It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender

Originally posted by manna2
www.youtube.com.../c/514C920386902232/0/wQIuBxw20Q8

This is my first post here at ats but I feel this is too important to let go.
Ken Klein is about to release the entities he has filmed at New Orleans.
There is a TREMENDOUS mount of activity going on there

About to release? I'm sure he means about to make available for purchase on his rediculous website.

Hes all about making a buck.

Sorry for the redundant post as I now see someone else posted of this coast-coast interview.

And I could be mistaken but Klein has stated he will send it to anyone who sends him an e-mail, I could be wrong though... Everyone needs to feed and clothe themselves.
We cannot rely only on amateur investigators or those that bow to Murdoch for a paycheck to get our news and info today. "Do not muzzle the ox while working".A discerning mind and spirit is essential to navigate through this crazy world that has opened up to us in recent years

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know, creepy stories are very entertaining to read on ATS. During the day that is. I'm glad I stumbled upon this story when the sun is high in the sky.

That is one messed up story guy. If I have any advice, it's to be more aware, more alert, and to possibly arm yourself. Since you're not allowed to have guns on that particular campus (and if you're not used to shooting a gun, you could hurt yourself or some innocent bystander), look around for some very powerful MACE or good old fashioned peppery spray. 9 times out of 10 that crap will stop someone in their tracks, long enough for you to get the upper hand in a physical confrontation. The only time it wont work is if you use it on some deranged lunatic who's oblivious to pain due to rage or PCP, or some other drug.

I can personally attest to pepper spray. I had to use it one night, against my will (nothing serious, bar confrontation, It was two on one, and it wasn't fair).

Anyway, fascinating story. This one really got my attention. If it's not paranormal activity, it's obviously some nutball. So just be careful, and stay vigilant. Good luck.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Manwin]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Crazy

Take some pictures from your balcony etc. and in the pkg lot going up to your balcony and post them on here. Would be interesting to see what you are.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Grim Reaper?

Myrtle's Plantation is about 30 miles N. of Baton Rouge and was built on top of Native American (Tunicas) buirial grounds. Plenty of paranormal activity reported there....

Honestly, unless you find this entity in your home again, I wouldn't provoke it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is probly just a case of a conspiracy minded young man making something out of nothing.

Ya know, if I looked out my appartment window and saw a creepy guy crouching down between cars, I would call the police, grab my knife, and confront the theiving bastard.

Spend too much time thinking about aliens/demons/conspiracys, and you just might mistake a tall petty theif for an otherworldy entity...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Blender]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but...

Not only is this story unbelievable, but the responses to it are kind of disheartening...

I've pretty much stopped coming to ATS because of nonsense like this...

Someone's been watching too many scary movies, and for people to even respond and flag this thread is a saddening thing...

I don't know where to begin with picking apart this story, but upon first read, even I noticed the OP says "last night" and then the very next paragraph states "the next night"...

Fantasy and reality should not be intermingled, and you're walking on dangerous ground when you do...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I normally don't post here...especially about stories like these....but this one def caught my attention. Ill def be monitoring this thread closely.

I wouldn't know what to do honestly...just be safe is all i can say.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

screw this... take that good old baseball bat, hit first and ask questions later... There's plenty of thieves where I live and i can get pizza delivered faster than cops here... got 2 baseball in here... 1 hidden behind the main door the other next to my bed they are the brothers I've never had... these babies never let me down... And sure scared the # out of a couple of aspiring thieves... But I guess when you see a crazy bastard running at you in underwear with a baseball bat and a evil grin would make lots of wannabe thieves run...

No kidding it does sound like an odd story man, could be some people trying to scare the # out of you guys... but I wouldn't take any chance... Also I know from personal experience experimented thieves NEVER steal on the first night... they go at least 2-3 times they check the field learn it well and the escape routes and check for entrances, valuable stuff they can spot through windows and so on...

I don't have an explanation for the you being/not being at the computer thing man but I'd keep a nightshot cam close to hand and try burning some sage my ancestors used it alot to purify and cleanse it from bad spirits before ceremonies... If its stops for a couple of days and there's no activity you might got yourself a bad/evil or good but curious spirit on ur hand or perhaps something darker... usually pig sounds aren't associated to anything good... HOWEVER don't let yourself be fooled to quickly if you live close to some woods it might be a fox... If you've never heard a fox and a cat fighting TRUST ME it scares the living sick f*** out of anybody the first time I did I though Satan himself was in my backyard...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cris_y2k_se
I normally don't post here...especially about stories like these....but this one def caught my attention. Ill def be monitoring this thread closely.

I wouldn't know what to do honestly...just be safe is all i can say.

After reading it over again, I'm not sure why this thread is catching so much interest. Sure, the title is interesting. However the meat of the story is "a tall guy in a black coat in a parking lot acting suspicious".

Have we here at ATS come to the point where seeing a tall guy in a parking lot wearing a black trench coat is some kind of paranormal event?

Oh, and as far as the terrible sounds you heard the previous night, and the dead cats... Have you ever heard a cat fight? It sounds horrible. It sounds almost exactly how you described. Probly two cats that fought and wound up killing eachother.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
perhaps the skeptics on here have never experienced anything out of the ordinary before, i have. i believe your story... keep us updated

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
here is my take
4 things do come to mind…1 of them being injected into my head by Hollywood…well maybe 2…ehh, here they are:
1. Mothman - something is going to happen in their area - my advice…be prepared.
2. JEEPERS CREEPERS!! Being a fictional character and I use this word loosely - most stories/myths are based on something 'natural' that promotes them to supernatural
3. A doppelganger - in this case, beware of what you do, where you go, etc. Lincoln saw his numerous times before his assassination.
4. A Demon of some kind (joking aside).

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Except for the thing in the parking lot, it sounds like a classic haunting tale. You might want to do some research on the building you live in, and to be more broad; the entire complex (if any of this is true at all). After doing some research, do a spiritual cleansing of the affected rooms, and see what happens. Usually doing something like that will make the haunting worse, but it will lessen the steps to getting rid of the spirit. At some point you'll probably want to call a priest to have him use Christianity to cleanse the apartment for good. It all depends on how old it is, and what kind of spirit you are indeed dealing with. The physical presence leads me to believe that this is potentially a bigger problem, but I don't have much experience other than telling spirits to move on. I've never dealt with any nasty ones though.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
None of my roommates have. Why is that the common explanation for anything on this forum? If it's something strange, it's the quiji board. I doubt the man across from us has been either, he's very superstitious it seems. We're not dabbling in the arts.

Has noticed this too lol... and also to my knowledge having practiced the arts and played with Ouja boards..NEVER burn them.. it can let out anything and is best to bury them 4ft under the earth with as much protection as one can possibly give. (this only being in the event that the board is linked to negative beings in the first place)
Sorry had to say that as burning them is the worst possible thing to do..
As for your post, its very strange and i cant imagine how much it has disturbed all of you! I write this in hopes things go ok there.. one suggestion to look for may be what are called 'Shadow People' 'Hat Man' may also help in a search.. if you wish to look into them i can have a look for sources to post or you can just type them into a google search... may help

best wishes..

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here's some food for thought... Most humans can't judge size worth a damn at a distance much less in a stressful situation. So eliminate that 8 footer for the sake of argument and just assume it was a tall guy who lives in your building. The 2 dead cats. I live about 45 minutes from ya and there are so many things that can kill cats in LA that it's hard to attribute it to anything paranormal. The image of you in your girlfriends room. You could have had some nut in your building looking for naughty photos on your girls computer. The banging on the ceiling. It's been cold as hell lately and could be pipes banging. Blinds being opened are easy to forget. I believe you said you usually keep them closed so on the off chance someone opened em to look out the window it's almost certain they wouldn't recall doing so and would assume they followed their normal routine and closed them.

Now we know that there are rational explanations for most everything that happened. But if the rational isn't the explanation then what is it. Like I said I live about 45 min from ya in Mandeville and have investigated quite a bit across the state. With about 9 or 10 sites in Baton Rouge. I'd be interested in taking a look if you can't resolve anything. But here's my suggestion; make a list of every strange occurrence and make a list for each item with all conventional explanations. Then repost your list of occurrences with the items you simply can't provide a rational explanation for. Then let's sort those out.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greywolf73

www.youtube.com...

Its George Noorys radio show, topic is about shadow people and the hat man. Im quite sure its the one i lissend to a year or so ago. I suggest it

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Buy a solar powered deer camera, and mount it on your balcony.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I figured I would share some tid bits of my experiences here for you OP.

I too have had friends and family see 'another me'. I too have had signs of what seemed to be 'outer quarrels' going on around my home.

The sightings of another me probably occurred between 12-15 times all within a years time. The sightings of another me was never in a bad way, it was always someone seeing me doing my normal routines (walking down my hallway, standing in the doorway watching my children, walking through doorways). I personally never saw this 'other me' but I could tell by the reaction of my family and friend that it disturbed them because it made them feel like they were seeing things or crazy one or the other.

The sightings of another you may have nothing to do with the outside happenings...in a direct sense to you in this world...but mabey more so in a sense to you in another world.

The animal incident I found outside my home was really really weird and the vibes of it were wicked feeling. The dog had been barking hysterically which woke me and my boyfriend. He did get up with a flashlight and walked onto the porch to find the dog barking at nothing, in the middle of the yard more or less. He let the dog inside and we went back to sleep. The next day we found huge black feathers in a area of the yard that made up about 10 feet of space. It looked as if two gigantic birds had a fight...but there was no bird to be found. Sure my dog may of got the bird or drug the bird off somewhere...but why the crazy barking? What is weirder is we found clumps of black hair. My first thought was it all looked like left overs from a costume...the hair was dirty and clumpy and wet...the feathers were very large.

We ended up gathering the feathers and hair and just put in on our burn pile (fire pit). Even though I probably should of kept a feather or some of the hair I just didnt. A couple of days later, an almost perfect circle of mushrooms sprouted up around this area. It all just felt really really wicked....

Are you into seeking 'higher selves' or are you recently getting into spirituality?

Thanks for sharing your stories!
LV

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
my honest opinion? sounds like there is a really big dude who about to start killing people (killing cats isa sign of a future serial killer)
just because he was big doesnt mean he wasnt human, he could have been wearing something that made him not look human.

But you know the movie halloween? basiclly i think someone is merly coping this, in a way they obsess about it, so make sure you call campus secrity next time you see the guy, or the cops, because your lives may be in danger (cause by the sounds of it he has access to the building and probally will snap soon

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

Wow. Your story, that I just read, reminded me fo what happened to me last night.

I live in NJ, and I have a huge yard and its a hill that goes up into a field-like area. Walking up the hill, to my right, I see the backyard and alleys of the houses on the street that interesect mine.

I have 3 dogs, and I walk with them up the hill so they can do their business. So last night, I take them for a routine walk in the yard. Usually, there is a neighbor dog in one of the backyards on my right, and we all say hi to him.

Well, I looked to my right, and I see movement and I assumed it was the dog. It was dark out and the moon was shining. Im still looking toward the movement, which is close enough to me so that i can distinguish clothes and skin color and such.

What I end up seeing was not the dog, but a dark, black figure of a man. It was completely black with no clothes on, no hair, it was just all black. It was squatting, then, still in squatting position, it moved from behind something and walked/squatted into some brush.

I couldnt believe my eyes. I thought it was the dog at first so I kept my eyes on the movement, but then the shape of the shadow was of a man. I saw arms and legs and a head and it was squatted and then moved, crouched low to the ground. It was not a person. I was close enough to see items such as a coat or hat and colors, but this thing was all black.

I was frozen in the spot where I stood for about 5 minutes, waiting to see if it would move again but it didnt. at that point I gathered the dogs and calmly went back in the house. The way to deal with these kind of happenings is with no fear. Ive seen ghosts before.

I go by the the rule, "Nothing can hurt me without my permission", and that is true with actual people or the paranormal.

Have faith in yourself and keep your mind strong and positive. Negative forces or spirits ar real and they prey on the weak and negative minded.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Quite the experience I must say. It is easy enough to find "logical" explanations for some of what has occurred, but taken all together the events are difficult to explain away as fighting cats and some (rather tall) homeless person lurking in the parking lot.

I would echo what others here have said about NOT confronting the tall one with words or threatening violence. Human or otherwise a confrontation would just be provocative and potentially dangerous. If what you are experiencing is "Other-worldly" remaining calm is one of the best things you can do. When you get scared and carry around fear, that elevates your body's adrenaline increasing the amount of energy you emit. These things feed and grow off of that type of fear-based energy. That is why they try to scare you at first instilling fear from which to feed on.

I do not think it has been suggested in this post, but I would contact one or more professionals. Perhaps the University has a paranormal group or professor who can assist. There is a cable tv show, Paranormal State:

www.aetv.com...

It might be worth a go to contact them to see if there is any interest on their part.

Finding a reputable "Ghost Buster" in New Orleans would be quite a challenge unless you know someone knowledgeable about the area's practicing professionals.

My own experience with such things forced me to bring in a local professional. My home was being haunted by a malevolent being that attacked my daughter's boyfriend. They were sitting on the living couch one evening when he was hit in the back of the head by something splattering my daughter with the blood that came out of his nose. I have studied paranormal/psychic phenomenon, but was not equipped to handle such an entity, so I contacted the professional who lead my family in a clearing.

I wish you luck and my prayers are with you. Faith is your best weapon. Please keep in mind that guns, knives, and clubs are only effective against movie zombies and are of little use against paranormal energies.

Peace and Love

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join