It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians Control This Forum?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ATS and BTS could've turned into a cristian board if that one lady had won the "Theory of Evolution Wrong" thread.

Hail Satan

and Hitler

and Stalin

and Milosevic

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

C'mon Agent thats uncalled for no need to call it a crappy thread and you havnt even added anything to the thread.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by drunk]

I apologize and edit my previous statement.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You still haven't added anything to the thread.

As to everybody else who posted, I would like to point out once again that I am fully aware of who "owns and runs" the forums...my question really should be "Do many of you feel the predominantly Christian posters in the ATS Religious forum sway opinion or try and suppress those that have differiing opinions?"

I've noticed names like heathen, demonic and sinners used for non-believers in the last 2 years on ATS and I've also noticed people who ask decidedly non-Christian questions receive quite a bit of disrespect. Just wondering if some of you feel that the majority rules when it comes to opinions in the Religious forum on ATS.

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Caution: Sarcasm Ahead
This is such a worthy article Sinobyte. In the future you should make the title a little bit more inflammatory. That way you'll get more discussion.

"Are all the Mods mamma's boys?"
"Do idiots believe in aliens?"

And make sure and attack the writing skills of everyone who posts after you. "Dude your English is so lame. Are you from France or something?" Also it is important to never cite an reference or instance to back up your discussion. Providing links to helpful content that backs up your opinion only clouds the issue.

My post had nothing to do with the mods, aliens or idiots. I never "made fun of" the writing skills of everybody who posted after me. I simply cracked a joke at the expense of Nans sketchy english in response to her sarcasm. No need to cry for her.

There's no need for me to cite any referances for anything...I was looking for opinions from posters. Not trying to establish the validity of a theory. I don't believe I included my "opinion" in my first post...just an observation. I then asked for opinions on that observation. Pull the panties from your crack and see if you can muster something worthwhile to further this post.

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
All I can say is the opinion of the majority will be conveyed more than the opinion of the minority. If the majority of the members were Satanists their opinion would be heard more often. I�m sure you get the point.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks KingLizard! Appreciate the reply, you're exactly right.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well what do you expect if you just hang around in the religion forums?

I hardly ever browse those and as such hardly ever hear the word christian mentioned except for in the odd evolution debate. I'd say of those interested in discussing religion, the majority is most likely christian. But thats due to the fact that the vast majority of ATS members are from North America or Western Europe, where christianity is by far the dominant religion.

In the overall board, no, there is very little talk of religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As a Christian, I can clearly see how obnoxious we can be to others. In fact, in spite of myself I sometimes find myself identifying more with statements in the posts of non-believers. I belong to a "minority" faith and feel as out of the loop as you do when the mainstreamers start frothing and hurling.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join