake!

Don’t get me wrong, I think information should be collected on the right people in order to stop genuine terrorist threats; however I feel that they are trying to pass-off false flag operations as genuine terrorist attacks.

9/11 was an inside job, and so were the London bombings. They were staged so that public support would be there for the secret governments of the 2 most powerful western nations could begin to invade the Middle East.

We should stop all of this war nonsense and start loving each other instead. Let’s be honest, it is standing in the way of progress for the human race and these people that are secretly running the show are ruining the future for everyone. If only I could find a magic lamp, I could wish them gone from the face of our beloved earth, and we could start over.

Slice from the article:

"Now switch to Britain. One leading Muslim networker here is a man called Azad Ali. He was until this month the president of the Civil Service Islamic Society (he works at the Treasury). He is chairman of the Muslim Council of Britain’s membership committee, and on the council of the civil liberties organisation, Liberty. He sits on a Whitehall body advising the Director of Public Prosecutions about counter-terrorism and is treasurer of the Muslim Safety Forum, which has an official role in trying to oversee police dealings with Muslims.

In his blog – written, by coincidence, exactly a year before the Fort Hood massacre – Azad Ali described Imam al Awlaki as “one of my favourite speakers… I really do love him for the sake of Allah”. On another occasion, he blogged in favour of a man who argued that it was a duty under jihad to kill British and American troops in Iraq. This week, Azad Ali lost a libel action against a newspaper which had highlighted his words. His case had an “absence of reality”, said the judge. But still Azad Ali is in the Treasury, in the MCB, on the council of Liberty and giving his views about police behaviour in the Muslim Safety Forum."

Link:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

The problem with profiling is that it's so very easy to defeat. Once defeated, it ends up wasting resources that could actually be used to fight terrorism. Just as if at airports only people from the middle east were scanned, to speed up non-middle-easterners going through, the terrorists would simply start to use non-middle-easterners, and they'd pass through the scanners untouched, killing a bunch of folks. If they just scan everyone, that'd not happen.

Obviously a simplistic analogy, but you seem to be missing the basics

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yes that is a very simplistic analagy I agree. Not really what I was talking about. I was more interested in them using the staged attacks as examples and scapegoats to explain what they have been doing and what they now will be doing. I really don't care if they scan everyone at airports, it's the data mining and unethical power-grab behind the scenes that worries me...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The cheapest and easiest way to stop a terrorist is to not give him a reason.

new topics

top topics

join