It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians Control This Forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
BTW Nans is female and a great poster of long standing (and some wacky ideas)

As was I, mid-2002. I recently was forced to re-register with a new name. Long standing posting doesn't mean the reply was easy to read. Thanks for translating though.

As for Nans being female. Interesting. What does he feel about that?

[Edited on 5/31/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
As for Nans being female. Interesting. What does he feel about that?

I'm sure she's just as happy being female as I am.
Nans is a she, you know. Seriously.

-B.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thanks. Your fellow mod beat you to the punch with that pertinent info.

Once again, my statement about "what he thought of it" was a joke. Seriously, you're taking things a bit seriously.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I'm not sure what the hell you just said so I'll chalk it up to a brilliant reply lost in translation although from here it reads a bit sarcastic? Speaky da english? lol...just playing...feel free to be a bit more specific and explain your reply.

No, It was just a sarcasm...

I don't think ATS is " a christian board".

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

I've noticed the majority of the posts on this board tend to favor Christianity and I've even seen one of the mods attack posters because he's Christian so my questions is...what religion or philosophy do you practice and do you feel you get a fair shake in this forum?

For instance, in the Secret Societies forum, Masons are the target, on the Aliens / UFO board the "skeptics" are the targets and on this board who do you feel is targeted the most? Do you feel the Christians get an unfair shake? The Catholics? The Satanists?

Yes, of course !

You have find, in fact we are a christians millenarists sects.
The T of ATS is in fact a christian cross.

Amen !

In fact, it's not only English troubles but almost dyslexia. Even in french I have some problems sometimes.

Okay, I wanted to say on the above post :

You have found the truth : ATS is a christian sect and the T stand for a christian cross...

It wasn't a sarcasm about you but about people who see secrets-society signs everywhere.

Hummm, I re-read the above post...Sorry..it was a sarcasm about you.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think that a psycology major would have a great time on this board trying to understand all of the thoughts and values expresed by people. I have felt that my time on ATS has been great and the people very informative. The thing you have to remember is that you have everyone from 14- 80 on here and from every region of the world so you have to wade through the good and the bad and keep a open mind.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I've noted that any post I make that dare to ask the unasked questions involving christianity get moved to BTS. I do think the mods here are extreemly biased at times. Especially in this particular forum. Just my opinion though. On the other side of that I've noted some very anti christian posts get left in here.. so maybe It is just me

X

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I've noted that any post I make that dare to ask the unasked questions involving christianity get moved to BTS. I do think the mods here are extreemly biased at times. Especially in this particular forum. Just my opinion though. On the other side of that I've noted some very anti christian posts get left in here.. so maybe It is just me

X

Yes, I've noticed that also.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

By asking if they controlled the forum I meant do they hold the majority opinion and occasionally use that to their advantage when it comes to non-christians and their opinions and ideas.

Yes. Christians are the majority that are in this forum. That's why when someone questions the Bible here everyone jumps on them.
lol

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I spent a couple years as VP of a large union and can understand the plight of the moderators because I had duties much the same. They have a lot of needs to meet and a lot of different people to please and it is not as easy as it would appear. I hated it and I was getting about 60 a year for doing it.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
lol Nans i've noticed it too... And you gremlin stop making stupid "jokes" about Nans. You want to make a joke, make a normal one, not all people take it the way you do. Make a joke so that everyone thinks it's funny

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I like the subject of religion even if I don't believe in bible events but rather I relay on historical events. I will like to have informative discussions of bible comparizon and historical events but is difficult when somebody live by bible events and disregard historical facts.

I am glad that some moderators are womans I was stating to wonder, Good for us ladies.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey People! This thread was originally posted in the ATS Religion forum but it seems that somebody didn't feel it belonged there so it was moved to BTS. :shk:

Please feel free to state your opinions though.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

X

You seem to have been correct. This was moved to BTS. I wonder if it would have been allowed to stay in the ATS Religions forum if it had been about Satanists or Catholics or Freemasons?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ok sure. This is a strange thread. No links or relevant evidence was presented at the beginning. The opinion of the author is purely speculation. The thread is non sequitor and choppy. Hell I wouldnt even have bothered to post here until it was moved to BTS.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am not necessarily christian. As a matter of fact, I attack many aspects of Christianity and the Bible. For the most part, I am left to say what I want. It might be because there is no refuting the things I talk about :shk:. There are a few people who do though, seek me out, and attack what I have to say. Even though that all that is ever provided to me is oppinion, while I will give fact....yada yada. Same story. In any case, no....I dont think there is a christian bias here at all. Plenty of other religions show there face, and everyone gets there fair say.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Ok sure. This is a crappy thread and was moved one step closer to the trash bin. No links or relevant evidence was presented at the beginning. The opinion of the author is purely speculation. The thread is non sequitor and choppy. Hell I wouldnt even have bothered to post here until it was moved to BTS.

C'mon Agent thats uncalled for no need to call it a crappy thread and you havnt even added anything to the thread.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, the majority of the members seem to be of the Christian denomination more so then any other organized religion which would cause it to appear leaning to such a view point. And some of them (NOT ALL) are very loud mouth zealots that shove their unquestionable beliefs at others any chance they get. This would make it seem that they are even at greater numbers here because of their 'visability'.

However the comment that they are in control seems to be a bit much for me. This is ultimatily a site about uncovering facts still and until that changes I do not believe that ATS will be 'taken over' by any religion.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Caution: Sarcasm Ahead
This is such a worthy article Sinobyte. In the future you should make the title a little bit more inflammatory. That way you'll get more discussion.

"Are all the Mods mamma's boys?"
"Do idiots believe in aliens?"

And make sure and attack the writing skills of everyone who posts after you. "Dude your English is so lame. Are you from France or something?" Also it is important to never cite an reference or instance to back up your discussion. Providing links to helpful content that backs up your opinion only clouds the issue.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they "controlled" the forum (meaning a majority of the mods/staff would be Christian) after all, they do control the world so...

Edit: (no offense meant) ... and I'm seeing a #load of posts that have "Blind&Brainwashed-Christian-Sheep" written all over them... (I meant posts in generals, not necessarly from the staff)

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by m0rbid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join