It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

Ya might wanna go ahead and change your location from "Louisiana" to "Georgia" then if that is going to be your story to stick with. Your brother posted on your account.

-Sliadon

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Try this it will at least eliminate the possibility of a non-physical entity. Something that uses doors most likely would not be paranormal by this logic. It is an old detectives trick. However it will be a tedious process prone to human error. You would have to in every doorway and possibly even windows place one of your own hairs in between the door and the doorframe. This will act as a home made alarm system. If someone opens the door you will know, upon re entry by checking to see if the hair remains in place. If a physical entity utilizes the door to enter, the hair will fall to the ground, alerting you to the foreign presence.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. –Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

[edit on 11-3-2010 by smokeyB27]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Originally posted by duchien
it also explains the cat deal. cats are gaurdians, keeping death at bay,

There's a half eaten mouse on my garden that I think would massively disagree with that statement.

ha ha ha im sure it would !

Well now were waiting for the"brother" to come back and say his piece and feel bad for not swallowing his traumatic experience ho hum

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

Ya might wanna go ahead and change your location from "Louisiana" to "Georgia" then if that is going to be your story to stick with. Your brother posted on your account.

-Sliadon

Exactly right - if you are from Georgia then why does your location say you are from Louisiana? Were you thinking about your "brother's" location when you filled that part out? My guess is that you have a lot of trouble telling the truth.

Anyone who paid any attention to your tale spotted your timeline inconsistencies to begin with and easily deduced that it was a fake story. Interesting for sure, so props on entertainment value anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

I find it very amusing that some guy who's all about Azazel thinks this thread is a joke. So much so that he's thinking about quitting ATS...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

i cant remember where i found the info about death coming befor hand but i will look to find it again. as for the cats if it controls another living creature ( human, dog, or anything that can kill a cat.) it can get rid of cats without actualy being near them. and lastly the spirts dont realy ask, but they do need permision to enter a person if the protection is put on right, if its put on wrong then they just do what ever they want. thats why i said find all ways of closeing any door you open. find any and all ways of protecting you and your friends, and never let a spirit in you.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by duchien]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I generally do not post in this forum because I too have experienced so many weird things that I don't need to litter my mind with the experiences of others.
However, I found your story rather interesting. I mean, it was written in a readable fashion and you explained your experiences well. So, I thought it was worthy of a reply.

The first thing that sticks out in my mind is that you initially were either dealing with a doppleganger or a "familiar spirit." Now, a doppleganger, which means "double" in German, is supposedly a comosite copy of one's self. A "familiar spirit" is supposedly a "demon" that follows a person around throughout their life and knows everything about them. I don't pretend to know which one applies to your case, but to me, it sounds like one or the other.

A doppelgänger ( pronunciation (help·info)) is the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation.

Look up doppelganger or Doppelgänger in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
In the vernacular, the word "doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed at oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.

Doppleganger

Now, a "familiar spirit" will usually come in the formof an animal. Do you have an affinity for pigs? I am not trying to be facetious, but that is really the only way I know how to find out if maybe the "hog" you heard was a "familiar spirit."

Now, the shadow figure is really interesting. Were you able to see its eyes? Was there any kind of a "glow" about him?

Here is a link that may help you understand shadow people a bit better. Well, it will at least give you other stories that you can try and relate your own to. Shadow people

Lousiana has a lot of supernatural history behind it, so, that should be taken into account. It has always been known as a hotbed for some fairly unusual activity. Why is anyone's guess. If you so wish to have your case investigated, you might want to get in touch with this group: Louisiana Paranormal studies

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Just make your sure your protected. Seek spiritual protection for your living space and your roommates(cause you dont want something following you in) and weapons for the physical intruders.

I posted out of concern but if this is fake its a damn good ghost story

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
IMHO it sounds like some creep looking for someone to rob but if it is something paranormal I would probably be the idiot who would try to confront it as I have no fear of spirits.
If it is something paranormal it sounds like a shadow person which can be very difficult to get rid of.
The best thing you can do is show no fear of it.
Shadow people tend to feed off of fear and will hang around where there is an abundance of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I keep seeing people suggesting violence with this.

Someone once made a profound statement during a seminar I was watching online - if something is coming from another dimension, we may not see it as we see ourselves. It could be bits and pieces in odd places. So, naturally, we would be frightened of something unknown to us.

I'm not saying be bold and run out and offer to shake its' hand, but the 40 year old man is just watching. There is something to be said for observation. And really, with you having already yelled 'Hey!' at this being/person/shadow/etc - it is well aware of your presence. If the presence WANTED to harm anyone/thing it could.

As far as the cats go, I have seen human beings swerve to HIT and kill a cat, kids stick firecrackers in their hind-end....all things I find despicable...it seems as though people do not respect animals (and for some strange reason, cats seem to be the top of the list) So, I wouldn't necessarily chalk up the disappearances of cats to this figure.

You want help sensing its' presence, get a cat. I have dogs...but I can only trust one's reaction as the little one will bark at his own reflection in my patio doors. lol

Now, onto the interesting point I'm going to make:
Several have mentioned the 'Mothman' business. After having watched a seminar from John Moore entitled 'Global Warming: What the Government Isn't Telling You', I find this to be the most plausible theory - aside from a thief/peeper.

Apparently this gentleman, John Moore, used to work intelligence within the government/military and has been clued into some things that are going on. Whether or not it's total BS, he does present a fair case. And while his website presents quite a bit of survival items to buy, doesn't equate that he is only using "end-of-the-world-scenario" to make money. I'm sure if he retired from the military and any other gov't agency, he is doing quite well financially. Still, keep in mind that these folks cannot just GIVE products away in a monetary world.

What you can do, however, is research HOW to come across these items at a discounted price - learn how to grow your own food - build/maintain power sources, etc etc. Collectively, we are going to either be the destruction of each other or work together to save humanity in the event something catastrophic happens.

That is to debunk the idea that this guy is full of it - he didn't have to make his seminar available on line in full - he could cry 'copyright infringement" yada yada - but he hasn't.

SO...I know...sometimes it takes me a while to get to a point (I think too much) IF the Mothman theory is correct, this man states that the lower southern states are gone in a matter of time from rising sea levels. This had apparently been confirmed by different Navy officials/retiree's/etc at different times. Mr. Moore is an investigator now, and I imagine he knows well how to do his job. I'm not completely dismissing the fact that he could be full of it - we never really know people.

Here are the links in order of this seminar if any are interested:
1) www.youtube.com...
2) www.youtube.com...
3) www.youtube.com...
4) www.youtube.com...
5) www.youtube.com...
6) www.youtube.com...
7) www.youtube.com...
8) www.youtube.com...
9) www.youtube.com...
10) www.youtube.com...
11) www.youtube.com...
12) www.youtube.com...

But rather than looking at this as a sinister being, perhaps it is a warning. Other beings, like we, don't always get a choice in what their appearance is. And we have been conditioned to either be fearful of or destroy that which what we don't understand.

Love & Light!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori

Mate, if I was you, I'd be keeping some form of bat/club next to your bed or something. If you see this thing anywhere near your the complex, I suggest you go somewhere it can see you and do the following:

1. Take your bat/club outside.
2. Make sure the big boy is looking at you.
3. Start shouting abusive words (or 'watered down' abusive words) at this guy.
4. If its night time, turn on a light so the fella can see you, then put the bat above your head, and start making suggestive actions that if he does not move soon, your gonna lay him out.
5. If he does wanna have a go at you, I would suggest aiming for the cheap seats (testicles...if any). If he doesn't respond to the first smack....well I will leave the solution to that up to you.

Good luck buddy

Then tell him to cook some eggs, bitch.

Crazy maoris lol

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This thread definitely warranted me signing up for ATS just to respond. I'm a tall, arguably creepy man that happens to enjoy putting on dark clothing and running about at night. Why should that justify confronting me, whether armed with club or gun? By the way, the 40 something year old man is the only person I'd be wary of as I go about my business at night. Why? Chances are he knows enough about life to not be a scared punk who instantly cries for help when seeing something threatening(me).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Saints winning the Super Bowl was a strange happening down in Louisiana

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Okay, I did a little research and this is what i came up with..
In Dover, Massachusetts, in 1977, there were 3 sightings of what is now known as the 'Dover Demon' described to be standing on 2 legs and at 4 feet tall. Now the creature you seen was 7+ feet tall, correct? but maybe the sightings back in 1977 weren't all that correct, they were made by a 17 year old, and two 15 year old kids. Now each sighting was separate, so there were 3 sightings of the Dover Demon in all, and if you were a teenager that young, and you were alone, I'm pretty sure you would just about crap your pants if you saw this thing. But my other theory is, what if it was young then, made by a freak accident? And now it is full grown, or still growing? Massachusetts is right next to Louisiana, and you described it running away very swiftly, (so i recall..) So i don't have any doubts that it could have traveled in the time from 1977, to here, but how come it didn't have any sightings in between then and now? I have no theories for that.. But that is all that i came up with.. Hope it helped..

-Jimi

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow, 25 pages? There were only 17 last time I checked.
I was retelling this to my friends at school and all they could think about was how "creative" I am, "always coming up with scary material".

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
BP Oil Disaster+Baton Rouge+Mothman + Hurricane =?

If a hurricane strikes during the oil spill, there is a real risk to the university area. Hurricane season starts in a week or two.....

I think it is important not to fixate on something happening at the apartment complex but rather the general area. In the case of the Mothman Prophecies, the Mothman sitings were area specific.

Because the BP oil is light crude, it is flammable. If it gets blown inland, then maybe there is a big risk of catastrophe. In any event, I think things are going to get worse.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Man dude that sounds tight, you should get a cam and record some stuff. I would love to live there, I also think one of your room mates is porking your girlfriend.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Reptilians! They are all over south Louisiana. I live 45 mintes from Baton Rouge (Red Stick, Blood Stick, Dragon Stick) I came back to Louisiana a few years ago and really understood the things I saw as a kid 20 years before. In my time away from LA. I happened to attend school for criminal justice and worked as an investigator for quite some time. I then went into the feild of science after returning to school to start a second career. I became aware of things that I had dismissed and refused to investigate when someone asked me to look into some strange occurances in Arkansas; things that gave me a feeling of deja vu of Louisiana.

As I ended up north (US) working in a government funded lab I encountered an exceptionally brilliant scientist of Irish decent. When I say brilliant, I mean 4+ PHDs. There was another strange very evil character in this (gov) company that worked as a project manager (he had one phd) This individual was about 6'10" tall, with dark hair and very animated features, almost perfectly sculptured, as if he was a 3 dimensional drawing. I was an ametuer artist as a youth that did a lot of portriats; in addition to being trained to notice features of individuals so I'm a little more indepth about it than a lot of people. The tall individual would like to basically destroy the self esteem of the graduate students that worked in the lab. I was told that one even attempted suicide a few years before I got there. My only personal encounter with him was in my first week there. He came into the lunch room where I was sitting and introduced himself (never offering a hand shake) He stated that "You aren't from around here" that puzzled me because my creole accent was well gone because I was 10 years out of Louisiana. He said he was from Houma, LA.. He gave me this look of curiosity as I looked at his facial features, then he obviously became very uncomfortable near me and just turned a exited the lunch room. Weirdo, I thought. He never made contact with me again, I thought it was one of his mind games, oh well, didn't phase me. One less nut job to deal with.

Six months into this job, my friend whom has written several scienctific journals that the government prevents from being printed or used outside of that lab, showed me a small kiln (ceramic oven) like device he had constructed. He placed some small black rocks into it and turned it on, it hummed while it vibrated our side of the lab. This lasted for about five minutes, then he turned it off and took the rocks out. I could feel cold come off of them like ice. He then summoned me to come with him as he walked towards the lunch room and placed them halfway across the hallway outside of the lunch room. Then he grabs my hand and pulls me back into the lab, which had glass walls. Here comes the project manager like clock work he would come get a cup of coffee on the second of that hour, strange. This time he stops right at the "rocks" like there was a brick wall there, turned and went around them. When he came out he did the same thing. Them my friend takes me to the rocks and instructs me to cross them. I was expecting some type of force field or repulsion of some sort, that's what we did there, research advanced "slingshots". I hesitated, so he steps across and grabs my hand and leads me across; nothing happened. then we stepped back across, still nothing happened. I asked him "How do you make it work on certain people? " he said, " I didn't make it work on any PEOPLE " He then said that he modernized an old trick that his nanna showed him back in Ireland, she was a HEALER. I have been paying extra attention to strange events around me and my environment since. that was 12 years ago; I can tell you the world is not what "they" tell people, both scientifically or religiously.
I am now back in LA. and I'm actively investigating things.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by DCYPHER]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Are you or any of your roommates majoring in any of the science fields?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
With the size dimensions of the picture reported from the game camera in Berwick these two things might be related. I for one deff. believe that picture wasn't fake and I believe what you say. I used to live in LA and let me tell you things do get weird in the big easy.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Pigeon Religion because: spelling error

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join