It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
Any ideas as to what it is??

I don't know if you get possums where you live...but I think they make a really nasty noise as a mating call, like something choking on fluid as it dies. grim I know but thats what it sounds like....

only problem is I live in australia and I might be getting confused with koalas

I do know that 'something' was in my backyard several times making that #ed up noise and it scared the bejesus out of me until several different people incl. strangers had suggested it was a possum....or koala.. i forget which

-B.M

P.S) perhaps the events are unrelated and the noises were one thing, and the tall thing something else?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I tried to do some research online about it but couldn't find much. It seems to be very similar to skinwalkers.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smashing31

According to my Uncle, Bearwalkers are the spirits of relatives who have passed on.

During the day, they appear as animals (usually but not always a bear).

At night they are seen as either a blue light or as their former selves when they were alive, although sometimes the light and the body are seen together.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That is a new one for me. I grew up in AZ, and legends of the skinwalkers were common knowledge. Never had an experience myself, but had several friends that would swear on their lives that it was real.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hoax or not, it's been a fascinating afternoon reading other peoples experiences.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

Dude - being in Louisiana - it could be anything. My parents were born and raised in New Orleans. After they got married they moved up east and never went back. All of their kids were born back east. (By the way I am currently in Ga.)----------- My parents witnessed several strange things growing up. When we all became old enough to understand from time to time they would talk to us about those experiences.

They were never overly superstitious - just very open minded and accepting of things they could not readily understand. Just continue to be careful, and do indeed keep a good camera at the ready and perhaps a good recorder too. I spent some time in La. and we still have many relatives there. The only things we liked about that place was the food and some of our relatives - most of whom we still have yet to meet. Stay safe and best wishes in your pursuit of higher education.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by Azazelus

I don't know where to begin with picking apart this story, but upon first read, even I noticed the OP says "last night" and then the very next paragraph states "the next night"...

read it again...you have mis read it it doesnt just say "last night" read it proply before you slate him for it because its you who are wrong.

No YOU read it again...the clue that brings the authenticity of this story into question IS in the sequence of events, but requires careful reading comprehension. The timeline here is as follows, as per the OP at the time of THIS post. I will use the OP's language to illustrate the issue here (in quotes):

1) "...started last Wednesday night, I think" - the Doppelganger incident

2) "Nothing interesting happened on Thursday, but Friday..." - sounds in the parking lot. Given the context of what happens here, these sounds actually occur early SATURDAY. Poster mentions it was Friday NIGHT, really late.

3) "The next day..." - Poster hear two women talking about the sounds at a bus stop, Saturday I gather from the account.

4) "On Saturday, maintenance found two dead cats..." -Listing a date separates it timewise from #3. This could be a syntax error, but again, needs to be clarified.

5) "Then there was last night..." - Wakes up middle of the night, most likely early Monday morning and sees the shadow man.

We know this was posted at 3AM Tuesday. Which would make sense. Was obviously referring to Sunday night; Poster probably began the post late Monday night, as it seems to be a habit to stay up into the wee hours of the morning.

6) "The next night..." - This is where the huge problem with syntax/timeline occurs. Until the original poster clarifies the overall discrepancy in meaning and syntax, there is no room for "the next night." That is, there is no room for it as the OP tells the story currently. That much needs to be clarified.

I know I am being anal, but it's difficult to tell if these sorts of stories are true. This is how I gain a better understanding.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very weird, I have experienced something like this too.

I was in my room on the phone, waiting for someone to arrive at my house. I kept looking outside the window, my patience can be non-existent sometimes. I saw some dude who matched the description... He was tall and I agree, he was too tall to be a normal human.. Anyways, the street i live on, ends in a "L" where the end is a colgasack or however you call it.. I live right on the lower left of the "L".. I watched the guy walk from 3 houses to my left (so like at my 10 o'clock) across the street, and back.. he walked like he was destined to get somewhere. He wore a black magician looking hat and a long black coat, like Neo's stunt double. I have never seen this guy before, or after this happened. However, I live in Tampa..

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

check this out...sounds REALLY linked..fascinating:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
will the op come back? that is the question. Probability of 85percent its a fake.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Haven't read through the whole thread yet but as that will take ages I'll comment now. Just in the first few pages, I've seen advice from members to you (OP) to take some pretty drastic action against this very tall, mysterious figure that you've seen. Some of that action is based on violent confrontation, provocation or even out-and-out attack.

Okay, it sounds good for some when they write it on their computer, but as for really doing it? I think that's not such a good idea. For one thing, you don't know who or -- okay -- what you're dealing with. For another, it's more likely that this is just a person rather than something else. There should be no reason to suspect someone more in regards to these weird goings-on in your building just because of their size. This (probable) person's height alone is no reason to link him/her to the other odd events you have described. They could be completely unconnected. Put it this way: what if you'd seen a dwarf out there, hanging around suspiciously? Would that also make you think perhaps he was tied in to all this? Because he's so unusual? Maybe yes? But if he were "average" height, maybe no?

True, if you said the figure was say, over ten feet tall, we'd all have good reason to freak out right along with you. But I mean, I knew a guy who was 7 feet 2 inches, and gentle as a lamb. But I'd pity anyone who might try to clobber him. Also, most people over-estimated his height. It's normal to do so, apparently, when someone is so far beyond the average. (PT Barnum made a lot of money out of that.)

Also, even if you think this tall figure is somehow connected, does this give you or anyone else the right to verbally abuse him/clobber him with a baseball bat/use other weapons? Now, I'm not saying you would, but we have members who have recommended this course of action to you.

Maybe some of those members who suggest such drastic measures should read or re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird", especially the parts about Boo Radley. It's on about the same level of thinking: suspicion of the one who's "different".

If you think the person is perhaps up to no good, that's no problem. Nothing wrong with being suspicious. Report those suspicions to the police, at a time when they'll actually answer the phone or their station is open. (I understand you said they don't always pick up the calls.) Then if the tall figure shows up again, they're more likely to act if you can get a call through. Taking matters into your own hands is not really wise. This could simply be a very tall person who's otherwise pretty harmless. Any assumptions to the contrary are just that: assumptions.

I doubt an 8ft tall person would make much of a criminal, though. Not even for stealing cars. Pretty easy to find someone that big.

Speaking of tall figures, currently the tallest man in the US is 7ft, 8 inches. Put a hat on him and he'd look a good 8 feet. He's a sheriff's deputy in Norfolk, Va., and so he'd wear a hat. Hmmm...Hope that none of our members who suggest it's okay to clobber a tall, mysterious figure you see at night (doing nothing but hanging around) live in Norfolk...
I don't think the excuse "you were looking suspicious and you're really tall, and someone's been banging on my upstairs neighbor's floor, so I clobbered you," would go down really well. Not even if you mentioned the cats.

Your "doppelganger" and "knocking" reports are very interesting and they could be somehow related to each other. In fact, they're more likely connected than the tall figure is.

Hopefully a lot of members have plenty of good stuff to say on that. Back to the reading and thanks for starting the thread.

Mike

[edit on 3/3/10 by JustMike]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

It would've been the possums, mate. When I lived in the country in Oz, we used to get them in the fruit trees in the back yard and they kicked up a fearful shindy sometimes. They sounded like banshees with a bad hangover, or a Balrog on steroids with a sore throat. They'll scare the heck out anyone who doesn't know what they are.

Those noises the OP mentioned, though. I've heard cats fighting and sadly seen a cat in great pain after it was hit by a car, but what the OP describes sounds worse than that. So even though dead cats were found it makes me wonder if it was just cats. Two cats versus a dog, maybe? Hard to say.

Mike

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow, 7 million pages and where are you, OP?

I basically skimmed through the novel here, but of course, there is a logical explanation for all the events that have happened.

Your roomies might have seen one of your buddies trying to find some "info" on your puter, sometimes friends are sneaky like that. Or maybe they just made it up to freak you out.

Cats get killed..in fact, my asshat neighbor just shot one of mine in the head..grrr..he's going down! Anyway..

The big man in a coat..is probably just that..a big man in a coat!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hate to be the skeptic and nay-sayer (and to be honest shocked it has not come up at all in 17 pages of junk)...

Assuming that the OP is not just messing with us and logging on with a secondary account to see the progress of his thread (hence him not being on since his last post), could it maybe be the OP's girlfriend and roommate were fooling around and she cheated on him? Out of guilt for what they did they created this elaborate story of a "lookalike" in the room, so that their excuse of running up there and moving through stuff would disguise any actions the two may have committed. This then caused the OP to be on a higher sense of alert of some ghostly apparition and not be the least bit suspicious of them, and then he began combining A+F+Z (three completely unrelated events) as someone already suggested. The fighting cats became a creature of dark origins, and a tall guy in a dark suit (it should be needless that I add it was dark outside became either this crazy homeless man or just a neighbor. So now his story has a look-a-like of him, dead cats, and some tall guy.

So my guess, either he is trying to dupe us and we have all been trolled and in which case, congratulations OP, you have kept this up longer than most trolls on ATS

Or he got played by his girlfriend and roommate. Either they were feeling guilty of something they did together or just thought it would be funny to mess with him.

Either way guys I seriously doubt this thread is going anywhere else and any more posts if/until OP posts again will just be in vain. Including my own post here being in vain.

Just my two-cents

-Sliadon

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori

1. Take your bat/club outside.
2. Make sure the big boy is looking at you.
3. Start shouting abusive words (or 'watered down' abusive words) at this guy.
4. If its night time, turn on a light so the fella can see you, then put the bat above your head, and start making suggestive actions that if he does not move soon, your gonna lay him out.
5. If he does wanna have a go at you, I would suggest aiming for the cheap seats (testicles...if any). If he doesn't respond to the first smack....well I will leave the solution to that up to you.

Good luck buddy
well said. But if it aint got any weapons just spark it out then try and restrain it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I am a little saddened by the lack of response from the OP on this one, despite the time line discrepancies. It was certainly a well-written and chilling account that is conceivable if one were to believe this is in whole, or partly true. Debate as to it's validity aside, I await to hear more from the OP and have a desire to see whether this will be followed up with new evidence or discovered to be a top-notch creative writing experiment. Either way, I enjoyed this and will take it for what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I read this thread last night; and, when I went outside to smoke a cig, there were some cats in the bushes making some weird noises. Yeah, I got spooked a bit. '
'
I started to wonder if my fear might attract something.

Then I started wondering about my own strange experiences; and, it seemed like they usually occurred during times of intense emotion. Micheal Tsarion seems to believe that emotions attract these things; and that's why we send people to fight wars with occultic symbols plastered all over the machinery and uniforms.

I also, had the sound of an animal like it was being tortured; but, mine sounded like a goat and it was on the telephone! This could have been a joke on me, but it sure sounded and felt evil! there was also a wicked laughter.

I was wondering if anyone in your circle is experiencing any profound emotion? Recent death or new love interest, or perhaps heartbreak?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
interesting so problem solving skills here we go .
IT had a coat and stood like a man so its not an animal.
Is it a ghost
ghosts dont eat me lol? do they
i dunno im stooped

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just logging in from THE BIG EMPTY. Alaska. Reading cryptozoology texts has convinced me that spirits dwell and take unusual persona. My mother crossed a few years back, I've been contemplating bringing home a purebred wolf cub this spring. There's a captive wolfpack here, soon to close. I've debated the morality of loving a wild creature and 'taming' her to some extent. My family is part Ojibwe and mom's animal totem in Amerind Astrology is the Wolf. Just before snowfall my mother appeared to me in wolf form in the darkness of my back yard. Chained dogs in the area were going insane. My acre stretches back into a hillside where dogs and the occasional moose travel night and day. This certainly was not a dog. My Samoyeds needed to get back in the house stat. In the dusk I saw the outline of a quadraped. We don't have coyotes in this area. I got a torch and shined it outward and met a pair of hypnotizing golden eyes. She lingered for several minutes, made her way up the dog trail, turned and looked at me at the top and vanished like smoke. A shame we're raised in the pragmatic rationalistic mindset that: If we can't touch it/weigh it/study it, it simply isn't there.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

By the way, I copied some of the text from the original story and found it on IGN posted by Randy Marsh of South Park fame and several other sites (including the cached results on 4-chan). It appears recent, but could be a variation of an existing story told around many campuses. Just my limited research so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join