It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Exactly the point i was trying to make, doesn't hurt to try

although if he/she/it attacked he would have to shoot it as i doubt he could topple a alleged 8 foot being.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Can i just say Bricks have just been shat

2:48am..no sleep for me now

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is no logic behind these ghosts imitating human beings. They're just trapped souls, doing whatever they do.
I don't know if things like these is natures way or Gods way to show us that our world is much more complicated than we think it is, and that we must keep certain rules.
Imagine seeing headlines as these: "General blames nuclear launch on doppelgangers", but it seems we don't, thankfully.
1. Cross
2. Bible
3. Dog

[edit on 3-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

ironic that you say such a statement with a picture of Jesus as your avatar

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That is a very interesting story. Was there anything strange about it's body, other than the hight? Maybe type what this creature looked like into google or a similar search engine and see if anything comes up that could lead you to finding out what it was.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Isn't it fun to discuss the possibilities of this stuff? Even though I think a lot of this stuff is imaginary. It is great to debate it as "theory."

Too bad this one was a complete hoax.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

BTW, I see that allot of people are interested in cryptozoology ; I have a very good book on almost all unexplained creatures from all cultures with detailed sightings and book references. If anyone is interested you2you me and I will email it to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Whether the Original Poster's story was true or false is irrelevant to the circumstances here. Maybe the OP lied, but, that doesn't mean someone reading through this thread hasn't had a similar experience. The need to separate fact from fable is a necessary one, however, discounting a single poster should not completely discount the poster's account.

I have experienced shadow-beings - a possibility suggested earlier in the thread. My shadow-beings were not friendly little ghosts of the deceased, but malevolent entities. So, had someone taken that aspect of the thread into more detail it might aid me.

Mutilated, gutted and murdered animals have also been present in a few cases of diabolic activity among me, and a few of my associates. A deceased pet cat and a kitten a day for a week. A series of dead birds in my backyard on and off for a month. If someone pursued the mutilated animal approach in here I'd have loved to see where it lead.

On and on. Just because the poster made his account up, does not mean other people have not experienced real encounters like the made-up ones. Real people, seeking real advice, might find it in an otherwise false account.

Oh, and, it's a Ouija board - O-U-I-J-A. As well, a Ouija Board is not an open invitation for some kind of demonic entity to inhabit your space. Most of the time, the Ouija Board's results are false. It takes some real skill to get one to work via unnatural mechanisms. So, to the "Ouija Boards bring the Devil" crowd, do a little research first before you overreact and start fear-mongering.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Blender

ironic that you say such a statement with a picture of Jesus as your avatar

Ha ha! I said the same thing on another post a little while back!

PS, Jesus ignored me

[edit on 4-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sounds like shadow man has payed your apartment complex a visit. Try to see what he finds interesting about the area. Notice whatever nature is around, peoples overall moods in their conversation. A collective detail of the area. Do what you must to get his attention next time. Be as BLUNT AS POSSIBLE " I know you arent human! Please tell me what it is that brings you to this reality" See what happens.

E

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb

Originally posted by thebox
reply to post by euwhajavb

Are there any swamps nearby? If so, are there any local legends relating to 'things' that may live in the swamps?

Well it is Louisiana, but it's also LSU. I'm not familiar with any stories, I moved here from Georgia a few months ago.

I would bet it's Les Miles

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

There was a story told to me when I was little by my grandfather's german friend I believe was called 'The Scheister in Black Boots' and the germans had a superstition of a man who concealed his identity in black (and black boots obviously) and would wander around sort of aimlessly but then find someone he liked and stalk them, follow them home and try to 'identity theft' them I guess. Thats the first thing that came to mind and if you're telling the truth I have to say that seems to fit perfectly.

Supposedly its out of jealousy? Does it have something to do with your girlfriend? Or did you acquire something recently? Or get praise maybe? I say because it doppelganged YOU specifically so would probably want to be you... assuming its real, right.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartan1337
The OP saw Slender Man

LINK

Thank you for posting these. I saw a being just like this, minus a hat about twenty years ago, simultaneously with another witness. My opinion of the OPs original post was that it was a shadow man of some sort. I would love to know if the being the OP saw had a "face" or any recognizable facial features?

Reason I ask is that a curious thing about my experience, was that the being we encountered seemed to be watching and eavesdropping on us when we noticed it. When we looked at it full on, we had all kinds of impressions even though the event only lasted a matter of seconds. Our impressions were that it was looking back at us, although it lacked any sort of facial features. Also, we felt that it was surprised it had been caught without having any normal visual cues to read it's intent if you understand what I am saying. It's as if it communicated with us telepathically or something.

We we were "lucky" enough to have this happen to us with full light and I am guessing there was a lot less light in a parking lot, but maybe enough to notice a nose, mouth, eyes etc?

Did it seem flat and two dimensional?

Any chance the two cats were not really involved? Could that have been some sicko and not have anything to do with it?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Dude, this sounds so scary. If I were you I would be shaking to see something acting like that where I live.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I get the feeling that it's a "mothman" too.. for whatever reason.. however I've never heard of them being able to "shapeshift" before, at least not good enough to fool your friends into thinking you were upstairs on the computer...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I agree, I also have had personal experiences with "shadow people" and I honestly don't care if others believe me or not. However, it has only been a few times in my life... and out of those few times, the first I was a very young child and the most recent I was completely drunk off my ass...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Bullant2]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You all can can see "shadow people" as well! All you need is an 8ball of crystal meth and a week of no sleep.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here are some supposed photos of the Slender Man

www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com...

The site says it is a total fabrication, made up on a forum.

For what it is worth.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thebox

I checked out Shadowlands Haunted Places and found that I live 5 miles from Robert's Cove where there is supposed to be a hook in a grave and a headless horseman that appears there. I have never heard of this cemetary. I will ask neighbors in my area for more information. I do know that Louisiana is known for strange happenings. I live in a home that was built in 1912. It is beautiful and surrounded by 100 year old oak trees. Upon moving into this home 6 years ago I immediately knew that we were not alone. Strange noises and voices could be heard late at night, but my children and I could never find the source. The footsteps, voices and strange noises always occur on the outside of our house. We have two large, beautiful porches on the outside of our house which was customary in the south a long time ago. I can invision the family sitting outside on hot and humid Louisiana days drinking mint julips . 4 years ago, my neighbor and my son were digging in an area of our yard to prepare the soil for a vegetable garden. When they dug to a depth of about 1 ft. they noticed that there was a considerable amount of a gray/white chalky substance. They had to immediately clean the shovels and wash their hands because it caused a burning sensation when touched. Out of overwhelming curiosity they continued digging for two days until they hit an old barrel that had been buried upright. Someone went to alot of trouble to bury it because it was 6 1/2 feet deep upright. After carefully removing the lid and digging through the gray matter they found bones! Very tiny bones and alot of them. We felt that the police needed to be called. They taped off my yard with yellow crime scene tape and carefully removed the bones. They sent them to a lab at LSU in Baton Rouge to be analyzed. I kept calling the police for information and they said that the pieces of the puzzle was slowly coming together, but they seemed very careful not to disclose too much information. They kept saying that this could hurt the reputation of several family members that lived here and around this vicinity nearly 100 years ago. Just last year I found out after investigating this on my own that the woman that lived here in the early 1900's was a baby farmer. A long time ago, families would take in young girls who were pregnant from affluent families to avoid their reputation being tarnished. They would pay these families a large sum to care for their daughter during the pregnancy. They would then pay a large sum for the family to adopt the child out. Sometimes the situation worked out well for all concerned, but sometimes the families would accept the money and dispose of the newborn baby. Yes, I mean it was common that babies were buried in their backyard. One more thing, I just found out that the woman's husband killed himself with a shotgun in the 1930's on my porch. This home really has a bad history. A very sad history.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join