It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians Control This Forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've noticed the majority of the posts on this board tend to favor Christianity and I've even seen one of the mods attack posters because he's Christian so my questions is...what religion or philosophy do you practice and do you feel you get a fair shake in this forum?

For instance, in the Secret Societies forum, Masons are the target, on the Aliens / UFO board the "skeptics" are the targets and on this board who do you feel is targeted the most? Do you feel the Christians get an unfair shake? The Catholics? The Satanists?

[Edited on 5/31/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
No Christians do not control this forum ATS admin do

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Witty
Do you have something to add to the topic?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes i do it seems that there are alot of Christians in this forum that is why it seems that Christians run this forum but in actuality they dont.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain they don't control the forum as in having mod, admin or owner abilities. I've noticed they are the majority and alot of Christian propaganda posting goes on. I was really interested in the thoughts of the non-christians.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yes you are right there are fairly alot of Christains on ATS well i am not religious.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
LOL...nor I. Your avatar and I share some mutual ideas as well as the same membership card. Just interested in hearing some opinions that weren't part of the majority.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have seen a LOT of threads here degenerate into Bible-quoting marathons, and it doesn't seem to matter which board they're on. Yes, I'm pagan, but I respect that others have a right to their faith. I ask only that they respect mine and don't start calling me & other non-Christians "demonic" because they don't have anything better to say -- perhaps I'm asking too much?

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by Hecate100]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
I've noticed the majority of the posts on this board tend to favor Christianity and I've even seen one of the mods attack posters because he's Christian so my questions is...what religion or philosophy do you practice and do you feel you get a fair shake in this forum?

For instance, in the Secret Societies forum, Masons are the target, on the Aliens / UFO board the "skeptics" are the targets and on this board who do you feel is targeted the most? Do you feel the Christians get an unfair shake? The Catholics? The Satanists?

Yes, of course !

You have find, in fact we are a christians millenarists sects.
The T of ATS is in fact a christian cross.

Amen !

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the hell you just said so I'll chalk it up to a brilliant reply lost in translation although from here it reads a bit sarcastic? Speaky da english? lol...just playing...feel free to be a bit more specific and explain your reply.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
I have seen a LOT of threads here degenerate into Bible-quoting marathons, and it doesn't seem to matter which board they're on. Yes, I'm pagan, but I respect that others have a right to their faith. I ask only that they respect mine and don't start calling me & other non-Christians "demonic" because they don't have anything better to say -- perhaps I'm asking too much?

"demonic"...lol..."heathen" must have gone out of style. Do you feel opinions are more hostile to the non-christians? Do you feel your opinion is take alot less seriously?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Speaky da english?

That was uncalled for.
Nans is French and not a native English speaker.
Show some respect and don't make comments like that again. This is a global community.

-B.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well I have it in for all those syncretic neo animists. man they get on my nerves!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Speaky da english?

That was uncalled for.
Nans is French and not a native English speaker.
Show some respect and don't make comments like that again. This is a global community.

-B.

I'm well aware he's french and I was only kidding/playing as I stated a few words after my comment. Only a joke. That's allowed right?

In my opinion his reply was still indecipherable but I'm sure he'd be happy to clarify.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Well I have it in for all those syncretic neo animists. man they get on my nerves!

*looks around*

*hides animist membership card*

*slinks away*

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I dont think Christians ~CONTROL~ ATS per say.......but yes alot of Christians are posters in many threads.
BUT........I gotta say, once the bible thumping begins, and folks loose site of SCIENTIFIC facts.....I sure can loose interest in the thread I am/was reading.....I find this TRUE for me, no matter WHAT belief the person starts THUMPING at me....espescially if it is THEYRE BELIEF SYSTEM so they think anyone who disagrees is WRONG WRONG WRONG...............weather its an Alien topic, Paranormal, Religious or even a Terror alert. Alot of people get really STUCK in the truth as THEY SEE IT..........
Being on this type of forum though....shows the ability to be willing to 'DISCUSS'...(one would HOPE) from another perspective.
Christians can be rather determined to PROVE that they are correct though. I think this stems from the idea that they are trying to SAVE you.......and they think they are doing you a GREAT service by enlightening you to their way of thinking.....(since they are correct and YOU are wrong) ........they arent a very ~LIVE and let LIVE~ group, for they think everyone needs to join in the way they think, in order to be ~SAVED~........so I guess they are just loving people the best way they know how, by trying SO HARD to convince others.
That does NOT mean they RUN this site though

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
By asking if they controlled the forum I meant do they hold the majority opinion and occasionally use that to their advantage when it comes to non-christians and their opinions and ideas.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There's a definite non-Christian presence here, but there's also a fanatical, fundamentalist Christian element that seems intent on flooding ATS with endless debates over the Biblical God in the majority of posts. One poster even lauded genocide against Islamics (whatever happened to "Thou shalt not kill"?), and I've seen pure fundie vitriol about things paranormal. I mean, if you don't ascribe to a particular belief and don't know anything about it, is it really necessary to start calling its followers satanists and demons and taking up the screen with Biblical quotations that have only a passing relevance to the topic? Heck, I skip over 99% of the "Do you believe in God?" posts, but apparently some people feel threatened by any viewpoint other than their own.

I know it's always the bad apples that stink the worst. While I'm not particularly concerned about what they think of me, I do believe they're actively trying to stifle objective thought and expression.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What is there not to understand?
Can you not reada the english?
BTW Nans is female and a great poster of long standing (and some wacky ideas)

Let me translate for you if you are finding it difficult... (Nans in bold)
Yes, of course !
yeah right on man, you jammin wid the mama here!

You have find, in fact we are a christians millenarists sects.
Hey dude we are like these far out christian dudes who thought the world ended at the year 2000, freaky scene man, roll me another one

The T of ATS is in fact a christian cross.
The T of ATS is in fact a christian cross

Amen !
Hey bro, drop me one on em! Dis is da bomb!!

I'm well aware he's french and I was only kidding/playing as I stated a few words after my comment. Only a joke. That's allowed right?

In my opinion his reply was still indecipherable but I'm sure he'd be happy to clarify.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Leave the comedy to the bears.

*hides*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join