It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bands/Albums You Used To Love, But Now Can't Bear To Hear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm guessing we've all done it; bought an album that takes pride of place in your collection, raved about it, enjoyed playing it endlessly...an then a few years (or even months) later, for some reason this once treasured album has been not only forgotten, but relegated to bottom of a drawer somewhere. Not only that, but also when a once cherieshed song from said album comes on your mp3 player, it is quickly skipped, because, frankly you can't stand the sound of it!

A couple of mine are as follows: -

Cast
I was a 90's kid and britpop was my 'scene'. Cast were a quintesential britpop rock band; some lads with guitars, with jangly mid-tempo tunes, and bolstered by the credibility of having ex La's man John Powers in their ranks.
Nowadays, their music just seems so formulaic and dated. The lyrics are so appallingly hackneyed and poor. As a result, my Cast albums have gathered a layer of dust as thick as an antarctic ice sheet...probably.

The Darkness
The Darkness were always poor, but they had novelty on their side. It was fun to blast out "I believe in a thing called love" or "Get your hands of my woman, motherf-" in the summer of 2003...now those once fun tunes are just plain annoying. It was always going to happen, and it happened quickly; frivolity turned to tedium, and the novelty wore off quicker than my T-shirt sun tan from said summer.

So, what are your bands you used to love, but now can't listen to? What made them an attractive prospect in the first place? Why can't you bear to hear them now?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I agree on both there, though I can still listen to the odd songs by both!

I grew up loving blink 182, and still love the music as cheesy and aimed at teens as some of it is, but I get funny grunts from people whenever they find out. So yeah that gets kinda embarrasing but heck I love them still!

new topics

join