It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Shows Lights in Sky during Chile Earthquake!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
On Saturday, Feb 27, ATS member this_is_who_we_are posted an awesome thread about the journalist named Cecelia Lagos who said she saw lights in the sky during the earthquake.

Was it HAARP?
Was it transformers exploding?

Well, judge for yourself. Here's a video I found on Youtube that shows the sky during the earthquake. You can see several different colors - green, pinkish orange, etc.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Transformers,

100% sure

I have been thru several quakes of some stature... In one case I was upon a hill and watched the whole city blowing up (transformers); in person the dominate color is green, but other as well...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You can also read what Chilean ATS members say about the lights:

Its important to clear out in ATS too that the colors on the sky seen during the quake were basically the streetlights going down when the power got off and reflected on the misty night on that day
www.abovetopsecret.com...

yup, the images of the "lights" are just street lights jumping and transformers collapsing. I've watched the images on TV some hours ago. There wasn't any weird northern light alike in the sky, not in Santiago, neither in Maule/Bio Bio.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's another video showing the sparking.
Chile

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

That's kind of how I'm leaning. I was expecting the sky to look like aurora borealis or something. It does just kind of look like light reflecting off the clouds from explosions.

Not what I would expect HAARP to look like.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I second that. I have been through a few hurricanes and seen transformers go. The lights in the video look identical.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dang it! I didn't realize someone had found sky footage - so many threads, so many pages, only so much time.

That pretty much rules out anything out of the ordinary, for an earthquake that is.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As long as it's not Galvatron it's ok.

In this case I think it's step up and step down transformers having been damaged. It's got the same fireworks sound to it that they have. There are accepted aerial phenomena associated with Earthquakes. Check out Earthquake Lights.

Anyway, that clip was Cloverfield-tastic. I hope everyone in it is Ok.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Although it's probably transformers, the blueish green color in the sky at around 23 seconds looks pretty similar color wise to the norway spiral.

If we could only find evidence of some spirals at the same time of the earthquake then we could build a case!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuse360
Although it's probably transformers, the blueish green color in the sky at around 23 seconds looks pretty similar color wise to the norway spiral.

If we could only find evidence of some spirals at the same time of the earthquake then we could build a case!

Some people just can't let it go...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/697401e22e85.jpg[/atsimg]

IRM

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's definitely not "streetlights collapsing to the ground" I'm not blind.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's connected someway to this Norway spiral though either.

Maybe it has something to do with magnetism? I've read that could have an effect on the color of the sky.....?

Let me see if I can find that article..

edit to add- www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was the recent thread named- Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..." = 61 flags and 10 page discussion....

What makes this thread so ridiculous?
The OP has posted an actual video....where you can see the pretty lights for yourself...

Confused.

And just to be clear.... It is NOT street lights reflecting or falling to the ground! I don't even know who would believe such a daft explanation.- en.wikipedia.org...

(didn't notice the link to the article in the op.) apologies.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The man in the car is shouting "watch out for the cables, out of the car.
The electricity cables are above the ground carried by tree poles, which is common site in Concepción.

When I was there, there was a cable that all of a sudden hit the ground and anyone near it could have been fried to death.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
OK OP-

I might have changed my mind

I saw the same lights in Downtown LA this evening @ about 10pm PST

A bunch of people saw it, a few screamed... it was WIERD and MASSIVE to say the least

As you saw in my first post I was skeptical, however, now???

IF we get struck soon I will be convinced some strange stuff is afoot

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
These lights are actually a good thing...

Not only is it certain that earthquakes can cause lights in the sky; it seems possible that the lights sometimes occur before earthquakes and so serve as warning precursors.

Well, I live in South Africa...but if I ever see strange lights in the sky, I will be sure to make my way up to the mountain.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
These lights are actually a good thing...

Not only is it certain that earthquakes can cause lights in the sky; it seems possible that the lights sometimes occur before earthquakes and so serve as warning precursors.

Well, I live in South Africa...but if I ever see strange lights in the sky, I will be sure to make my way up to the mountain.

I'm telling you I just saw them

SAME color and ALL

I'm still trippin on it

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Yep. That's what I see too. I haven't been through a major earthquake like that, but I lived next to substation that went up in storm once. It was like the end of the world when it blew. Definitely transformers and power lines blowing.

top topics

join