It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis
euwhajavb has fantastic, macabre dreams of hellish mansions, grim reapers, Cerberus and violent deer. He has out of body experiences and before troubled by doppelgängers, poltergeists, and furtive giants in the night, he found a mermaid at a local craft show and a suspected fairy in a graveyard.

Not dull enough to be a good paranormal witness.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by EvilAxis]

BIG BUMP

I made ref. to this a couple of days ago.
Credibility in investigations is everything. Everyday I see ATS die a little more.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Havent read the entire thread yet but good story so far!

Go to the computer your doppelganger was on, hit start, search, all files and folders, click "When was it modified?", specify dates, and put in the date he was at the pc.

Then look to see what was accessed/modified at the day and time he was there and see what he was up to...

Maybe he left you a note or was accessing your files for info about you or your roomates etc.

If so you should at least be able to get an idea of what this person/thing was doing.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This guy should publish a horror book or something. He writes well, but check out his previous posts (yes I know someone mentioned it already).

Fascinating story though, really!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dear EUW.....

I agree with some of the other, do not shoot. But it seems to me, assuming this report is accurate, that you have a parallel system at play. A parallel universe where everything seems the same, but is not. Assuming this is true, and there is data to support such a scheme, the multiple universes would go a long way toward explaining any number of paranormal phenomena, e.g. "ghosts," UFOs, or your girlfriend seeing a you that was not there. I grew up on the fringes of the Dismal Swamp, and I heard talk of a swamp man from childhood to this day; but there is little, if any, corroborating evidence, although I am convince that some folks saw something, quite possibly from another time or system. Good luck to you.

Doug

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
What can you tell me about this "Train" sound? I never understood why that sound.

First of all I'd like to state that I am of the opinion that the OP just made that # up. If that's the case, I would recommend following through and finishing the story, as there are some super creepy elements and the tale has promise.

Secondly, if I were to say, "I saw Bill Clinton kick a toddler at a Twins game" and you were to respond "I believe you because I've been to a baseball game too." I would laugh in your face and thank you for your gullibility. Point being, just because YOU have experienced strange happenings (as have I) does NOT mean that every tale you hear involving the High Weirdness is true. Criminy! If you were to tell me you ate French Toast last night I wouldn't believe you because I wasn't there. I wouldn't disbelieve either. The Aristotelian "A or B" doesn't fit life. Most things exist as Maybes.

Ok. Getting to my reason for replying. The train sound. That kinda gave me the heebie jeebies because I had VERY similar experiences as a kid. Shared a room with my brother. I'd hear the train sound fill the air around me and off I would go, gods only know where. Brother never heard a thing, either. No neon light dude though. I always remembered him as Mr. Monkey Man. There were other animal people as well, But Mr. Monkey Man was The Man.

(Do you believe me? I hope not, even though I'm telling the truth as I know it. I would, however, be happy to accept the benefit of the doubt.)

At any rate, that train sound thing piqued my interest. I always wondered if there were any medical experiments that would make a person hear that sound, you know... like how they can reproduce sleep paralysis and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
omg... if I read one more nutty post I'm going to check my own sanity!

It's widely reported (I am a paranormal investigator myself) that you can have 3 people in the same room... 1 person might here a voice or sound while the other 2 hear nothing..! 2 people may hear it and so on... That's to explain the couple hearing the pounding on their ceiling. We know from your story where the hot spots are so if you can get a digital voice recorder upstairs with the couple, in the parking lot, and possibly at your computer desk... you might hear something. I would also get a hold of 3 video recorders... 1 trained on the parking lot toward the 40yr olds complex...1 trained on your computer desk... and 1 trained on the couple apt upstairs...

2ndly... do research first on your property... and then your surrounding block....research,research, research...can tell you alot. Murders? Funeral Homes? Abuse? Fire? Shoot Out? Check out News Papers, Deeds of the proptery... The area before it was settled. I think I heard/read someone say that area was Indians... Screwing around with Indians and they're burial grounds can lead to very bad things happening... what about any wars in the area? Civil? Indian? Mob? (lol)

I would love to see you set up some equipment! See if there is a paranormal investigator in your area... I sure wish I was!!! good luck and please keep us or me updated..lol tracehd1 hotmail.. =0)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In relation to the first event that was witnessed by your neighbours that is what is called a doppleganger. In regards to the creature, I can't explain what you saw, but it is not to say that it was not real; on the contrary, it is very real. It is a shame that nobody thought to get a photo of the creature.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There are very strange things going on here in Okla. too. But I don't know what is going on. In fact, I was taking pixs in the fog one evening and caught a pix of a silhouette not a foot away from me. I downloaded it here if you want to go over to see it. I've also seen some lights on vid one night and think I will download them here soon. Hope we figure out what it is one day.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Have you seen the video clip from Ken Klein regarding strange happenings in New Orleans? Ken was on Coast 2 Coast recently and commented on video footage he received from a local resident. From what he had to say on the subject, there may be evidence of shapeshifting and extra dimensional entities. I just wonder if there is any connection between these these two occurrences.

From viewing the snippet, I think more evidence is needed, but I'll add the link here in case anyone else would like to judge for themselves.

www.kenkleintv.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
to me it was desperate reptilian eating cats; maybe there is a shortage of human babies
xeeatwelve net

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

Agreed just another idiot trying to make a stupid name for himself. Thank the ATS members who are extremely gulable for bumping this thread up.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Awsome story Erica! I ejoyed reading everyones stories very much. Although it does however upset me that ATS thread modulator's can remove a OP just like that. What happened to the freedom of speech? And the original thread?

Originally posted by Erica1631
reply to post by thebox

I checked out Shadowlands Haunted Places and found that I live 5 miles from Robert's Cove where there is supposed to be a hook in a grave and a headless horseman that appears there. I have never heard of this cemetary. I will ask neighbors in my area for more information. I do know that Louisiana is known for strange happenings. I live in a home that was built in 1912. It is beautiful and surrounded by 100 year old oak trees. Upon moving into this home 6 years ago I immediately knew that we were not alone. Strange noises and voices could be heard late at night, but my children and I could never find the source. The footsteps, voices and strange noises always occur on the outside of our house. We have two large, beautiful porches on the outside of our house which was customary in the south a long time ago. I can invision the family sitting outside on hot and humid Louisiana days drinking mint julips . 4 years ago, my neighbor and my son were digging in an area of our yard to prepare the soil for a vegetable garden. When they dug to a depth of about 1 ft. they noticed that there was a considerable amount of a gray/white chalky substance. They had to immediately clean the shovels and wash their hands because it caused a burning sensation when touched. Out of overwhelming curiosity they continued digging for two days until they hit an old barrel that had been buried upright. Someone went to alot of trouble to bury it because it was 6 1/2 feet deep upright. After carefully removing the lid and digging through the gray matter they found bones! Very tiny bones and alot of them. We felt that the police needed to be called. They taped off my yard with yellow crime scene tape and carefully removed the bones. They sent them to a lab at LSU in Baton Rouge to be analyzed. I kept calling the police for information and they said that the pieces of the puzzle was slowly coming together, but they seemed very careful not to disclose too much information. They kept saying that this could hurt the reputation of several family members that lived here and around this vicinity nearly 100 years ago. Just last year I found out after investigating this on my own that the woman that lived here in the early 1900's was a baby farmer. A long time ago, families would take in young girls who were pregnant from affluent families to avoid their reputation being tarnished. They would pay these families a large sum to care for their daughter during the pregnancy. They would then pay a large sum for the family to adopt the child out. Sometimes the situation worked out well for all concerned, but sometimes the families would accept the money and dispose of the newborn baby. Yes, I mean it was common that babies were buried in their backyard. One more thing, I just found out that the woman's husband killed himself with a shotgun in the 1930's on my porch. This home really has a bad history. A very sad history.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I live in a boring area. Nothing ever happens here. I wish sometimes something would.

freaky story though. My first impressions was the whole Mothman theory.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

It would be interesting to me . . .

Do you know of any Authentic, genuine, earnest Pentecostal Christians in the complex who are familiar with spiritual warfare?

If so, Share all such info and observations with them . . . and see if they are interested in engaging the phenomena.

If anything else interesting happens after that, please let me know by U2U.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The OP isnt coming back..for the sake of ATS..please give up this thread..for gods sake..its been proven already..this guy is out for attention..just look at the posts he has on all the other sites..read back..

Ok..please..MODS...take this damn thread off here..im really tired of seeing it when the OP hasnt been back to the thread at all..and it's obviously not worthy of being here..

If any of you have your own stories..then post them..on your own thread..this one is obviously NOT real!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

two people have said this...lol

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A ver good story the only other story ive heard of that sounds remotley like it is in the UK there are some botanical gardens on the Isle of Wight. the site there built on was an old TB hospital. now as this area is reguarded as a haunted area there are regular ghost hunts carried out here and on more than one occasion a seven to eight foot tall "thing" has been seen observing the investigaters and moving at speed through the bushes. These type of stories sounds more disturbing and worrying than your average ghost/ufo encounter or story. Good thread tho.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
CAN WE CLOSE THIS THREAD, THE OP WAS CLEARLY LIEING AND TRYING TO INSIGHT A STORY FOR PERSONAL BENEFIT. THIS TO ME IS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE T&C.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by rjmelter
I am willing to bet that the author of this post is just posting a story for a book or something that they are writing. it is written well and categorized.

Are you making a movie... writing a book... what?

You shouldn't teast ppl like that op

This is exactly what I thought when I read the paranormal account.

I'm not calling hoax but just voicing my suspicions.
Louisiana is a hot bed of film and movie making with great film departments in most of the larger Universities.

This sounds like what screenwriters call a "treatment"
Float a story out there to get the reactions of a targeted audience on the www. and also to fish for alternative scenarios, characters, locations, endings, twists, etc.

Truth be known, I've done the same thing with some of my "treatments"...

Being as how the OP hasn't responded to many posts for quite awhile; I'm thinking he/she got what he/she came for.

My apologies if I'm wrong. Great story btw. Need a producer/director/crew?

------------------------------

yeah, i just got out of film school and my first thought while reading this: treatment! not to say it isn't a good one and if im wrong and the story is real, then sorry to go against the grain i usually stick with! also, there seems to be a lot of perfect detail remembered. i would probably only remember "tall freaky guy" and whatever my camera caught.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Please labelt his thread as a hoax!!

The OP Is obviously not going to reappear

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join