It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rescuer

Yea mister but by blindly believing it we take the risk to fall in illusions and lies too. So its better to have at least one proof. Its hard to think how the human body could mutate into animal and why would that be?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Kitty

Dammit Stan! I'm gonna kick your dads a55!

That sucks. Looks more and more like we got trolled.

BTW- Thanks for the research Cap'n Kitty.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

My pleasure to help on this. The more I've checked, the more sites it's popping up on. I've also observed the OP does not reply to any of the posts on the other websites. It was an excellent read, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It sounds like a classic Bigfoot sighting.

They have been known to kill cats and scrounge around in dumpsters for food.

LSU is near some large wooded tracts and greenways according to Google maps.

As for your roomates thinking you were at the computer...is it possible that they confused the floors of the building and were looking in the wrong window?

Was it one consistent color?
You said it looked like it was wearing a heavy coat? brown? Black?
Did the humanoid in the parking lot run oddly?
You said it crouched down and then ran?
Any odd smells?
When it was by the lamppost did it slightly sway side-to-side?

Here is the BFRO site listing some reports for Louisana...
www.bfro.net...

Also see the Gulf coast Bigfoot Research org. for Lousiana
gcbro.com...

Disclaimer: I neither believe or disbelieve in Bigfoot, but have read many reports, witness sightings etc. and you hear things like it looked like it was wearing a heavy fur coat..in the summertime...stood around 8 feet tall etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

Looks like he posted this over at IGN as well

IGN

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

Yep.
Check out Captain Kittys posts at the bottom of page 7 and top of this page.

We been HOAXED.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hes probably a screenwriter putting out a feeler! but I like the way this topic has grabbed everyone's imagenation!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
errr.. why couldnt he post his story on more than on site?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Kitty

By the way, I copied some of the text from the original story and found it on IGN posted by Randy Marsh of South Park fame and several other sites (including the cached results on 4-chan). It appears recent, but could be a variation of an existing story told around many campuses. Just my limited research so far.

Well done captain Kitty

here it is on a third site
www.tigerdroppings.com...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hoax or not, I would take a shot at the thing and worry about the story I would have to concoct later if it turns out to be Yo Ming.

"Honest officer, he was coming right at me"

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a tool this guy is! Waste everyones time and energy...

It is kinda funny though. Everyone stating what they think it is. I have to admit, it kept me entertained during work and time passed a little faster than normal.

I still think this guy might be telling the truth, I mean we have no real proof he is lying. So what if he put the story on more than one website, that doesn't say anything. Yes, he hasn't responded for a day or so but, that doesn't mean anythign as well.

Lets give it another day before anyone jumps to conclusions.

Entertainment at best!

[edit on 3-3-2010 by NoFilter2323]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i to think this is a hoax,for a few reasons
1, as everyone talks about the time frame last night,the next night,etc
2, the doppleganger,banging on ceiling,40 year old man
3, if he was on the third floor looking out into the dark,it is very hard to get a pretty exact height of someone,as you are looking down on them,i tried this last night out of our bedroom window at a tree i planted last year, could of sworn it was over 8 ft tall when i measured it today it was only just over 6ft
4, how come campus security has mentioned anything yet
5, last but not least, to many things going on, see #2 plus strange cat howls,8ft tall man all shadowy

if he does intend to do a story try not to throw so many different angles into it ,should of just kept up with the shadowery figure
this was my first little outing on here so if anyone thinks my thoughts are crap, thats ok
thanks for reading anyway

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Looks like he posted this over at IGN as well

IGN

going to that site and reading the responses he got makes me that much happier to be a member here at ATS

thank you intellectual ones

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The mind is a powerful thing. Did it ever occur to you that the "being" from the story crouching inbetween cars was just a ROBBER? Looking for an open door? For christ sake.

And how many floors exactly is this guy's apartment? He obviously will not answer but I am guessing it's in the 10's so the ability to interpret if it was actually THEIR room where the alleged "stunt double" was seen is FLAWED. It could of been on the 9th floor but their apartment is on the 10th floor but it was dark out and all the apartments are outfitted the same way. People are so gullible. College students set up computers by windows to steal internet signals in an apartment they do it all the time.

And do you think maybe the cats might have gotten into a fight? Cats fight all the time and in some cases if you don't stop them they will kill each other. This is just stupid.

If it was really an ET entity then go down and confront it, shine a bright light on it and have a cam corder ready. I don't see why you all discredit this guy so quick cause he has posted it at other forums.,,maybe he is searching for an answer at more than one source? Would you write a report using one source? Your teacher/boss would fail/fire you.

Either way, I smell bull#. A big imagination and a few drinks and possibly a few grams of weed later alot of this would seem real. It is college. Sorry, but it's bunk until photo/video evidence provided.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterhowe
3, if he was on the third floor looking out into the dark,it is very hard to get a pretty exact height of someone,as you are looking down on them,i tried this last night out of our bedroom window at a tree i planted last year, could of sworn it was over 8 ft tall when i measured it today it was only just over 6ft

I think that if this "thing" was standing between two cars or beside one car even, it would be pretty easy to judge height. If it was just standing out in the open that would be a different story.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by DarrenRead75]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Since this exact story was posted on multiple sites (3 or 4 confirmed so far), with zero followup from the OP I suspect it is pure fiction and attempt to create and spread a new urban legend.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrenRead75

would it depend on the type of car,ie sports car to say an suv?
just wondering,coz if you where to stand next to a porsche which is roughly 3ft tall then yes anyone over 6ft 5+ would look big,come to think of it you wouldnt see many porsche's on a college campus so it must be your regular size cars, so i dont know then.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Before I even. read this thread, the title made me wary, LA us known fir uts cults, voodoo, and black magic, id say this is a case of dark magic, id ask around to see id anyone there is involved in that kind of stuff

Someone may have opened a gateway to an etheral realm and not been able to close it fast enough

Do u have any enemies? anyone who might want to cause u pain?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Classic ATS....OP tells an amazing story and then just disappears. I guess he had to go back to his creative writing class.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
In his OP the guy had a "next night" after "last night"?? fatally flawed from the start and he's been AWOL since 2-3-2010 @ 04:33. I presume he's gone to the graveyard again.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join